Main Menu

Top 5 Rucks

Started by fasttrack13, January 01, 2015, 11:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: aussied on January 13, 2015, 01:04:11 AM
anyone know how Marics pre season is going, was looking good towards the end of the season, and considering he was injured last preseason im very tempted to run a maric / nic nat combo

Not sure on pre-season form, but read today that he is now the joint vice captain with Lids

quinny88

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 13, 2015, 01:30:16 AM
Quote from: aussied on January 13, 2015, 01:04:11 AM
anyone know how Marics pre season is going, was looking good towards the end of the season, and considering he was injured last preseason im very tempted to run a maric / nic nat combo

Not sure on pre-season form, but read today that he is now the joint vice captain with Lids

Training really well. No operations, fully fit. Set for a big year.
So tempted to get him myself but can't look past the Goldy/NicNat combo at this stage

GoLions

Goldylocks
NicNat paddywhack
Saucy beach
Will you Maric me
And for some reason I think BIG STEFAN could round out the top 5 if he keeps racking up possessions

Mummy and Sandipants to easily knock out those last 2 though if they stay on the park

Speculator

Most ruck scores will decrease next year according to the prospectus. Might be something to consider when selecting your starting rucks because odds are you'll be paying overs.

Vulpes

NicNat
Jacobs
Goldy
Maric
Ryder

Just found a Herald Sun article on SC Rucks. It has the top 10 hit outs to advantage percentages!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-2015-adelaide-ruckman-sam-jacobs-to-thrive-as-changes-reward-more-than-just-hit-outs/story-fni5f3gz-1227168373435

Anyone under 33% will be losing hit out points next season, so you have to go underpriced just to stay even. I was pretty keen on Maric before I saw this. Still very keen on NicNat even with it. I know he was the top hit to advatange player in 2012 so he will benefit from the new rule if he's playing at full fitness. Also looks like Stef Martin will lose almost all his ruckwork points.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Speculator on January 16, 2015, 01:33:19 PM
Most ruck scores will decrease next year according to the prospectus. Might be something to consider when selecting your starting rucks because odds are you'll be paying overs.

Had a look at the ruck ave adjustments using the new rule of the top 5 of last seasons ruckmen at SC Strategy on FF. so have changed mine to Jacobs and Kreuzer. But really believe we'll have to have a look at how they are scored during the NAB because after looking at the ave drop under the new system most will be very overpriced  ....  :'(                   
But just for sanity's sake I've changed again to Jacobs and Goldy, set and forget. At least until the NAB and then if I change anything I'll get more money rather than have to look for it.       :-\

MC

Tallied the results:

Goldy: 22
Jacobs: 21
Mummy: 20
NicNat: 16
Maric: 11

-----------

Sandi: 9
Martin: 3
Minson:2
Leuey:2
Ryder:2
McEvoy: 1
Kreuzer: 1
Lobbe: 1
Blicavs: 1

lucky

Provided they are all fit

Nic Nat- No Cox, Eagles should do better than last year, finally has a preseason.
Jacobs
goldy
mumford
kreuzer- provided he plays as solo ruckman.

Speculator

Naitanui
Jacobs
Goldstein
Mumford
Sandilands