The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 21, 2015, 04:22:48 PM
Just feels like such a waste of trade. Knight to Kav nets me about 50k. Just seems like such a waste and worthless, but I just don't know what else I can do having no cash

It's ballsy, but I have considered Pearce to Fields which will allow me to turn Beams into GAJ. I've only considered it because of Beams' shoulder concern.

4 trades is handy, but with no cash and no good bench cover really, I feel like bench depth isn't an option this year so I just need to use my final trades to keep my starting 22 strong

I've already had this discussion with Judd Magic, Beams doesn't look right and is a 70-80% chance to miss some matches. Even if that doesn't occur I think his scores will drop due to medical attention throughout the game. If you want to do it then it must be this week, Gaz goes up & Beams goes down. Ballsy indeed but I simply cannot see you challenging without Gaz in the side.

Cotch-9

Quote from: Bully on July 21, 2015, 04:15:13 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 21, 2015, 04:05:40 PM
Ok, so who do we like this week?

Fields and J Kolo are on the defensive bubble, while guys like Knight and Harmes are bubbling in the mids

Goddard looks good, but we can wait another week

All the others like Prudden, Jack, Laverde etc don't interest me

I have 4 trades left, and don't need to trade, but I am thinking it might be a good idea to dump either Pearce or Kavanagh for one of these. Seems like a waste to use a precious trade just to get 50-80k, but part of me thinks I need to do it to generate funds because right now all I have is 6k :(

In 2 weeks time I'll look to downgrade Steele and then I will hopefully have 2 trades left with about 300k in the kitty which I'm hoping will allow me to luxury trade, most likely Ablett

It's good you are planning for Ablett, doesn't matter how you get there but you can't let it drag for much longer. I remember Rocky last year and the enormous damage he did to my standing, that's what you will be up against.

Kav to Knight is a good trade, it will effectively maintain your DPP link when you move Steele on. Pearce has job security, he's a bit like Brown but at least he plays every week.

Who would you take out of Fields and Goddard

Bully

Quote from: Cotch-9 on July 21, 2015, 07:32:06 PM
Quote from: Bully on July 21, 2015, 04:15:13 PM

Fields and J Kolo are on the defensive bubble, while guys like Knight and Harmes are bubbling in the mids

I have 4 trades left, and don't need to trade, but I am thinking it might be a good idea to dump either Pearce or Kavanagh for one of these. Seems like a waste to use a precious trade just to get 50-80k, but part of me thinks I need to do it to generate funds because right now all I have is 6k :(

In 2 weeks time I'll look to downgrade Steele and then I will hopefully have 2 trades left with about 300k in the kitty which I'm hoping will allow me to luxury trade, most likely Ablett

It's good you are planning for Ablett, doesn't matter how you get there but you can't let it drag for much longer. I remember Rocky last year and the enormous damage he did to my standing, that's what you will be up against.

Kav to Knight is a good trade, it will effectively maintain your DPP link when you move Steele on. Pearce has job security, he's a bit like Brown but at least he plays every week.

Who would you take out of Fields and Goddard

Both players have decent claims to keep their positions although I think Goddard wins out on two counts, the first being his F/D flexibility, this effectively means he can be switched forward at a later date. St Kilda also have many late games, he then becomes a loopholing weapon in the event that he is dropped. Guys like this are invaluable and can be the perfect compliment to beefed up forward line. In or out of the side he will come in handy.

RaisyDaisy

Capper

What happened to Byrne 4-5 weeks with a hammy!!

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 21, 2015, 08:02:59 PM
Thoughts on Downie's JS?

Very good, he's taking the lions share of the ruck work and doesn't have Mummy breathing down his neck. Can't see him being dropped any time soon.

Capper

Heeney could come back in this week for Bird after 29 disposals, 2 goals 3 and 11 tackles in the 2s (151 DT points)

tigertops

Yeah there's a fair few rookie downgrades over the next two weeks. Question is which one/s have the best JS to be bench cover. Doesn't look like there's time for them to raise enough cash  and prob not enough trades, so it's looks like JS were looking for..
I Kolo knight and Goddard are my picks.
Also harmed i believe is nearly 20 yo and pruden 21 yo so they are matureish. They might have decent JS also???

Big Mac

Harmes might play another couple weeks but will likely be dropped soon

hawkboy80

? to payne (st.k), dpp & loophole
beams to gaz

Bully

Quote from: hawkboy80 on July 24, 2015, 03:32:40 PM
? to payne (st.k), dpp & loophole
beams to gaz

I picked up Payne this week, Saints play a lot of late games.

tkringle

Who has the best JS, Knights or Lambert?

Bully

Quote from: tkringle on July 25, 2015, 01:33:45 PM
Who has the best JS, Knights or Lambert?

Lambert has steadily improved and looks to have nailed down his position. still a sub risk however. Knight is effectively NVB's replacement so he looks pretty set as well.

Jesty

I MacKenzie likely to return or not?

Hazza09

Any rookies on the radar?
Besides Hugh Goddard?

Does anyone know anything about Tom Barass?