Back to basics. Creek 2015.

Started by creeker, December 31, 2014, 10:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

Quote from: creeker on January 11, 2015, 08:55:27 PM
Quote from: ben_020285 on January 11, 2015, 11:38:22 AM
Your team looks strong and all your premo picks are good but I think you're in two minds for a reason. Ruck cover is absolutely essential this year so try and squeeze TBC in there if you can mate.

Cheers Ben_020285.
Always good to get feedback from Supercoach royalty. 54th overall in 2014, 26th overall in 2013. You have the runs on the board.
Think my issue with the ruck cover is. Last year I started with Sauce, Sandi, Currie and Thurlow. Thought I needed cover for Sandi so I also started Hale (F4) in the forwards. Hale's scores started with 89, 58, 111, 56, 78, 105, 60, 69, 51, 31, 56, 50.
At this point Stef Martin turned up and I swapped him straight in. Hale's average at this point was 67.8, (doing my head in).
Hale's starting price was 449k. Wanted to go with Parker at 468k but thought ruck cover was more important.
The other issue I have is, TBC is just as injury prone as Lewy, and as a Bomber supporter, I just can't see TBC getting big scores with the new ruck rules. I rate Hale better than TBC.
Still confused but I believe Swan at f4 will score much better than TBC at f4.
Thinking it may be better to allow a few trades in the ruck this year and just hope that Leuenberger has made us 120k before we have to use the trades.
My ruck issues continue.

Thanks for your reply Ben.
BTW. Would enjoy the challenge of being in a league with you at some point. If you happened to have a spare league up your sleeve this year, jump on to FF's ELITE MEMBERS. Could be fun.

Thanks for the kind words mate.

I can completely see where you're coming from and I too wish there were better RUC/FWD options than TBC.

I think it will almost be a 50/50 split of coaches that choose to go with TBC and those that don't. I guess if you don't you need to be prepared to burn through trades if one of your chosen ruckmen go down. If you're ok with that then go for it. Personally I value trades like they're gold.

I guess the only other thing we could pray for is a rookie ruck that is named round 1 that we can slot into R3 but at this stage it looks very unlikely.

Cheers for the invite to the FF Elite league. I am more of a cash league man but if I do have room for a spare league then I'll get on board for sure!

creeker

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 11, 2015, 09:52:38 PM
Your team looks strong and all your premo picks are good but I think you're in two minds for a reason. Ruck cover is absolutely essential this year so try and squeeze TBC in there if you can mate.

Cheers Ben_020285.
Always good to get feedback from Supercoach royalty. 54th overall in 2014, 26th overall in 2013. You have the runs on the board.
Think my issue with the ruck cover is. Last year I started with Sauce, Sandi, Currie and Thurlow. Thought I needed cover for Sandi so I also started Hale (F4) in the forwards. Hale's scores started with 89, 58, 111, 56, 78, 105, 60, 69, 51, 31, 56, 50.
At this point Stef Martin turned up and I swapped him straight in. Hale's average at this point was 67.8, (doing my head in).
Hale's starting price was 449k. Wanted to go with Parker at 468k but thought ruck cover was more important.
The other issue I have is, TBC is just as injury prone as Lewy, and as a Bomber supporter, I just can't see TBC getting big scores with the new ruck rules. I rate Hale better than TBC.
Thinking it may be better to allow a few trades in the ruck this year and just hope that Leuenberger has made us 120k before we have to use the trades.
My ruck issues continue.

BTW. Would enjoy the challenge of being in a league with you at some point. If you happened to have a spare league up your sleeve this year, jump on to FF's ELITE MEMBERS. Could be fun.

I can completely see where you're coming from and I too wish there were better RUC/FWD options than TBC.

I think it will almost be a 50/50 split of coaches that choose to go with TBC and those that don't. I guess if you don't you need to be prepared to burn through trades if one of your chosen ruckmen go down. If you're ok with that then go for it. Personally I value trades like they're gold.

I guess the only other thing we could pray for is a rookie ruck that is named round 1 that we can slot into R3 but at this stage it looks very unlikely.

Cheers for the invite to the FF Elite league. I am more of a cash league man but if I do have room for a spare league then I'll get on board for sure!

Just a little more of a follow up with the ruck cover.
Started with Hale, 814 points until I traded him out. Ave 67.8. 449k to 293k = -156k.
If I had of started with Parker, 1305 points to the same stage. Ave 100.4. 468k to 485k = +17k
Total is 491 points and 149k just in one move by being stubborn wanting ruck cover.

