Top 10 Defenders

Started by fasttrack13, January 01, 2015, 11:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FactHunt

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 20, 2015, 06:07:09 PM
Quote from: shaker on April 20, 2015, 06:03:33 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on April 20, 2015, 05:56:48 PM
Im really very, very happy Brodie Smith turned out to be unique 8)

Good to see you are still waving the flag Tbag , I got him myself when I saw he was playing  ;)
Yeah good trade! Expect another ton this week now he's over the head knock and the rain has passed over the Docklands ;)

I wonder how much longer it will take the n00bs to actually realize Smithy is the real deal? ???

This n00b is looking to get him in, but might have to wait a week or two for some mooing(or even early mooing) to occur...
He will come in though.

RaisyDaisy

Brodie Smith has put in a couple of absolute stinkers over the past couple of weeks. Glad I didn't get him

Houli looks very good but is too expensive to get now IMO

What are peoples thoughts on Pittard? After round 1 he has gone 130, 94, 101 and 99 unscaled tonight

I think I will be bringing in a premo defender this week, and Pittard and McDonald seem like the two that are scoring very well and still priced under 500k

If I can afford McDonald I am bringing him in for sure. 8 excellent scores in a row now (First 5 rounds plus 3 NAB matches) is enough to show me he is going to be a keeper, and if I cant afford him I am seriously considering Pittard, especially with their draw opening right up now

Thoughts?

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 03, 2015, 07:57:46 PM
Brodie Smith has put in a couple of absolute stinkers over the past couple of weeks. Glad I didn't get him

What are peoples thoughts on Pittard? After round 1 he has gone 130, 94, 101 and 99 unscaled tonight

I think I will be bringing in a premo defender this week, and Pittard and McDonald seem like the two that are scoring very well and still priced under 500k

If I can afford McDonald I am bringing him in for sure. 8 excellent scores in a row now (First 5 rounds plus 3 NAB matches) is enough to show me he is going to be a keeper, and if I cant afford him I am seriously considering Pittard, especially with their draw opening right up now

Thoughts?

I think McDonald has proven himself, seems to be playing with maximum confidence now. There was one piece of play where he took a one handed contested mark, that is a good barometer of how well he's performing.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Bully on May 03, 2015, 08:00:32 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 03, 2015, 07:57:46 PM

Thoughts?

I think McDonald has proven himself, seems to be playing with maximum confidence now. There was one piece of play where he took a one handed contested mark, that is a good barometer of how well he's performing.

Yeah he's proven he can do it even in the big losses which is impressive. My only concern would be obviously he's extremely confident right now, I still do see that running out eventually, similarly to Cale Hooker last year. Not a bad guy to bring in though considering how woeful many of the 'premiums' have been

HotTiges

Have to entertain the likes of Mcdonald McGovern and Hooker..seem to be scoring better then Hibberd Simpson etc

Gigantor

Yeah they look good, the question is do you upgrade an Oxley/Saad/Tosh or do a bit of a sideways upgrade of Newnes/Lumumba?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Gigantor on May 03, 2015, 08:09:51 PM
Yeah they look good, the question is do you upgrade an Oxley/Saad/Tosh or do a bit of a sideways upgrade of Newnes/Lumumba?

Lumumba is getting on my nerves, but I wont luxury trade premo's until I've got 22 of them, so he stays

2 of Tosh, Goodes and Heeney will be out this week for me, with Pittard or McDonald coming in I reckon

Gigantor

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 03, 2015, 08:12:32 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on May 03, 2015, 08:09:51 PM

Lumumba is getting on my nerves, but I wont luxury trade premo's until I've got 22 of them, so he stays

2 of Tosh, Goodes and Heeney will be out this week for me, with Pittard or McDonald coming in I reckon
Yeah I really don't want to sideways but Newnes and Lumumba are depressing

I've got Shaw and Murphy so I'll probably just sit Newnes, Lumumba, Ox and Saad at D3-D6 for as long as possible

AaronKirk

flower, I am hating defence this year. I wouldn't trust any so called premium to bring them in at this stage.

As long as Saad, McIntosh and Oxley can score decently I will upgrade elsewhere and let them go up in price.

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 03, 2015, 08:12:32 PM

Newnes and Lumumba will be gone from my team around the byes I think if I can complete the rest of my team by then. The only thing that will save them is 3 or 4 huge scores in a row. I need two upgrade targets in defense (not including the sideways trades) and I am thinking McGovern and one of Birch/Bob/Hodge.

FactHunt

Quote from: AaronKirk on May 03, 2015, 08:19:53 PM
flower, I am hating defence this year. I wouldn't trust any so called premium to bring them in at this stage.

As long as Saad, McIntosh and Oxley can score decently I will upgrade elsewhere and let them go up in price.

Yeah, definitely keeping Oxley for the time being, Saad can stay too for  spell. I'm slightly over the Tosh, I foresee him being out of my squad in the next fortnight as an upgrade.

RaisyDaisy

I refuse to pay over 500k for a defender, which is why McDonald and Pittard are on my radar and one of them is likely to come in this week

Saad and Ox aren't going anywhere, but I will punt Tosh if I need to

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 03, 2015, 08:28:44 PM
I refuse to pay over 500k for a defender, which is why McDonald and Pittard are on my radar and one of them is likely to come in this week

Saad and Ox aren't going anywhere, but I will punt Tosh if I need to

Also this. One of the reasons I am considering McGovern is I can bring him in for Salem and then swing him back for Tosh when he tops out in a couple of weeks. It also allows me to evaluate Tom Mitchell and his job security as a forward option or I can wait for Gray to bottom out pending on cash

batt

Jeez, the second Pittard is on your radar you KNOW the defensive line sucks.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: batt on May 03, 2015, 08:35:38 PM
Jeez, the second Pittard is on your radar you KNOW the defensive line sucks.

Good player, it's just the forward tags which have troubles him in the past that worries me.