The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Quote from: TomK on June 20, 2015, 06:31:37 PM
Rory Atkins 123k Mid should play next week against the Lions.

24 Disposals and 9 Marks today in the SANFL. Has speed and can actually kick the ball which is what Adelaide are lacking.

will be sub anyway

TomK

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 20, 2015, 06:35:37 PM
Quote from: TomK on June 20, 2015, 06:31:37 PM
Rory Atkins 123k Mid should play next week against the Lions.

24 Disposals and 9 Marks today in the SANFL. Has speed and can actually kick the ball which is what Adelaide are lacking.

will be sub anyway
Probably but another option anyway.

crowls

Quote from: AaronKirk on June 20, 2015, 04:10:45 PM
A couple of interesting VFL performances

Ben Waterworth
@bjwaterworth

Kane Lambert with 1.2 from 27 touches for @RichmondVFL. Caleb Daniel also good for @FootscrayVFL: 1.1 from 22 touches 5 tackles. #SuperCoach
Be good to see Lambert move up to seniors.   Not sure where he would fit in at the moment though.

Toga

Quote from: crowls on June 21, 2015, 11:13:35 AM

Ben Waterworth
@bjwaterworth

Kane Lambert with 1.2 from 27 touches for @RichmondVFL. Caleb Daniel also good for @FootscrayVFL: 1.1 from 22 touches 5 tackles. #SuperCoach
Be good to see Lambert move up to seniors.   Not sure where he would fit in at the moment though.

Corey Ellis potentially injured, Menadue, Hunt and maybe even McIntosh all throwing up so-so performances here and there... Could definitely get another run soon.

honza

Quote from: Toga on June 21, 2015, 11:31:45 AM
Quote from: crowls on June 21, 2015, 11:13:35 AM

Ben Waterworth
@bjwaterworth

Corey Ellis potentially injured, Menadue, Hunt and maybe even McIntosh all throwing up so-so performances here and there... Could definitely get another run soon.

Named Richmond's BOG this week end helps.

Grufflez

Wish Colquhoun wasn't 188k he seemed to go alright and Port desperately need to make a few changes.
Who would be Alex Pearce's competition for the role Michael Johnson left ? or is JS pretty solid, still an option at 166k.

RaisyDaisy

In terms of options, I'd say Edwards and possibly Brooksby are the only options I have this week, and then I'll be snapping up Steele if he gets named for a 3rd in a few weeks

smashbox

which rookies are on the horizon.

Got a lot of ripe rookies who need to be downgraded.

Big Mac

Quote from: smashbox on June 24, 2015, 04:52:53 PM

Jack Steele made his debut on the weekend, scored 84 I believe - Should hold his spot with GWS injuries

Lambert had his first game back from injury on the weekend, had 27 disposals in the VFL

ANB did enough on the weekend to cement his spot in the side for another week, should be on the bubble for round 14

Colquhoun the only rookie on the bubble in defence, very pricy though

RaisyDaisy

Shaun Edwards did well in his first game too - could go a week early on him if need be

kilbluff1985

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 24, 2015, 05:28:16 PM
Shaun Edwards did well in his first game too - could go a week early on him if need be

if you have like 2 or 3 Bombers in your best 22 Edwards is decent cover for them

dunno if that makes sense but i like getting rookies from teams i have a few players from

Marstar

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 24, 2015, 05:30:27 PM

if you have like 2 or 3 Bombers in your best 22 Edwards is decent cover for them

dunno if that makes sense but i like getting rookies from teams i have a few players from

That's an interesting strategy and can work assuming the Rookie would be next inline for the gig of the given player you are covering.

However would Edwards come in to replace an Injured Hibberd, Heppel or Goddard?

Capper

Quote from: Marstar on June 24, 2015, 06:06:35 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 24, 2015, 05:30:27 PM

That's an interesting strategy and can work assuming the Rookie would be next inline for the gig of the given player you are covering.

However would Edwards come in to replace an Injured Hibberd, Heppel or Goddard?
Hibberd maybe but not goddard or Heppel i would think

kilbluff1985

it just increases the chance that rookie will play if 1 or 2 get injured not saying it's a sure thing

like i had to choose my last fwd premo

i have Bont and Dale fwd

so i chose Dahl over Dusty or Deledio

Swoozie

Quote from: smashbox on June 24, 2015, 04:52:53 PM

Edwards looks really good. They simply have to play him. No point playing the older guys now that the bombers season is pretty much done. I'd think he'll play the remainder of the year if things go well.