Top 10 Defenders

Started by fasttrack13, January 01, 2015, 11:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

I'll continue to keep and eye on McDonald for sure, but the backline is the last line I plan on upgrading at this stage

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 20, 2015, 10:42:28 AM
I'll continue to keep and eye on McDonald for sure, but the backline is the last line I plan on upgrading at this stage
Yeah, happy to play 2 of Oxley, Saad, and Kmac each week and upgrade other lines (mainly forwards atm) first

krk004

Adcock got him hoping his solid NAB form might translate to be a decent value pick.

Haven't seen any of his games thus far.

73 (1 goal)
94 (2 goals)

Was thinking;

Adcock > Smith

Thoughts?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: krk004 on April 20, 2015, 12:26:44 PM
Adcock got him hoping his solid NAB form might translate to be a decent value pick.

73 (1 goal)
94 (2 goals)

Was thinking;

Adcock > Smith

Thoughts?

Good trade

Brisbane keep getting smashed, and Jed will struggle to push a 90 average

Just consider it a correctional trade, which is what we do over the first few rounds

krk004

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 20, 2015, 12:32:46 PM
Quote from: krk004 on April 20, 2015, 12:26:44 PM

73 (1 goal)
94 (2 goals)

Was thinking;

Adcock > Smith

Thoughts?

Good trade

Brisbane keep getting smashed, and Jed will struggle to push a 90 average

Just consider it a correctional trade, which is what we do over the first few rounds

Cheers, appreciate the feedback

Knowall

Is anyone thinking Taylor Hunt could be up there at the end of the year.  He's had a good start playing as a more attacking midfielder.  Almost 100k cheaper than McDonald.  Despite Mcdonalds start I have more faith in a mid than a key defender.

j959

Quote from: Knowall on April 20, 2015, 02:38:31 PM
Is anyone thinking Taylor Hunt could be up there at the end of the year.  He's had a good start playing as a more attacking midfielder.  Almost 100k cheaper than McDonald.  Despite Mcdonalds start I have more faith in a mid than a key defender.
possible on Hunt but he's not a premium yet - not sure how much his price rise has been but he might float roles and this is still a bit too early to call in my mind.

if you're already on, well and good but personally i'd be hesitant at bringing him in - having said that look at my current ranking ... (ie what the flower would I know??) ...  :P   :-X   ;)

i'd be similar on McDonald - role might have changed for this season but who knows and we can't assign him premium keeper status yet ...   :o   ;)

Bully

Quote from: Knowall on April 20, 2015, 02:38:31 PM

Hunt could easily average 90 this year although I would still want to see him perform against the best. He's put on 50k so probably awkwardly priced now, Saad & Oxley stand every chance to average something similar.

Southstorm

Honestly, if Oxley, Saad and McIntosh can average 85 then I'm tempted to leave them in the side until after the byes. 85 from a D5/6 is certainly serviceable given the circumstances and Smith/Shaw aside, there are no really attractive options right now.

Frankfaust1

Anyone have any thoughts on Hurn? He's just had a big bleed and might end up hurting me as much as Goodes. Keep him, or get rid of?  :P :-\

jfitty

Quote from: Frankfaust1 on April 20, 2015, 02:53:36 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on Hurn? He's just had a big bleed and might end up hurting me as much as Goodes. Keep him, or get rid of?  :P :-\

As a frustrated Malceski owner, my thoughts with all these under performing defenders is just to hold, unless you can turn them into Smith, Shaw or Simpson.

The top 6 is still very much up in the air, so might as well back your starting premiums until it becomes a bit more clearer who the 'must get' defenders are. Hurn could easily churn out two 100+ scores in the next fortnight and enter the top 10 bracket

tbagrocks

Im really very, very happy Brodie Smith turned out to be unique 8)

greco272

Simpson
Eski
Lumumba
Shaw
Newes
Smith

shaker

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 20, 2015, 05:56:48 PM

Good to see you are still waving the flag Tbag , I got him myself when I saw he was playing  ;)

tbagrocks

Quote from: shaker on April 20, 2015, 06:03:33 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on April 20, 2015, 05:56:48 PM

Good to see you are still waving the flag Tbag , I got him myself when I saw he was playing  ;)
Yeah good trade! Expect another ton this week now he's over the head knock and the rain has passed over the Docklands ;)

I wonder how much longer it will take the n00bs to actually realize Smithy is the real deal? ???