Main Menu

Top 10 Mids

Started by fasttrack13, January 01, 2015, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasttrack13

Quote from: strikes91 on February 02, 2015, 10:37:02 PM
Bonus points scaling ?
Multiplier was x4 in big moments eg; last 10 mins of last quarter when game is less than 10pts. It's now x2

Sabretooth Tigers

:)
For now

my top ten may be :-

Gazza
Selwood
Fyfe
Pendlebury
Rockliff
Kennedy
Parker
Ward
Gray
Prestia

In any order after no.1. Gazza is still the man, wonder what his Brownlow price is ??    Cheers.     8)

strikes91

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 07, 2015, 05:46:12 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on February 02, 2015, 10:37:02 PM
Bonus points scaling ?
Multiplier was x4 in big moments eg; last 10 mins of last quarter when game is less than 10pts. It's now x2

So they ship out more points during the earlier parts of the game ?

honza

Quote from: strikes91 on February 07, 2015, 11:33:25 PM

So they ship out more points during the earlier parts of the game ?
Myth. All points awarded in all parts of the game are subject to moderation. Rather than trying to model the effects on 44 players it's more worthwhile focusing on individual players who have benefited from clutch time points in previous seasons and treating some of the points as "risky" for this season.

frenzy

hard to see them finish any differently from 2014 season.

Ablett
Rocky
Pendles
Fyfe
Jelwood
Beams
Sloane
JPK
Sidey
Priddis

lucky

have people seriously forgotten about dangerfeild though?, we have payed 600K+ before for this guy. Surely there is a good chance for him to make the top 10?

EDIT: I forgot to read the discussion in this thread prior to my comment and that this point has already been made.

_wato

Quote from: lucky on February 11, 2015, 07:46:56 PM
have people seriously forgotten about dangerfeild though?, we have payed 600K+ before for this guy. Surely there is a good chance for him to make the top 10?

People are nervous about his contract situation mate, and the fact that he might get tagged quite heavily once again this year because everybody knows how good he is when he's fit. In saying that, I will be starting with him and fully expect him to average 110+ this year, and relive the days of 150+ scoring every few weeks (hopefully), and I also do see him finishing top 15 which is good enough for me

timtim

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on February 07, 2015, 10:05:48 PM
For now

my top ten may be :-

Gazza
Selwood
Fyfe
Pendlebury
Rockliff
Kennedy
Parker
Ward
Gray
Prestia

In any order after no.1. Gazza is still the man, wonder what his Brownlow price is ??    Cheers.     8)

Sshhhh on prestia

MC

Ok so I did some tallying of selections throughout the thread (excluding the GWS post, sorry!):

Pendles: 34
Selwood: 34
GAJ: 33
Fyfe: 33
Rocky: 32
JPK: 31
Ward: 26
Beams: 23
Watson: 18
Sloane: 14

------------------

Barlow: 10
Heppell: 9
Sidebottom: 6
Priddis: 5
Libba: 5
Danger: 4
Cotchin: 3
Parker: 3
Murphy: 3
Jack: 2
Hannebury: 2
Wines: 2
Greene: 2

The rest got 1 mention:
Crouch, Omeara, Griffen, Gibbs, Lewis, Duncan, Treloar, N Jones, Mundy, Prestia, Gray

Jackross10

Thanks and well done MC.

I think the first 7/8 are very good chances. But then from Watson and below I think it's open. I reckon 9/10 is out of Murphy/Danger/Barlow and Parker. Don't think Sloane or Jobe will be top 10

timtim

Thought it might be interesting to look back at last year's prediction:

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,91073.msg1442707.html#msg1442707

Results: - numbers in the brackets are the original predictions

1   Gary Ablett ( 2 )
2   Tom Rockliff ( 5 )
3   Scott Pendlebury ( 1 )
4   Nathan Fyfe ( 8 )
5   Joel Selwood ( 4 )
6   Dayne Beams ( 3 )
7   Rory Sloane ( 14 )
8   Josh Kennedy ( 9 )
9   Steele Sidebottom (na)
10   Callan Ward (na)

Overall we got 7 out of 10... not bad. But Sloane, Sidebum and Ward were the real surprise packages!

MC

It happens every year, rucks most noticeably but in all positions there are a core group of players that retain their top-in-position status but then about 30-40% are new to the top, or returning to the top. Haven't got the data in front of me at the moment though. From the findings I would say that 6 of the top 10 mids might retain their spot, with 3 or 4 new entries. Dangerfield would classify as a 'returning' top-10 for example if he pulled it off, as was Beams last year.

Ricochet

Which is why I'm starting Rocky GAJ Pendles and Jelwood. I know they will be top 10

MC

Quote from: Ricochet on February 13, 2015, 09:28:00 AM
Which is why I'm starting Rocky GAJ Pendles and Jelwood. I know they will be top 10

Fair chunk of cash though - 25% of it? More?
I'm going with 2-3 'super' prems, a couple of lower priced ones/breakout potential + rookies. So 5 prems, rest rookies in total. Players like Danger who are underpriced but should jump up to 110+ comfortably.
All about the value!

Ricochet

Quote from: MC on February 13, 2015, 11:35:31 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 13, 2015, 09:28:00 AM

Fair chunk of cash though - 25% of it? More?
I'm going with 2-3 'super' prems, a couple of lower priced ones/breakout potential + rookies. So 5 prems, rest rookies in total. Players like Danger who are underpriced but should jump up to 110+ comfortably.
All about the value!
Yep but happy to pay it because I know they'll be 4x 120+ mids