Back to basics. Creek 2015.

Started by creeker, December 31, 2014, 10:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creeker

After messing around with many teams and trying to get to clever, I've decided to go back to a basic structure.

B Smith, H Shaw, M Hibberd, B Waters, B Whitecross, S Edwards.
(K McIntosh, N Newman.)

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, R Sloane, R Griffin, S Biggs, I Heeney, B Boekhorst.
(A Vandenberg, N Freeman, J Steele m/f.)

N Naitanui, M Leuenberger. (M Cox r/f.)

R Gray, B Deledio, B Goddard, D Swan, M Clark, J Hogan.
(D Menzel, C Daniel.)

9.10.11 bye structure, 4k in the kitty.
Not to worried about ruck cover at this stage as I can't see TBC racking up huge scores. If Nic Nat or Lewy go down, I'll just trade in another ruck. Hopefully Lewy can make 100k before that happens.
Could raise more funds by going Gray to Dusty/Buddy but will leave it at this stage.

Advice and comments welcomed.
Thanks in advance !

fasttrack13

Gray should average around 110 again so that's s good pick. Downgrading to buddy wouldn't do much harm.
Whitecross can he force his way into the 22? Waters only ever being fantasy relevant for 2 years, he could pull out 65-70 average
Midfield is rock solid I'm not sure on Sloane there are better options around his price. Still average 110-115 as a pod and you'd take that.

Good start Mate

Money Shot

Quote from: creeker on December 31, 2014, 10:40:25 AM
After messing around with many teams and trying to get to clever, I've decided to go back to a basic structure.

B Smith, H Shaw, M Hibberd, B Waters, B Whitecross, S Edwards.
(K McIntosh, N Newman.)

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, R Sloane, R Griffin, S Biggs, I Heeney, B Boekhorst.

N Naitanui, M Leuenberger. (M Cox r/f.)

R Gray, B Deledio, B Goddard, D Swan, M Clark, J Hogan.
(D Menzel, C Daniel.)

9.10.11 bye structure, 4k in the kitty.
Not to worried about ruck cover at this stage as I can't see TBC racking up huge scores. If Nic Nat or Lewy go down, I'll just trade in another ruck. Hopefully Lewy can make 100k before that happens.
Could raise more funds by going Gray to Dusty/Buddy but will leave it at this stage.

Advice and comments welcomed.
Thanks in advance !

Very good team if you are happy with the no ruck cover. I see where you are coming from.
I actually disagree with FT as I think Whitex and Waters are great picks (at the moment) and I also love Sloane and he is in my top 6-7 midfielders that im considering and just didn't make the cut for me.

Gray is over priced but still will be the top forward this year and I don't really see what you would do with the extra cash so I am happy with you to have him.

Maybe you could upgrade Griffen to someone but I don't think it would really make much difference as Martin/Kennedy and Gray/Griffen will score close to the same.

Ringo

Nice Structure Creeker.

Like most probably hoping a rookie ruck starts playing early and our problems will be solved.

You have options if Waters or Whitecross do not start but at their prices and what they are capable of hard to ignore for the cash gains. Could develop into keepers as well.

Gray as been said a little overpriced but will still be in Top 10 forwrads so if not using cash gainfully elsewhere no need to downgrade.  great to have that option up your sleeve for later though when trying to sort rookies.

Only real issue for those going the 5 prem/6 rookies structure is selecting the right rookies up front to ensure you have 3 playing each week.  Nail that and you are set.

creeker

Sound advice from the above comments - many thanks.

This ruck issue is doing my head in, so in usual form, I do my best work while hung over from a big New Years Eve.
Have come up with a new theory which requires a playing F7. The problem with playing Bellchambers in the forward line is if Ess play early, then there is late out in the rucks later in the weekend, his score is already locked in, we can't swap him into the rucks so even though we have ruck cover, we still cop a donut.

Had to have a little re shuffle of the team to make it happen.

B Smith, M Hibberd, G Ibbotson, B Waters, B Whitecross, S Edwards.
(K McIntosh, N Newman.)

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, R Sloane, R Griffin, N Van Berlo, I Heeney, B Boekhorst.

N Naitanui, M Leuenberger. (T Bellchambers r/f)

B Deledio, B Goddard, D Martin, D Swan, M Clark, J Hogan.
(C Daniel, T Read r/f.)

Seems to be big money sitting on the ruck bench but when we are paying 302k for TBC, he only has to rack up 56 points each game to break even. Surely he can make us some money at that price. On the weeks where Ess play later in the weekends, TBC can be swung into the forward line. Seems the best way to get total ruck cover.

10/11/9 bye structure, 28.4k in the kitty.
Thoughts welcomed.

Money Shot

Like the idea don't know if it will work all the time but like it in theory.
Very good team though can't really fault it.
Not sure about the love with Ibbotson but everyone's picking him anyways.

Love to hear your thoughts on mind team.

Ringo

Why not play TBC permanently as fwd as he will score as well if not better than Clark or Hogan leaving Read as R3. that way you will get the benefit of TBC score each week and only need to rely on him as a ruck when required.

Point taken with Essendon playing before Geelong but should only be a problem with a late out Of Nat or Berger.  usually if that is the case there is talk of injury so if rumours surface that is when you move TBC to bench as cover.

