The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: PICCOLLO on June 15, 2015, 01:59:37 PM
Worth it for the 50 odd points you'll probably get?
I'd probably cop the zero and move on.

Nailing the right captain choice will likely make up that gap for you.

Agree, but it's more than just this week. If Ellis keeps playing he makes money and provides cover, whereas Glenn might just sit there doing nothing, so I feel like although it has it's benefit this week in avoiding a donut, it has its long term benefits too

PICCOLLO

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 15, 2015, 03:32:47 PM

Agree, but it's more than just this week. If Ellis keeps playing he makes money and provides cover, whereas Glenn might just sit there doing nothing, so I feel like although it has it's benefit this week in avoiding a donut, it has its long term benefits too

Yeah. good point.  If you believe that Glenn won't get another gig in next 2-3 games then go for it.  I think, with GCS injury list, that we will see him again.  (his own injury dependent, of course)

I'm happy to hold him at present as he'll be useful as a loophole option for an M9, VC loop, etc. and he'll score pretty well if he does get back in.  Then there's the dwindling number of trades I have left...

If you've exhausted other options then this is viable.  Perhaps ask if you'd make the trade if you had a full team this week.  If yes, then do it. 

tigertops

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 15, 2015, 03:32:47 PM

I'm thinking of downgrading miller to Ellis. Obviously it's for cash injection but I think Ellis will play majority of remaining games so he should make you cash.  If u have enough trades avail I think it's ok.

kilbluff1985

for anyone considering Bombers rookies

Essendon will get a much needed boost when they return from the bye with at least four names available for selection. Midfielders Heath Hocking, David Zaharakis, defender Dustin Fletcher and forward Jason Winderlich have all recovered from their respective injuries.
Midfielder David Myers is still a couple of weeks away after shoulder surgery earlier in the year.

Capper

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 16, 2015, 12:31:09 PM

Essendon will get a much needed boost when they return from the bye with at least four names available for selection. Midfielders Heath Hocking, David Zaharakis, defender Dustin Fletcher and forward Jason Winderlich have all recovered from their respective injuries.
Midfielder David Myers is still a couple of weeks away after shoulder surgery earlier in the year.
very glad i didnt get Kav now

T Dog

Quote from: Capper on June 16, 2015, 12:35:39 PM

Will Fantasia hold a spot?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: T Dog on June 16, 2015, 12:42:11 PM
Quote from: Capper on June 16, 2015, 12:35:39 PM

Will Fantasia hold a spot?

no

RaisyDaisy

I'll just cop it on the chin and say that having Glenn and Kav isn't ideal for me, but I will just dump one of them before rd13 if need be, and keep the other at M11

I stuffed up last week by getting Kav - because I already had 18 and his score didn't even count, and I'm stuck with 17 this week. I really should have got Ellis last week instead of him. Oh well :(

kilbluff1985

my prediction for ins and outs would be

IN

Fletcher
Hocking
Winderlich (sub)
Zaharakis
McKernan

out

Kav
Gwilt
Fantasia
Edwards
Ambrose

i don't really want to drop Ambrose but cant find anyone else to drop i feel McKernan has to come in

Capper

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 16, 2015, 12:55:15 PM

IN

Fletcher
Hocking
Winderlich (sub)
Zaharakis
McKernan

out

Kav
Gwilt
Fantasia
Edwards
Ambrose

i don't really want to drop Ambrose but cant find anyone else to drop i feel McKernan has to come in
so McKernan rucks?

colmullet

IN

Fletcher
Hocking
Winderlich (sub)
Zaharakis
McKernan

out

Kav
Gwilt
Fantasia
Edwards
Ambrose

You keep Gleeson in?

kilbluff1985

yep going to be a gun Hird loves him and wants to get games into him he had 8 touches after coming on in 3rd quarter

DoctorRush

IN

Fletcher
Hocking
Winderlich (sub)
Zaharakis
McKernan

out

Kav
Gwilt
Fantasia
Edwards
Ambrose

Don't reckon Edwards gets dropped. Did far too well in his first game to not get rewarded.
I'd drop Gleeson before Edwards.

FactHunt

Quote from: DoctorRush on June 16, 2015, 01:11:06 PM

IN

Fletcher
Hocking
Winderlich (sub)
Zaharakis
McKernan

out

Kav
Gwilt
Fantasia
Edwards
Ambrose

Don't reckon Edwards gets dropped. Did far too well in his first game to not get rewarded.
I'd drop Gleeson before Edwards.
I don't think we'll see all those changes.
Can't see Ambrose being dropped, and don't think Edwards will be either. I'd also be surprised if Kav gets dumped, he won some good footy last week in a side that was rubbish. Again.

But let's face it, the side is a mess. Hird will have to make some tough calls if there is going to be change… time will tell.

Ricochet

The Run Home ‏@TheRunHome
Cameron says Andrew Phillips is probably leading the charge to replace Shane Mumford