While I know this year will be different with only 1 ruck emg. Geez I got burnt  last year chasing cover.
That 491 points would of seen me sneak in for a top 10 overall placing.

Oh, "More of a cash league man", ha ha. Can't blame you. You would smash it.

Money Shot

Back to your team ;)
Very strong team although I do think you do need ruck covers especially with Leuy and Nic Nat are somewhat injury prone.
Would love your thoughts on my team.

Samm79

Quote from: creeker on January 05, 2015, 09:32:10 PM
Quote from: Samm79 on January 05, 2015, 08:57:49 PM
Hello there sir,

You always finish higher than me so take this advice with a grain of salt....

What was white and black, is now brown and orange, averages 18.5 seasons over the past 9, and almost certain to implode at some stage?

I don't like him or the backline in general. While it is a value line, this is a line riddled with players that miss. It screams donuts and trades... A few more players that play 22 would be a recommendation.

Would also apply this to the rucks, I think Minson will improve 10ppg under a new coach and him and Goldy for me are a good compromise between value and durability..

Aside from that, hard to fault sir, may be Goddard in the forward line??

Cheers Samm79.
Question should of been, What was black and white, is now brown and orange, averages 18.5 games over the past 9, (LIKES A PUNT) and almost certain to implode at some stage.
You do make a very good point. Advice taken on board. Have been burnt by Shaw before
Not yet on the Newnes train - will monitor. Not sure if he will be last years Swallow or last years Webster.
Happy enough with Hibberd and Hurn. Like the way they go about it.
Keeping an eye on a few other defenders but geez, she's slim pickins this year.
Thanks for the reply !

You are right regarding my attempted joke... Need to reread my posts!

Like the new team a lot. Am with Ben though on ruck coverage, especially with your rucks. I think it's less important with the Goldstiens and Minsons who really don't miss games, but with guys who have a history of missing I'd be reconsidering my selections or working cover into the forwards...

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: creeker on January 11, 2015, 10:01:47 AM
Ok, last team for awhile guys.
Have been sitting on this team for a few weeks and thought I would share.

B Smith, M Hibberd, G Birchall, S Hurn, B Waters, S Edwards.
( E Vickers-Willis, N Newman.)

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, R Sloane, P Dangerfield, B Deledio, I Heeney, A Vandenberg, N Freeman.
(J Steele, D Cavka, K Lambert.)

N Naitanui, M Leuenberger. ( T Read.)

B Goddard, L Franklin, D Martin, D Swan, M Clark, J Hogan.
(D Menzel, C Daniel.)

Bye structure 9/10/11. 14k to mess around with.

Happy enough with this structure. Fair blend of keepers over all lines with a few pods thrown in.
Lids again named in the guts but will drop into the forward line when rookies mature.
No TBC for ruck cover with this team in which I'm still in two minds about.
Thoughts welcomed.

A great defence there! Nice and safe, runs deep, certainly avoids the huge mid-priced risks that so many are taking.

Not sure about Sloane AND Danger. Would be inclined to go Sloane to Kennedy/Barlow/Ward, think all have greater upside and can go 115+. Don't think Sloane can.

With Naitanui and Leuey, I think you'll certainly need some cover there. You wont get 44 games out of those 2, can guarantee that. You're really banking on Leuey to not get rested until late in the season after he's been traded, but that's not a risk I would take.

enzedder

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 11, 2015, 09:52:38 PM

Cheers Ben_020285.
My ruck issues continue.

I'm currently set up with Lycett as F4 at a cost of over 400k as I don't like TBC as an option.
Lycett played 12 games in his 4th season in 2014, including the last the last 5 of the year/ 9 of the last 11 and will likely be R2 with Natanui. Should Natanui gets injured I'd say he'll be R1. Last 9 scores in 2014 were 104, 89, 92, 117, 68, 98, 45, 95, 108...90.6 average excluding his scores earlier in the year (R4 53, R6 42, R7 23) which reduce that average to 77. 7 of those last 9 scores are great reading for F4 in my opinion who also provides good ruck cover, especially if one of your two rucks is Nic Nat!

creeker

A big shout out to Ben_020285, Money Shot, Samm79, H1bb3i2d and Enzedder.
Looks as though I need ruck cover. lol.

Have put together a team with TBC at f5. Don't want him taking up the valuable f4 spot.
Had to go B Smith to Ibbo, Danger to Griff, then Menzel to TBC.