Like your team structure and team couple of nice PODS in Sloane, Griffin and Ibbo as well.

crowls

good looking team creeker.
Ringo MS and FT all provided good feedback.    One to think of for back line is Rampe,  with Malcheski buggering off he has opportunity to step up as key clearance kicker for Swans.  Good age and experience for break out and has possible 100 avg within his grasp.   

I cant take Dusty as a starter just too inconsistent and not capable of ultra high scores.   Would rather see Franklin or Swan.  At least with Swan you know he is going to get 90 even with a bad year and is possible to get back to 110 and make him top forward.

cheers

creeker

Quote from: Ringo on January 01, 2015, 03:28:10 PM
Why not play TBC permanently as fwd as he will score as well if not better than Clark or Hogan leaving Read as R3. that way you will get the benefit of TBC score each week and only need to rely on him as a ruck when required.

Point taken with Essendon playing before Geelong but should only be a problem with a late out Of Nat or Berger.  usually if that is the case there is talk of injury so if rumours surface that is when you move TBC to bench as cover.

Like your team structure and team couple of nice PODS in Sloane, Griffin and Ibbo as well.

Agreed Ringo, most weeks we can play TBC forward. Just making the point that we will have to keep a close eye on the draw. Nothing worse than having ruck cover and still copping a donut with a late withdrawal.
Thanks for the above feedback. Cheers.

creeker

Quote from: crowls on January 01, 2015, 03:37:41 PM
good looking team creeker.
Ringo MS and FT all provided good feedback.    One to think of for back line is Rampe,  with Malcheski buggering off he has opportunity to step up as key clearance kicker for Swans.  Good age and experience for break out and has possible 100 avg within his grasp.   

I cant take Dusty as a starter just too inconsistent and not capable of ultra high scores.   Would rather see Franklin or Swan.  At least with Swan you know he is going to get 90 even with a bad year and is possible to get back to 110 and make him top forward.

cheers

Thanks Crowls.
Was all over Rampe a few months ago and I think the news could get even better for us. Think it's a toss up between Rampe and Zac Jones to see who will get the Eski role. If Jones was to get the job at around 200k, it would solve a few problems in our backlines. Will have eyes glued to Sydney's pre seasons games.
Cheers for the feed back mate.

fasttrack13

Jones no chance at HB role, his kicking Is a real problem. May work his way into the Sydney midfield as he his tough as nails, sub option at this stage in his career.
I'd bring Rampe in for Ibbo. Ibbo has such a huge range of scoring 65-95. Rampe is more 80-100 IMO. No matter whether Rampe breaks out or not!

Watch griffin he will get tagged. I think if you have Bellchambers as cover, having 1 premo is too much cash in the rucks.
IMO 2 midppriced and cover or 2 premos no cover. Not in between.

Great looking team though!

creeker

Yet another re-shuffle !

H Shaw, M Hibberd, S Hurn, B Waters, B Whitecross, S Edwards.
(D Viojo-Rainbow, N Newman.)

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, R Sloane, R Gray, S Biggs, I Heeney, A Vandenberg.
(N Freeman, J Steele, K Lambert.)

M Kreuzer, M Leuenberger. (T Bellchambers r/f.)

(C Daniel, T Read r/f.)

9/10/11. bye structure. Cutting it fine with 3k left over.

Question. Is it to weird to start Robbie Gray in the mids ? Really want him in my team but there is so much value to pick from in the forward line. (Must haves)
He would slip down into the forwards when Clark and Hogan moo !

Not overly happy with the Kreuz/Lewy combo but they are good value and you can bolster other lines with the money saved here.
Bellchambers would start forward most weeks.

Keen to hear your thoughts on the Robbie Gray situation.
Thanks in advance.

Money Shot

Quote from: creeker on January 04, 2015, 12:18:35 PM
Yet another re-shuffle !

G Ablett, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, R Sloane, R Gray, S Biggs, I Heeney, A Vandenberg.

(C Daniel, T Read r/f.)

Question. Is it to weird to start Robbie Gray in the mids ? Really want him in my team but there is so much value to pick from in the forward line. (Must haves)

Not overly happy with the Kreuz/Lewy combo but they are good value and you can bolster other lines with the money saved here.

Thanks in advance.
I personally wouldn't start Gray in the mids but still think he wouldn't be a bad pick!
Just think people like Ward are better but I wouldn't be to suprised if Gray out scored him!
Very good team with some good unique players!

Maggie May

Quote from: creeker on January 04, 2015, 12:18:35 PM
Yet another re-shuffle !

(C Daniel, T Read r/f.)

Thanks in advance.

Overall nice squad.  With regards to Gray, I two have been in two minds on whether to go with him.  Personally I think if you go with him, it should be forward, but there has been some debate on whether if you hold off on him, you can pick him up during the season at a better price, or whether he can continue on from last season and continue upwards.  Just remember though, with the exception of Harvey, in the forwards he is about $50k more than most options, so it might be worth saving the cash an having him as an upgrade target.

I'd also switch Read & Bellchambers.  Bellchambers is too much cash to sit on the bench, and will add considerable stength to your forwards if you make that switch.

crowls

Creeker
I like your first team better mate.   You made a decision on your ruck strategy and it is as valid as the Belly for cover strategy.   
Better balance all round in this team to the next couple.    Hang in there and gwyg when the rookies become clearer.   By then we will all know if we need to find some more cash etc.

Cheers