Top 10 Defenders

Started by fasttrack13, January 01, 2015, 11:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotTiges

Quote from: batt on May 03, 2015, 08:35:38 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 03, 2015, 08:28:44 PM
I refuse to pay over 500k for a defender, which is why McDonald and Pittard are on my radar and one of them is likely to come in this week
Jeez, the second Pittard is on your radar you KNOW the defensive line sucks.
67, 130, 94, 102 and 99..

HotTiges

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on May 03, 2015, 08:39:23 PM
I refuse to pay over 500k for a defender, which is why McDonald and Pittard are on my radar and one of them is likely to come in this week

Good player, it's just the forward tags which have troubles him in the past that worries me.
Yeah he will get attention now you would think, same with Houli in the next few weeks

RaisyDaisy

Haha, so true!

It's looking like the Top 6 defenders this year could all be debutants, so just have to take a punt on some guys who don't have the history

dmac07

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 03, 2015, 08:43:18 PM

Haha, so true!

It's looking like the Top 6 defenders this year could all be debutants, so just have to take a punt on some guys who don't have the history

Oxley a keeper? Haha

FactHunt

Quote from: dmac07 on May 03, 2015, 08:54:31 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 03, 2015, 08:43:18 PM

Haha, so true!

Oxley a keeper? Haha
The way he is going, you keep him for sure for the time being. The Pies have an excellent draw pre byes, he stays until then at a minimum!

RaisyDaisy

I said I wouldn't pay over 500k for a defender, but Rance is only 9k over

Will play around with my options, but one of Rance, McDonald or Pittard is coming into my side this week I think

tkringle

Have lumumba and newnes. Not sure I can carry both so will be upgrading one of them.. Not sure who to though..

Haven't caught any of the Melbourne games this year. Why has McDonald jumped 35+ points a game this year? Different role?

HotTiges

Quote from: tkringle on May 03, 2015, 09:30:51 PM
Have lumumba and newnes. Not sure I can carry both so will be upgrading one of them.. Not sure who to though..

Haven't caught any of the Melbourne games this year. Why has McDonald jumped 35+ points a game this year? Different role?
Have both still as well.. Think Newnes goes.. McDonald is killing it. A lot of interceptions, good disposal efficiency..

FactHunt

Quote from: HotTiges on May 03, 2015, 09:35:12 PM
Quote from: tkringle on May 03, 2015, 09:30:51 PM

Have both still as well.. Think Newnes goes.. McDonald is killing it. A lot of interceptions, good disposal efficiency..
Yeah, this. His contested marks, and from opposition kicks.

BomberSam

My current Defence is:

Shaw- Keeper

Oxley- Hold until byes, potential keeper

Lumumba- Hold for now, unlikely keeper

Saad- Hold until price peak

Ibbotson- Hold for now, potential/unlikely keeper

Newnes- Hold for now, potential/unlikely keeper

McIntosh- Trade in next couple of weeks when price peaks

Goodes- Upgrade, probably this week

Houli, Hibberd, Simpson, Smith, Pittard, McGovern all on watchlist.

Southstorm

Quote from: AaronKirk on May 03, 2015, 08:19:53 PM
flower, I am hating defence this year. I wouldn't trust any so called premium to bring them in at this stage.

As long as Saad, McIntosh and Oxley can score decently I will upgrade elsewhere and let them go up in price.
This

billnats

Hate trading people I had as keepers so not sure if I will trade Newnes.
It's either him for McDonald this week or Rich for a premium

Big Mac

Really hesitant with guys like McDonald, Pittard, McGovern etc after watching Hooker drop off so much after the byes last year. They have no history so when these guys inevitably get beaten by their man and lose a bit of confidence who knows if they will be able to bounce back

I'm happy fielding Saad and Oxley now though so won't worry too much

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 03, 2015, 10:52:34 PM
Really hesitant with guys like McDonald, Pittard, McGovern etc after watching Hooker drop off so much after the byes last year. They have no history so when these guys inevitably get beaten by their man and lose a bit of confidence who knows if they will be able to bounce back

I'm happy fielding Saad and Oxley now though so won't worry too much

If I had 4 keepers I would sit tight too, but I only have 3, and one of them is Lumumba so I really need to sure things up and bring in a 4th

McDonald is coming in for me.

McGovern and Pittard just don't feel right to me, but I am very confident with what I've seen from TMac, and I'll leave my final 2 spots for more seasoned guys like Rance, Hodge, Houli etc etc whoever are the best after the byes

I'm off Smith for now. He's last 2 weeks have been shockers, and he only had 1 good year last year anyway, so he is just as much a gamble as the rest of them. I'm betting on TMac :)

Gigantor

Does any one think Thompson is to blame for Smiths low scores the last 3 weeks?