M Hibberd, G Birchall, S Hurn, G Ibbotson, B Waters, E Vickers-Willis.
(D Viojo-Rainbow, N Newman.)

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, R Sloane, B Deledio, R Griffin, J Anderson, I Heeney, N Freeman.
(A Vandenberg, J Steele, K Lambert.)

N Naitanui, M Leuenberger. (T Read.)

B Goddard, L Franklin, D Martin, D Swan, T Bellchambers, M Clark.
(J Hogan, C Daniel.)

Bye structure. 9/11/10. 15k in the kitty.

Not as happy with the structure, but I do now have the ruck cover.
Smith to Ibbo - happy enough with this one, Freo had defence injury's last year and Ibbo was forced to play on talls. Back to his usual role and he should improve his scores.
Danger to Griff - not sure on this one. Griff played with injury last year and wasn't to keen on his coach. A full preseason and Griff could get back to his big scores. Worth a punt.

Money Shot

This team is great now.
Would sit on it till the nab cup.

Would love your thoughts on my new one.

creeker

Two teams for future reference,

Team 1.
K Simpson, M Hibberd, G Birchall, S Hurn, B Waters, H Goddard.
(B Maynard, D McKenzie.)

G Ablett, T Rockliff, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, N Van Berlo, S Biggs, I Heeney, B Boekhorst.
(A Vandenberg, N Freeman, N Krakouer.)

B Deledio, B Goddard, D Martin, D Swan, M Clark, J Hogan.
(J Steele, C Daniel.)

Managed to squeeze the big 4 into the mids - rest of the squad seems pretty vanilla. 32k.

Team 2.
M Hibberd, G Birchall, S Hurn, G Ibbotson, B Waters, B Whitecross.
(B Maynard, D McKenzie.)

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, R Sloane, J Anderson, I Heeney, B Boekhorst, N Freeman.
(A Vandenberg, N Krakouer, K Lambert.)

B Deledio, B Goddard, D Martin, H Bennell, D Swan, M Clark.
(J Hogan, C Daniel.)

The D6 position worries me as I need back up if no defensive rookies play round 1. If one of the rookies are named in round 1, there is no guarantee that they will be still there by round 3 or 4. Naming Whitecross at D6 gives me some flexability to change it around a little, ( Z Jones.)
Mids a little weaker but can swing Lids or Swanny in and play Hogan off the bench in the forward line.

Thought and ideas welcomed !

fasttrack13

Team 1 gets the biscuit here, 5 forward guns probably doesn't work in the favour of the defence

ben_020285

Yeah team 1 looks the goods to me too. I'm in favour of strengthening the defence rather than the forwards with the apparent lack of defence rookies this year.

I like the look of each of your lines with regards to both the structure and your picks.

Nice work, Pete!

creeker

Cheers FT and Ben.
Agree about team 1, however starting to get cold feet about Rocky. He is a out and out gun but is sure to lose some value early.
I read where Rowsus said if Rocky scored 125 points every week to round 12, his value would drop from 734k to 627k. His B/E would still be 134.
Thinking Rocky to Sloane then upgrading the D6.
Still early days, plenty of time to get things right.

creeker

Been awhile since I've posted a team.
Just adding this one for reference for later on.
Thoughts welcomed.

S Burgoyne, J Kelly, J Newnes, H Lumumba, C Pearce, J Hamling.
(N Brown, K McIntosh.)

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, P Dangerfield, D Swan, J Steven, J Anderson, N Freeman.
(I Heeney, A Vandenberg, K Lambert.)

N Naitanui, M Leuenberger. (R O'Brien.)

J Bartel, B Goddard, D Martin, C Salem, M Clark, J Hogan.
(J Steele, C Daniel.)

12.7k remaining.
Depending on the outcome of Essendon's saga.
Burgoyne will become Hibberd.
Leuenberger will become TBC.
Goddard will Robbie Gray.

Ringo

Just personal do not like Swan in mids but your choice.  Think you would be better starting Swan forwards and getting another Mid.

Also concerned slightly with both rucks as if they miss a week or two which is a distinct possibility you only have O'brien has cover and hopefully he will play but a lot resting on that.

AaronKirk

Make Leuey a premo. No chance at all I would start him without forward cover. Better just to upgrade him to a premo.

Personally  I would downgrade Steven to a rookie to upgrade Leuey to a premo.

Cannot say that I am a fan of Burgoyne, probably goes at 85 at best for the season IMO- is this good enough for D1?

Like Ringo not a big fan of starting Swan in the mids but still a pretty decent platform to work with.