To Ablett or Not to Ablett

Started by Maggie May, December 28, 2014, 01:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

Ablett = LOCK   all said.  The pros and cons add up to nothing if your opponent has him playing v you and he is captain.   
Repeat   Ablett = LOCK.    Cheers.    ;)

blue

I started without Ablett 2 years ago and I will never make that mistake again

nrich102

Quote from: blue on February 02, 2015, 07:20:35 PM
I started without Ablett 2 years ago and I will never make that mistake again

fasttrack13

Speculator

The Herald sun is reporting that he is favouring his good shoulder at training and he marked the ball with one hand only. Ashcroft said he is tracking along nicely but I don't necessarily believe him. Personally I'm a bit concerned. So concerned I've removed him from my team.

bottlemart

I heard the same thing on SEN about him favouring his shoulder.  I have started Ablett every year, but I will need to see him at training or playing before making a decision on whether to start with him, or choose a cheaper fully fit premium midfielder and make Ablett first upgrade.   

Ricochet

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/suns-insist-gary-ablett-will-be-back-playing-during-pre-season-cup/story-e6frf3e3-1227205538128?sv=ddb5afce64ebc5a28f6a547a0e5b28aa#itm_s=foxs&itm_t=home&itm_c=content-3&itm_o=1&itm_l=Fox Feed - Gaz shoulder no cause for alarm: Suns

THE Gold Coast Suns insist that dual Brownlow medallist Gary Ablett remains on track for a return to action in the pre-season NAB Cup.

The star midfielder raised eyebrows yesterday when he appeared to have restricted movement in his reconstructed left shoulder.

Ablett merely ran laps, then had a few kicks and some marking practice, although he did not use his left arm when taking marks.

Ablett was in Melbourne late last week for a third check-up on his shoulder but Suns football manager Marcus Ashcroft said the routine visit to the surgeon was all positive.

“Gary met with the surgeon in Melbourne and he’s tracking along nicely,” Ashcroft said.

“He’s on a program which our guys have had in place for a while now and from our point of view we have no problems or issues with his shoulder.

"We think he’s on track to be right to play (by the NAB Cup).”

It's 2months until round 1, plenty of time to get rid of any sort of soreness if its true. Running-wise he's the fittest he's been at GC. Locked in my team along with Rocky

Goosey

Quote from: Ricochet on February 03, 2015, 10:29:52 AM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/suns-insist-gary-ablett-will-be-back-playing-during-pre-season-cup/story-e6frf3e3-1227205538128?sv=ddb5afce64ebc5a28f6a547a0e5b28aa#itm_s=foxs&itm_t=home&itm_c=content-3&itm_o=1&itm_l=Fox Feed - Gaz shoulder no cause for alarm: Suns

THE Gold Coast Suns insist that dual Brownlow medallist Gary Ablett remains on track for a return to action in the pre-season NAB Cup.

The star midfielder raised eyebrows yesterday when he appeared to have restricted movement in his reconstructed left shoulder.

Ablett merely ran laps, then had a few kicks and some marking practice, although he did not use his left arm when taking marks.

Ablett was in Melbourne late last week for a third check-up on his shoulder but Suns football manager Marcus Ashcroft said the routine visit to the surgeon was all positive.

“Gary met with the surgeon in Melbourne and he’s tracking along nicely,” Ashcroft said.

“He’s on a program which our guys have had in place for a while now and from our point of view we have no problems or issues with his shoulder.

"We think he’s on track to be right to play (by the NAB Cup).”

It's 2months until round 1, plenty of time to get rid of any sort of soreness if its true. Running-wise he's the fittest he's been at GC. Locked in my team along with Rocky
Yep, until it's obvious he's not at full strength, he's a lock.

Speculator

I would've liked to see him mark the ball with two hands by now.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Speculator on February 03, 2015, 04:17:29 PM
I would've liked to see him mark the ball with two hands by now.

It's still a long way out from the season. Even if he was perfectly fine now, there's just no reason not to be 3267% cautious about it all, because IF he were to somehow re-inure it, you would imagine being a shoulder that it would become an ongoing issue. He's just making sure its 500% good to go!

PICCOLLO

There are a few issues here but the guy is a genius and fitter than ever. Id rather have him and burn a trade offloading him than start without him.
Hes probably being extra cautious not to suffer a set back but in the heat of battle he wont shirk a tackle or avoid a bump. Hes a fierce competitor.
Hes in until I see him do something that worries me in an actual game. (Prob NAB cup)