The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muggle25

I'm in the lucky position of not having to make any trades before the Port subs are announced.  ATM I will be going Amon if he is not sub and Dumont if Amon gets the vest.

Now need to decide whether to offload Salem or Tarrant to get this rookie  :-\

Raiden

Quote from: muggle25 on May 29, 2015, 09:36:57 AM
I'm in the lucky position of not having to make any trades before the Port subs are announced.  ATM I will be going Amon if he is not sub and Dumont if Amon gets the vest.

Now need to decide whether to offload Salem or Tarrant to get this rookie  :-\

Prob gonna do the same as you mate, either Amon or Dumont.

RaisyDaisy

Pretty certain I'll grab Dale. The problem for me about getting Amon or Dumont is that if I trade out Tarrant, then move Krak from mids to fwd and bring one of them in I lose DPP and have both Krak and Lambert in the fwds, so I'd rather go Dale so I can keep DPP open swinging Krak between both lines with Lambert

Next week I can downgrade Vanders or Cripps to Amon/Dumont if it seems worth it, allowing me to keep DPP

PICCOLLO

Reckon Amon will only go up 20-40k. Will have a look at him this week and see how he goes if given a full game.

I'm not that desperate for a rookie right now.  There are some options on the not too distant horizon. 

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: PICCOLLO on May 29, 2015, 12:20:00 PM
Reckon Amon will only go up 20-40k. Will have a look at him this week and see how he goes if given a full game.

+1

no eye deer

Is it worth going Miller to Amon this week, or better to hold a week and see what happens? Millers BE is 62, so he probably won't rise in price as much as Amon, but it would give me another week to check out Amons JS and output. Think I just talked myself into holding!

PICCOLLO

Quote from: no eye deer on May 29, 2015, 12:37:42 PM
Is it worth going Miller to Amon this week, or better to hold a week and see what happens? Millers BE is 62, so he probably won't rise in price as much as Amon, but it would give me another week to check out Amons JS and output. Think I just talked myself into holding!

The money you lose out on is worth the investment for another look.  He could get injured, be the sub, etc.

jfitty

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 29, 2015, 12:14:34 PM
Pretty certain I'll grab Dale. The problem for me about getting Amon or Dumont is that if I trade out Tarrant, then move Krak from mids to fwd and bring one of them in I lose DPP and have both Krak and Lambert in the fwds, so I'd rather go Dale so I can keep DPP open swinging Krak between both lines with Lambert

Next week I can downgrade Vanders or Cripps to Amon/Dumont if it seems worth it, allowing me to keep DPP

So you ended up trading Lambert in last week? I ended up chickening out, but getting him this week is looking like a good option for me!

DoctorRush

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 29, 2015, 12:14:34 PM

Exact same reason I'm grabbing Dale. I'd prefer to maintain the DPP via Krak with all of my forwards in case something goes bad.
Also, it actually works great for my bye structure giving me 20,17,19 before trades.

dahlhaus06

Does anyone know anything on Howe, named first game this week. Likely to get another run?

Capper

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 29, 2015, 09:07:02 AM
I don't think I will be getting any of the mid rookies this week. I do see opportunities for Amon and Dumont, and there's a few others getting games too, but I think I'd rather wait another week and pay the extra 30k once I see more from them and get a better picture of their JS
+1 add to that Glenn should be back next week

jfitty

Quote from: Capper on May 29, 2015, 02:04:17 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 29, 2015, 09:07:02 AM
I don't think I will be getting any of the mid rookies this week. I do see opportunities for Amon and Dumont, and there's a few others getting games too, but I think I'd rather wait another week and pay the extra 30k once I see more from them and get a better picture of their JS
+1 add to that Glenn should be back next week

Yep Glenn is the one IMO. Mature age, had a good score in his first game, and with so many Suns midfielders out I reckon he'll get a really good run

redfield

Quote from: dahlhaus06 on May 29, 2015, 01:58:05 PM
Does anyone know anything on Howe, named first game this week. Likely to get another run?

He'd need to continually play very well to keep his spot in the team I would think. I just had a quick look at his VFL stats and he's been in pretty good form. That's obvious enough given that he's getting a chance. His stats so far read as follows:

Rd 1 v Footscray: 11 kicks, 9 handballs, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goals
Rd 2 v Coburg: 12 kicks, 7 handballs, 7 marks, 2 tackles, 2 hitouts, 1 goal
Rd 3 - Bye
Rd 4 v Werribee: 13 kicks, 6 handballs, 9 marks, 7 tackles, 2 hitouts, 1 goal
Rd 5 - DNP
Rd 6 v Sandringham: 6 kicks, 7 handballs, 6 marks, 4 tackles

I don't know about TOG, disposal efficiency or why he didn't play in rd 5 (was he an emergency for Hawthorn perhaps?). Those first three matches look great and if he can play three in a row then he's probably as good a downgrade target as we're going to get anytime soon.

tor01doc

I'd be looking elsewhere.

Pretty hard side to break into, let alone hold your spot.

Let's see what Mr Barker has planned for Carlton and their younger brigade.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: dahlhaus06 on May 29, 2015, 01:58:05 PM

Don't like touching Hawk rookies. Just look at Jed Anderson