Main Menu

Top 10 Mids

Started by fasttrack13, January 01, 2015, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasttrack13

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 01, 2015, 06:27:54 PM
Quote from: Fid on February 01, 2015, 06:21:44 PM
Is anyone worried what effect beams will have on rocky's scoring?

beams, rich and christo....

number 1 readon i wont be on rocky to start the season.

Reason Rockliff is a lock for me!
Hanley, Redden and Zorko will be the blokes affected by those inclusions!

nrich102

I don't see Redden being hurt that much, gets most of his points from tackling. Zorko is who it will hurt most.

fasttrack13

His clearances will cop a massive hit though beams averaged 5.9,6.8,6.1 last few years. You get a fair few points for first possessions.

fasttrack13

On Rockliff too, the bonus point scaling changes hurt him the LEAST out of all the gun mids...

eaglesman

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 01, 2015, 10:37:53 PM
On Rockliff too, the bonus point scaling changes hurt him the LEAST out of all the gun mids...

I agree with this ... Rocky priddis sloane Kennedy ward Are the top sort of 10-15 mids that will not be affected 

I still wanna wait on rocky though

blue

Quote from: eaglesman on February 02, 2015, 11:47:45 AM

I agree with this ... Rocky priddis sloane Kennedy ward Are the top sort of 10-15 mids that will not be affected 

This then raises the question on who it may effect the most,

eaglesman

Quote from: blue on February 02, 2015, 11:57:56 AM

Ablett (not nearly enough to not pick him) ... Selwood, fyfe, Cotchin

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on February 02, 2015, 12:49:59 PM

Actually Cotchin was hammered by CD last season, against the Swannies he was 105 at 3/4 time and then lost 13 points in the last, he still managed to poll in the Brownlow. He was also scaled down by 2-3 points on several other occasions, he was seemingly punished for Richmond's pathetic start to the year, I think he will benefit in the long run.

I'm taking the punt on Cotch this year, he's dirt cheap and has a nice opening draw, I think he'll average 110.

Mat0369

We are talking about the same guy that CD gave 20 odd points for a 'knock on'?

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 02, 2015, 01:48:14 PM
We are talking about the same guy that CD gave 20 odd points for a 'knock on'?

Last season he was treated like Priddis, he was scaled down in just about every match in the first half of the season. I'm taking the punt this year, reckon he'll be a POD and I like Richmond's draw.

eaglesman

Quote from: Bully on February 02, 2015, 01:42:39 PM

Actually Cotchin was hammered by CD last season, against the Swannies he was 105 at 3/4 time and then lost 13 points in the last, he still managed to poll in the Brownlow. He was also scaled down by 2-3 points on several other occasions, he was seemingly punished for Richmond's pathetic start to the year, I think he will benefit in the long run.

I'm taking the punt on Cotch this year, he's dirt cheap and has a nice opening draw, I think he'll average 110.

I am considering cotchin for my team don't get me wrong ...
But he has been thoroughly favoured by the scaling system in the past

I also think goldy might be impacted by the scaling ... When I finished top 10 my rivals kept getting massive scale ups with goldy it would drive me nuts

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on February 02, 2015, 02:50:43 PM
Quote from: Bully on February 02, 2015, 01:42:39 PM

I am considering cotchin for my team don't get me wrong ...
But he has been thoroughly favoured by the scaling system in the past

I also think goldy might be impacted by the scaling ... When I finished top 10 my rivals kept getting massive scale ups with goldy it would drive me nuts

Cotch has been a CD favourite for many years but he was done very few favours last year, this is part of the reason he only scraped in a 100 point average. I'm backing him in to average 110 this year which will make the original investment worthwhile, his second half of the season was very solid with 6 tons from round 15 onwards.

As for Goldy, it's a tough one, I'm still undecided at this stage. The one thing going for him is he's set and forget, rarely does he miss a match.

lucky

that round 12 bye pisses me off.

ablett
fyfe
pendles
rocky
selwood
parker or JPK
Salone
Heppel or watson

_wato

Ablett
Pendlebury
Fyfe
Selwood
Rockliff

Only 5 I am sure of finishing top 10. The others are a lottery and there's isnt much separating 5-15 really (if you pick the top 10 without wasting trades good luck to you but it won't happen)

If I was to choose the top 15 however it'd consist of the names above plus

Barlow
Sidebottom
JPK
Watson
Sloane
Ward
Beams
Priddis
Cotchin/Danger
Gibbs/Heppell

If you have 10 of the above names in your final mids you'd be very happy with yourself - and with that thinking it allows you to choose an extra POD or two because you won't be missing out on too much (2-3 ppg) and that's got me thinking of guys who most aren't starting with.. Just my opinion however :))

Hoggyz_a_legend

I'll finally have a stab:

Top 5:

Ablett
Pendlebury
Rockliff
Fyfe
Ward

And 5 of:

Selwood
JPK
Priddis
Wines
Heppell
Watson
Sloane
Beams
Barlow
Cotchin

Too bloody hard to pick a top 10. My 5 mids are all there, so I've got a good starting point.

I reckon there will be about 10-15 players avging between 108-117 which you would take at M6-M8.