The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colmullet

Apparently has averaged 137SC points from 6 NEAFL games this year

BomberSam

Who is likely to be the best downgrade option; Menadue, Amon or the more pricey Biggs?

tigertops

Dumont in nth team squad again. If picked with swallow back that will be a positive sign.

kilbluff1985

Andrew Boston can score 80+ pretty easily if not the sub

Dayze

I'll mention it again but Liam Duggan is 226k off the back of a 96.
Has had a nice steady intro into senior football and looks ready to go after multiple vests.
Think he could average 80 from here on and could be handy with his bye?
Dumont seems too risky and Dale i doubt his scoring ability

Grufflez

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 28, 2015, 11:14:26 PM
Andrew Boston can score 80+ pretty easily if not the sub

Reckon Eade will give him a good run though?

Jroo

Quote from: Dayze on May 29, 2015, 01:19:58 AM
I'll mention it again but Liam Duggan is 226k off the back of a 96.
Has had a nice steady intro into senior football and looks ready to go after multiple vests.
Think he could average 80 from here on and could be handy with his bye?
Dumont seems too risky and Dale i doubt his scoring ability
Good option, looked great last week.

hogan2014

Just looked up Duggan.
His scores 2 and 3 weeks ago of 30 and 39 were with 97 and 93 minutes game time which isn't convincing. But could turn out alright.

Grufflez

Quote from: hogan2014 on May 29, 2015, 02:04:28 AM
Just looked up Duggan.
His scores 2 and 3 weeks ago of 30 and 39 were with 97 and 93 minutes game time which isn't convincing. But could turn out alright.

ewwwww

Ricochet

Quote from: Grufflez on May 29, 2015, 02:19:56 AM
Quote from: hogan2014 on May 29, 2015, 02:04:28 AM
Just looked up Duggan.

ewwwww
Yeh no thanks. They won't have it as easy as last week every round

Asparagus

muggle25

Yeah - tossing up between Amon and Dumont.  Trying to work out which will stick around for longer.  If they can stay in the team and lose the sub role they'll be right.  Thinking that's unlikely for both candidates.

RaisyDaisy

I don't think I will be getting any of the mid rookies this week. I do see opportunities for Amon and Dumont, and there's a few others getting games too, but I think I'd rather wait another week and pay the extra 30k once I see more from them and get a better picture of their JS

muggle25

Yeah, I don't need forward rookies.  Happy to plant Hogan and Clark on the bench for a while yet - only really looking at forward upgrades - and that will be achieved by moving Gray down from the mids.  If I am taking rookies with dubious JS I would rather do it in the midfield where there is a 3 man bench than in the forward line where it is only 2 - much more pressure to have a forward rookie who will play.  I think if Amon avoids the vest he's in - otherwise hello Dumont  :-\

I need a downgrade this week to get Rocky.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Ok, so from what I have gathered, our options this week are: Boston and Hamling in their first games and Amon, Dumont, Menadue and Dale on the bubble.

If Boston plays is the sub, then avoids it for the next 2 games, he could still be a juicy option to downgrade a Rnd 13 Rokkie to him.

Hamling's JS and scoring ability would surely be shaky, but he's all we have on the horizon to downgrade defence rookies.

And the four on the bubble's JS is average at best.

Who out of the four on the bubble is likely to score/play the most? For me, Dumont is this man. And if he plays the next 4 weeks straight, he will be $250-300k by his Rnd 13 bye. If he avoids the vest he can avg 60-75 imo too...