Back to basics. Creek 2015.

Started by creeker, December 31, 2014, 10:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creeker

I TINKER WAY TO MUCH WITH TEAMS !!!!!

Feel free to comment on this team but it is here more as a reference for me. Early days yet but I will monitor how some of these guys pre seasons go before I lock them in. Will look back on it as the season draws closer.

H Shaw, M Hibberd, S Hurn, B Waters, B Whitecross. S Edwards.
(D Viojo-Rainbow, N Newman.)

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, R Sloane, P Dangerfield, I Heeney, B Boekhorst, A Vandenberg.
(N Freeman, J Steele, K Lambert.)

N Naitanui, M Leuenberger. (M Cox.)

R Gray, B Deledio, D Swan, T Mitchell, M Walters, M Clark.
(J Hogan, C Daniel.)

9/11/10 bye structure. Budget stuffed, $100 bucks left over.

Most forward lines are looking to similar so have tried to mix it up a little.
While putting this team together yesterday, there was a replay of the Swans v Port game on tele. Gray was everywhere and it just reminded me of how much I need him in my team.
T Mitchell will be a major watch. A full injury free pre season, we know what he is capable of.
Gone back to Walters over TBC. Just believe he will score much better.

Samm79

Hello there sir,

You always finish higher than me so take this advice with a grain of salt....

What was white and black, is now brown and orange, averages 18.5 seasons over the past 9, and almost certain to implode at some stage?

I don't like him or the backline in general. While it is a value line, this is a line riddled with players that miss. It screams donuts and trades... A few more players that play 22 would be a recommendation.

Would also apply this to the rucks, I think Minson will improve 10ppg under a new coach and him and Goldy for me are a good compromise between value and durability..

Aside from that, hard to fault sir, may be Goddard in the forward line??

Money Shot

Quote from: Samm79 on January 05, 2015, 08:57:49 PM
Hello there sir,

What was white and black, is now brown and orange, averages 18.5 seasons over the past 9, and almost certain to implode at some stage?

I don't like him or the backline in general. While it is a value line, this is a line riddled with players that miss. It screams donuts and trades... A few more players that play 22 would be a recommendation.

Would also apply this to the rucks, I think Minson will improve 10ppg under a new coach and him and Goldy for me are a good compromise between value and durability..

This guy has a point with the back line.

Rucks are great value so would stick with them but I don't see any of them playing more that 20 games to be honest.

creeker

Quote from: Samm79 on January 05, 2015, 08:57:49 PM
Hello there sir,

Cheers Samm79.
Question should of been, What was black and white, is now brown and orange, averages 18.5 games over the past 9, (LIKES A PUNT) and almost certain to implode at some stage.
You do make a very good point. Advice taken on board. Have been burnt by Shaw before
Not yet on the Newnes train - will monitor. Not sure if he will be last years Swallow or last years Webster.
Happy enough with Hibberd and Hurn. Like the way they go about it.
Keeping an eye on a few other defenders but geez, she's slim pickins this year.
Thanks for the reply !

fasttrack13

Quote from: creeker on January 05, 2015, 07:31:18 PM

Feel free to comment on this team but it is here more as a reference for me. Early days yet but I will monitor how some of these guys pre seasons go before I lock them in. Will look back on it as the season draws closer.

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, R Sloane, P Dangerfield, I Heeney, B Boekhorst, A Vandenberg.

(J Hogan, C Daniel.)

Really nice defence. Midfield is top class. Sloane i'd switch though. JPK...
Rucks are good id say you need cover for them though.
Downgrade walters>belly. Then you can go sloane to fyfe

creeker

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 07, 2015, 01:06:10 PM
Quote from: creeker on January 05, 2015, 07:31:18 PM

(J Hogan, C Daniel.)

Really nice defence. Midfield is top class. Sloane i'd switch though. JPK...
Rucks are good id say you need cover for them though.
Downgrade walters>belly. Then you can go sloane to fyfe
[/quote

Thanks for your comment Fasttrack13.
In two minds about Belly but I guess it is the safer option. Honestly don't think he will score big but very handy for ruck late outs.
Think I have to address the backline a little, there is some risks there.
Working on another team at the moment to get Rocky in and bolster the defence. Will post shortly.
Thanks again mate !

fasttrack13

Lycett/Zac Clarke maybe... idk with leuy/krooz potentially need it...

creeker

Another team for a reference for later on.

B Smith, M Hibberd, G Birchall, B Waters, B Whitecross, S Edwards.
(E Vickers-Willis, N Newman.)

G Ablett, T Rockliff, S Pendlebury, P Dangerfield, B Deledio, I Heeney, B Boekhorst, A Vandenberg.

B Goddard, L Franklin, D Martin, D Swan, T Bellchambers, M Clark.
(J Hogan, C Daniel.)

Bye structure. 11/12/7. not ideal ! 4k banked.

Smith and Birchall a little more reliable than Shaw and Hurn, (missing games wise.)
Keep hearing conflicting reports about Whitecross. Some saying he will come back through the two's, others saying he's right to go. Will monitor his pre season.
Mids came down to Rocky and Danger V Selwood and Sloane. Rocky and Danger in at this stage.
Lids named in the guts but will drop into the forwards when rookies moo.
TBC back in at the moment.

