Main Menu

Top 10 Mids

Started by fasttrack13, January 01, 2015, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasttrack13

Quote from: meow meow on January 02, 2015, 02:37:09 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 02, 2015, 02:21:21 PM
Are you starting him Meow?

Nope. I've only got 3 premo mids and I have loaded my team with midpricers because I think people are being way too optimistic about the amount of playing rookies and when round 1 rolls around they'll be in for a rude surprise.

I hear people say that every year. And every year they're proven wrong!

Goosey

Mid pricers don't make you any money, if you want to make cash and finish your team of premiums you must start some rookies, and there should be enough going around to run a proper Guns and Rookies midfield.

The only mid pricer, if you can call him that, that I am looking at is Dane Swan. Keeping an eye on Waters, Whitecross, Van Berlo, M.Clark, but the rest is basically a guns and rookies set up.

meow meow

Quote from: Goosey on January 03, 2015, 03:34:08 PM
Mid pricers don't make you any money, if you want to make cash and finish your team of premiums you must start some rookies, and there should be enough going around to run a proper Guns and Rookies midfield.

Not true. Started Dusty in his 2nd year coming off a 78 average, and he gave me 106 ppw while I had him. In 2013 I started with Libba (83) and Cooney (75) instead of a G&R, both averaged 100 while I had them and both were able to be upgraded by downgrading one bench rookie. Did finish 506th and also got a weekly win that year (thanks Griff, you cow). Started Macrae last year and basically sideways traded him to a premo. There's plenty of money to be made with mid pricers.

meow meow

A premo priced at 115 + a rookie priced at 25 is the same cost as two players with a 70 average. If the premo averages 115 again and the rook gives you 65, that's 180ppw, and a price rise of 40. If the two 70 costing players average 95 then you make more money (+50) and you also score 10ppw more, with added JS to boot.

Goosey

Quote from: meow meow on January 03, 2015, 03:45:16 PM

Not true. Started Dusty in his 2nd year coming off a 78 average, and he gave me 106 ppw while I had him. In 2013 I started with Libba (83) and Cooney (75) instead of a G&R, both averaged 100 while I had them and both were able to be upgraded by downgrading one bench rookie. Did finish 506th and also got a weekly win that year (thanks Griff, you cow). Started Macrae last year and basically sideways traded him to a premo. There's plenty of money to be made with mid pricers.

Well played to you MM, but I reckon banking cash from a glut of rookies is easier than trying to pick the break out mid pricer!

Each to their own!

Good luck man!

Couple of years ago, just for fun and out of curiosity, I created a second team full of all mid pricers and it was an epic fail, I guess I am basing my opinion on this failed exercise.

If you are lucky enough to jag a mid pricer that makes the cut and doesn't require upgrading that's fine, but if in the end he needs upgrading to a premium you've not made as much cash but then again you've probably gained more points...

meow meow

Quote from: Goosey on January 03, 2015, 03:55:50 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 03, 2015, 03:45:16 PM

Well played to you MM, but I reckon banking cash from a glut of rookies is easier than trying to pick the break out mid pricer!

Each to their own!

Good luck man!

Couple of years ago, just for fun and out of curiosity, I created a second team full of all mid pricers and it was an epic fail, I guess I am basing my opinion on this failed exercise.

If you are lucky enough to jag a mid pricer that makes the cut and doesn't require upgrading that's fine, but if in the end he needs upgrading to a premium you've not made as much cash but then again you've probably gained more points...

The downside is that it costs you 3 trades to upgrade both players, while a GNR only costs 2. You also have to be able to pick the right breakout players. Then Liam Shiels goes and gets himself injured.

JBs-Hawks

Starting Will Langford MM? :P

honza

Fyfe
Selwood
Rockliff
Ablett
Beams
Sidebottom
Treloar
Pendles
Heppell*
Sloan
Duncan

meow meow

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 03, 2015, 04:04:43 PM
Starting Will Langford MM? :P

4 (former?) taggers are worth looking at. Langford, Wallis, Scooter and Whiley. Plenty of other options at that price range too. Langford isn't in my team at the moment though.

fasttrack13

Mid-Price strategy is pure luck, if you're lucky as you say it will run out one year.

meow meow

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 03, 2015, 05:43:31 PM
Mid-Price strategy is pure luck, if you're lucky as you say it will run out one year.

Yep, pure luck. TBH I just hit auto-select and cross my fingers.

WizzFizz

Shiels
Savage
Gaff
Thomas
Hickey
Longer
Caddy
Wright
Merret
Grundy
Bhill

all flops

AaronKirk

1. Fyfe
2. Ablett
3. Rocky
4. Selwood
5. Pendles
6. JPK
7. Sloane
8. Heppell
9. D.Beams
10. Watson

meow meow

Quote from: WizzFizz on January 03, 2015, 06:53:02 PM

Shiels
Savage
Gaff
Thomas
Hickey
Longer
Caddy
Wright
Merret
Grundy
Bhill

all flops

Caddy sucked me in, I'll admit that. I only started Shiels out of the rest of them, and he was only a flop because he got injured. Brad Hill wasn't a flop either. He was the perfect mid pricer. You might see that he raised his average from 59 to 75 and think it's no good, but in the first 7 rounds he averaged 97.8 and that's why you pick them, to trade them to a premo while other people are still waiting for their cows to fatten.

Doggoneit

Rocky
Gaz
Fyfe
Pendles
Jelwood
JPK
Sloane
Beams
Libba
Heppell