Main Menu

Top 10 Mids

Started by fasttrack13, January 01, 2015, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Sloanes parents have recently moved to SA i reckon he's staying.  ;)

blue

Pendles
Fyfe
Danger
Ablett
Watson
Lewis
Ward
Rocky
Beams
Barlow

Money Shot

Quote from: Grazz on January 04, 2015, 07:53:29 PM
We will have to settle for Danger then ;)

Grazz

Quote from: Money Shot on January 04, 2015, 08:10:29 PM
Quote from: Grazz on January 04, 2015, 07:53:29 PM
We will have to settle for Danger then ;)

Haha no worries.  :(

meow meow

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 04, 2015, 06:44:34 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 04, 2015, 05:33:01 PM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 04, 2015, 04:54:07 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 04, 2015, 04:48:28 PM
David Swallow will be in the top 10.

Sometimes i don't know if you're serious or trolling MM...?

Says the guy who reckons Durdin will step in to a top 4 team and play 15+ games as a KPP.

Swallow can average 110+ if he fixes a couple of things that are easily fixed. He ticks all the boxes. Everyone seems to think that things will be exactly the same as the year before. Some rise, some fall. There's absolutely no reason why Heppell and those types of players should outscore Swallow.

Said "wouldn't be surprised"... Lol.

Swallow will average 110+ and be a top 10 midfielder... One day. This year maybe. Don't see it yet.
What does he need to fix?

Clangers and his free kick count. 20 less clangers for the year and a positive free kick ratio will do it. Or 1.5 more possessions per game and he'll be there. I'd say Swallow lifting from 23.3 to 25 is a realistic target, much more chance of that happening than Heppell raising his current 28.5 average. Swallow is great in every single other category that matters. I could go through them if you want. Most mids are lacking in one area or another. Heppell for example doesn't hit the scoreboard enough, is too uncontested and doesn't get enough rebound/inside 50's.

fasttrack13

His clangers are just the way he plays. Fast breaks lines, like danger, dusty, gaz... He averages 1 less than them. I just think swallow will take time as he already broke out last year. Same as I think with Heppell also. You look at Libba people went to pick him he only lifted his average by 2 points.

Id be looking at Marc Murphy, first full year with a tag and he started to get used to it averaging 120.3 2nd half of the year taking out his injured last match score... Top 10?

meow meow

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 04, 2015, 09:41:56 PM
His clangers are just the way he plays. Fast breaks lines, like danger, dusty, gaz... He averages 1 less than them. I just think swallow will take time as he already broke out last year. Same as I think with Heppell also. You look at Libba people went to pick him he only lifted his average by 2 points.

Id be looking at Marc Murphy, first full year with a tag and he started to get used to it averaging 120.3 2nd half of the year taking out his injured last match score... Top 10?

They're easily fixed. If he averages 1 less clanger a game and turns that into an effective disposal then that'll see him average 110. Plus he averages more clangers than Danger anyway. Having a differing opinion is okay but don't talk shower.

There's no point just looking at half of Murphy's season since there wasn't a role change or anything. The more data the better. You can look at his 110 unsubbed average but if you just pick and choose which scores you want to include then any player can look good. Matt Boyd averaged 117 before the byes, lock him in?

fasttrack13

Quote from: meow meow on January 04, 2015, 10:01:10 PM

They're easily fixed. If he averages 1 less clanger a game and turns that into an effective disposal then that'll see him average 110. Plus he averages more clangers than Danger anyway. Having a differing opinion is okay but don't talk shower.

There's no point just looking at half of Murphy's season since there wasn't a role change or anything. The more data the better. You can look at his 110 unsubbed average but if you just pick and choose which scores you want to include then any player can look good. Matt Boyd averaged 117 before the byes, lock him in?

The fact Murphy has averaged 118 in a season before and over 110 in 3 other seasons makes it clear he can again . As he started to hit form proving he can break the tag regularly, that 120 consistent average he held steady. His TOG% was actually increased by 7% in that part of the season. So it is relevant. (Talked about it on fox footy coverage of GCS v Carl that I watched the other day)

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 04, 2015, 10:30:18 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 04, 2015, 10:01:10 PM

The fact Murphy has averaged 118 in a season before and over 110 in 3 other seasons makes it clear he can again . As he started to hit form proving he can break the tag regularly, that 120 consistent average he held steady. His TOG% was actually increased by 7% in that part of the season. So it is relevant. (Talked about it on fox footy coverage of GCS v Carl that I watched the other day)

Murphy could well go 115+. The man can play some seriously good footy. Having him the year he went bust hurts a lot though... but maybe Gibbs will attract more attention?

**I'll add that Swallow could well go 110, but with his bye, he's just not a relevant fantasy option.

honza

Good player no doubt. But Carlton had the highest list turnover at the end of 2014. When over 1/4 of the list goes it takes a braver man that me  to make assumptions on roles and gameplan. IMO Murphy's greatest chances of pushing elite averages is if Carlton's performances sink and put it on his shoulders ala Rockliff at Brisbane.

fasttrack13

Quote from: honza on January 05, 2015, 08:41:56 AM
Good player no doubt. But Carlton had the highest list turnover at the end of 2014. When over 1/4 of the list goes it takes a braver man that me  to make assumptions on roles and gameplan. IMO Murphy's greatest chances of pushing elite averages is if Carlton's performances sink and put it on his shoulders ala Rockliff at Brisbane.

Brilliant! ^

Hippo

No Parker?! Avg 120 for the last half of the season and loves a goal and tackle. Natural progression should take him in the top 10 with all the wins the swans will have again. I'll back him in and am expecting another rise in his avg to around 114-117. His progress is much like jelwoods.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Hippo on January 06, 2015, 02:58:46 PM
No Parker?! Avg 120 for the last half of the season and loves a goal and tackle. Natural progression should take him in the top 10 with all the wins the swans will have again. I'll back him in and am expecting another rise in his avg to around 114-117. His progress is much like jelwoods.

I agree, think Parker more than likely Top 10 mid by year end, fighting with JPK to be the #1 scoring Swan mid

Jackross10

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 06, 2015, 03:11:43 PM
Quote from: Hippo on January 06, 2015, 02:58:46 PM

I agree, think Parker more than likely Top 10 mid by year end, fighting with JPK to be the #1 scoring Swan mid

Think he will be there aswell, trying to fit him in, but that round 12 bye is annoying, considering dropping pendles for him though ::) but I need pendles haha :(

RaisyDaisy

Yep his Rd12 bye makes him nearly impossible to start - He will be the perfect upgrade target