Ringo

Just a note for you creeker.  When revising team look at Read for you ruck DPP has more later games than Cox to cover late outs for you.

Like the Structure although Rocky imo will lose cash early. 

creeker

Quote from: Ringo on January 07, 2015, 04:25:27 PM
Just a note for you creeker.  When revising team look at Read for you ruck DPP has more later games than Cox to cover late outs for you.

Thanks Ringo.
Agree about Read but believe it or not, I didn't have enough cash for him with this team. Will fit him in though.
With Rocky, his scores in his last 8 games were. 158, 126, 141, 175, 113, 158, 137, 170.
He averaged 139 after rnd 6 and 147 after round 13.(Thanks to Rowsus for those stats)
Think Rocky will be a pod at the start of the season and for good reason. Top dollars. He will probably lose cash early but if he gets off to a good start he will be the perfect C/VC loophole choice.
Could be a make or break decision to start with Rocky.
Thanks for the feedback Ringo.

crowls

Quote from: creeker on January 07, 2015, 04:49:58 PM
Quote from: Ringo on January 07, 2015, 04:25:27 PM

Thanks Ringo.
Agree about Read but believe it or not, I didn't have enough cash for him with this team. Will fit him in though.
With Rocky, his scores in his last 8 games were. 158, 126, 141, 175, 113, 158, 137, 170.
He averaged 139 after rnd 6 and 147 after round 13.(Thanks to Rowsus for those stats)
Think Rocky will be a pod at the start of the season and for good reason. Top dollars. He will probably lose cash early but if he gets off to a good start he will be the perfect C/VC loophole choice.
Could be a make or break decision to start with Rocky.
Thanks for the feedback Ringo.
excellent points on benefits of rocky.   it is hard to cough up the cash though

Money Shot

Quote from: creeker on January 07, 2015, 03:35:52 PM
Another team for a reference for later on.

B Smith, M Hibberd, G Birchall, B Waters, B Whitecross, S Edwards.
(E Vickers-Willis, N Newman.)

G Ablett, T Rockliff, S Pendlebury, P Dangerfield, B Deledio, I Heeney, B Boekhorst, A Vandenberg.

B Goddard, L Franklin, D Martin, D Swan, T Bellchambers, M Clark.
(J Hogan, C Daniel.)

Bye structure. 11/12/7. not ideal ! 4k banked.

Smith and Birchall a little more reliable than Shaw and Hurn, (missing games wise.)
Keep hearing conflicting reports about Whitecross. Some saying he will come back through the two's, others saying he's right to go. Will monitor his pre season.
Mids came down to Rocky and Danger V Selwood and Sloane. Rocky and Danger in at this stage.
Lids named in the guts but will drop into the forwards when rookies moo.
TBC back in at the moment.
very good team cant really fault it.
With Lids moves into that forward line you will almost have a forward line keepers :o
great side would love your thoughts on mine.

creeker

Ok, last team for awhile guys.
Have been sitting on this team for a few weeks and thought I would share.

B Smith, M Hibberd, G Birchall, S Hurn, B Waters, S Edwards.
( E Vickers-Willis, N Newman.)

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, R Sloane, P Dangerfield, B Deledio, I Heeney, A Vandenberg, N Freeman.
(J Steele, D Cavka, K Lambert.)

N Naitanui, M Leuenberger. ( T Read.)

B Goddard, L Franklin, D Martin, D Swan, M Clark, J Hogan.
(D Menzel, C Daniel.)

Bye structure 9/10/11. 14k to mess around with.

Happy enough with this structure. Fair blend of keepers over all lines with a few pods thrown in.
Lids again named in the guts but will drop into the forward line when rookies mature.
No TBC for ruck cover with this team in which I'm still in two minds about.
Thoughts welcomed.

ben_020285

Your team looks strong and all your premo picks are good but I think you're in two minds for a reason. Ruck cover is absolutely essential this year so try and squeeze TBC in there if you can mate.

creeker

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 11, 2015, 11:38:22 AM
Your team looks strong and all your premo picks are good but I think you're in two minds for a reason. Ruck cover is absolutely essential this year so try and squeeze TBC in there if you can mate.

Cheers Ben_020285.
Always good to get feedback from Supercoach royalty. 54th overall in 2014, 26th overall in 2013. You have the runs on the board.
Think my issue with the ruck cover is. Last year I started with Sauce, Sandi, Currie and Thurlow. Thought I needed cover for Sandi so I also started Hale (F4) in the forwards. Hale's scores started with 89, 58, 111, 56, 78, 105, 60, 69, 51, 31, 56, 50.
At this point Stef Martin turned up and I swapped him straight in. Hale's average at this point was 67.8, (doing my head in).
Hale's starting price was 449k. Wanted to go with Parker at 468k but thought ruck cover was more important.
The other issue I have is, TBC is just as injury prone as Lewy, and as a Bomber supporter, I just can't see TBC getting big scores with the new ruck rules. I rate Hale better than TBC.
Still confused but I believe Swan at f4 will score much better than TBC at f4.
Thinking it may be better to allow a few trades in the ruck this year and just hope that Leuenberger has made us 120k before we have to use the trades.
My ruck issues continue.

Thanks for your reply Ben.
BTW. Would enjoy the challenge of being in a league with you at some point. If you happened to have a spare league up your sleeve this year, jump on to FF's ELITE MEMBERS. Could be fun.