Hibberd
Fisher
Burgoyne
Smith
Jaensch
Shaw
Birchall

RaisyDaisy

I've just been looking through the list of defenders and am starting to think that this year it might be worth saving a few bucks

I think there are so many defenders who can average mid 80's to mid 90's, and I'm thinking of going with a few of the cheaper ones to save cash and use it elsewhere

Malceski is too much
Ive had Smith in my side but am now thinking I can get the same average from a cheaper option
Simpson is locked for me. Never misses games and always average 95
I don't have the stones to select Shaw because he always misses games

I'm now thinking of starting Simpson, Birchall, Hurn and Fisher

By starting Birchall, Hurn and Fisher over Smith, Hibberd etc I've managed to bank about 70k, and I'm just thinking all of these guys will pretty much average similar comes seasons end

I've always had Hibberd but have squeezed him out for now

What do people think? I know a lot of people are turned off by Fisher, but I reckon he is worth it being 50k+ cheaper then the rest, and he has a long history of averaging very well and he's body finally right

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 31, 2015, 08:06:46 PM
I've just been looking through the list of defenders and am starting to think that this year it might be worth saving a few bucks

I think there are so many defenders who can average mid 80's to mid 90's, and I'm thinking of going with a few of the cheaper ones to save cash and use it elsewhere

Malceski is too much
Ive had Smith in my side but am now thinking I can get the same average from a cheaper option

By starting Birchall, Hurn and Fisher over Smith, Hibberd etc I've managed to bank about 70k, and I'm just thinking all of these guys will pretty much average similar comes seasons end

What do people think? I know a lot of people are turned off by Fisher, but I reckon he is worth it being 50k+ cheaper then the rest, and he has a long history of averaging very well and he's body finally right
I've been considering Birchall, Hurn and Fisher this whole time but have been trying to keep fairly quiet about it.

There's a bit of risk vs reward with Hurn and Fisher, but the reward is greater than the risk imo especially with back stocks as they are.

Jackross10

T Dog

Harbrow and Lumumba surely   ;D

GM

Malceski is too much

Personally RD , I think Simmo and Hibbo will get 95 this year , then , well , probably a blanket.

The_Captain

Quote from: GM on January 31, 2015, 08:18:16 PM

Malceski is too much

Personally RD , I think Simmo and Hibbo will get 95 this year , then , well , probably a blanket.

What about hodge and ceski?

GM

Top 8 based on averages

Simpson
Hibberd
Malceski
Smith
Hodge
Newnes
Birchall
Shaw

I think if you can finish with 6 of those 8 you will be right.
Shaw , Hodge and possibly Birch will probably miss some games.

Big Mac

Quote from: GM on January 31, 2015, 08:26:43 PM
Top 8 based on averages

Simpson
Hibberd
Malceski
Smith
Hodge
Newnes
Birchall
Shaw

I'd probably have Hurn in there over Newnes but think you're about spot on

GM

Quote from: Big  Mac on January 31, 2015, 09:45:21 PM
Quote from: GM on January 31, 2015, 08:26:43 PM
Top 8 based on averages

Simpson
Hibberd
Malceski
Smith
Hodge
Newnes
Birchall
Shaw

I'd probably have Hurn in there over Newnes but think you're about spot on
Yeah, Hurn is up there for sure BM.

MC

Ok so tallied up the results so far:

Hibberd: 18
Shaw: 18
Simpson: 18
Malceski: 17
Smith: 17
Hodge: 13
Burgoyne: 11
Walker: 10
Birchall: 10
Newnes: 10

------------

Hurn: 8
Jaensch: 5
Lumumba: 4
Fisher: 3
Howe:2
Kelly:2
Enright:2
Rampe:2
Murphy:2

The rest got 1 mention each:
Hurley, Rampe, Docherty, Seedsman, Ibbo, SDT, Taylor, Higgins, Dunn, Yeo

LordSneeze

Pretty surprised that Smith has so many votes seeing as his role at the Crows is not yet known.

Ricochet

Quote from: LordSneeze on February 13, 2015, 02:14:18 PM
Pretty surprised that Smith has so many votes seeing as his role at the Crows is not yet known.
That and he'll cop a hell of a lot more attention after he AA yaer

dmac07

1. Malceski (101)
2. Hibberd (97)
2. H.Shaw (97)
4. Simpson (96)
5. Hurn (95)
5. Hodge (95)
7. Burgoyne (93)
8. Birchall (92)
9. Newnes (91)
9. Smith (91)

---------------------------------
85-91

Gibson
Jaensch
Kelly
Duffield
Walker
Fisher
Taylor
Lumumba

Ibbotson/Seedsman/Docherty ??? (Maybe's)

BomberSam

The defence has me worried. Very few real standouts there. We want to trade in keepers but we don't know who they are...
Who would everyone's predictions be for top 6 mids?

Mine would go:

1. Heath Shaw
2. Brodie Smith
3. Nick Malceski
4. Kade Simpson
5. Michael Hibberd
6. Heritier Lumumba

Not buying into a few HUGE early scores from some options like Rance.