The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrispy75

Quote from: Ricochet on May 27, 2015, 12:53:13 PM
You shouldn't need him in the byes either.

And they aren't comparable as on field starters because you'd be using Wallis as a starter, where as Dale isn't.

In a few weeks you have Wallis at M8, others with have a premo mid (as most will have complete midfields by the byes). Meaning they get a points advantage over the byes as well.

Rico, I think you might find a number of people are round 12 heavy and will need Dale or Wallis during that round.  Seen some people mention 16 Rnd 12 players (14 available).

I have a 9/12/9 setup at the moment which includes Fyfe and Pendles from the start.  I added JPK when too cheap to ignore.  Also had J Steven from the start which I might treat as a cash cow!! 

With goodes injured I would only have 17 playing round 12.  Wallis is no a bad m8 for a couple of weeks and then m9 if necessary. 

If people don't have the big Rnd 12 players they have probably lost points the last 8 rounds and may make some of it back during the byes, but I will have a near completed side (including defense) with 14 trades to fine tune.

I will also still be making money in the Mids where it is quicker to achieve!!

Ricochet

Quote from: Chrispy75 on May 27, 2015, 01:15:28 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 27, 2015, 12:53:13 PM
You shouldn't need him in the byes either.

And they aren't comparable as on field starters because you'd be using Wallis as a starter, where as Dale isn't.

In a few weeks you have Wallis at M8, others with have a premo mid (as most will have complete midfields by the byes). Meaning they get a points advantage over the byes as well.

Rico, I think you might find a number of people are round 12 heavy and will need Dale or Wallis during that round.  Seen some people mention 16 Rnd 12 players (14 available).

I have a 9/12/9 setup at the moment which includes Fyfe and Pendles from the start.  I added JPK when too cheap to ignore.  Also had J Steven from the start which I might treat as a cash cow!! 

With goodes injured I would only have 17 playing round 12.  Wallis is no a bad m8 for a couple of weeks and then m9 if necessary. 

If people don't have the big Rnd 12 players they have probably lost points the last 8 rounds and may make some of it back during the byes, but I will have a near completed side (including defense) with 14 trades to fine tune.

I will also still be making money in the Mids where it is quicker to achieve!!
Like i said man, if you think he can go 105-110 over the next two months then he is definitely a decent pick. If not then you're better off going to rookies

hogan2014

For me Wallis is not coming in to just make money. We are going to need good mid bench cover and him and a DPP mid/fwd is the minimum i want on the bench come finals.
He will average 100+.
Got to get creative to finish with a strong side.
Every year we think our side will end up full of prems but there are some you just have to keep.
He is 325k! Not 450kish like Mitchell and with better JS.
If you seriously think you can continue to downgrade with this seasons crop of rookies then think again.

Ricochet

That's far enough mate

On rookies though
Quote from: hogan2014 on May 27, 2015, 02:12:05 PM
If you seriously think you can continue to downgrade with this seasons crop of rookies then think again.
Every year we say that. After the half way mark bottom 8 sides will start blooding rookies to see what they have and whether they are up to it. It happens every year, we'll be fine

jfitty

Quote from: Ricochet on May 27, 2015, 02:15:06 PM
That's far enough mate

On rookies though
Every year we say that. After the half way mark bottom 8 sides will start blooding rookies to see what they have and whether they are up to it. It happens every year, we'll be fine

Yep this is so true! More LTI's will happen, rookies will get opportunities, happens every year. Off the top of my head, Hugh Goddard, Hamling, Lambert, Caleb Daniel, Steele, Viojo-Rainbow, Scharenberg, Jake Kolo and Laverde will all get their chance at some stage.

hogan2014

That's far enough mate

On rookies though
Hope your right but I never remember being this bad at this stage of the season...

redfield

That's far enough mate

On rookies though

Well said, Rico. There are quite a few guys that will come through in the second half of the year. Think Hamling, Scharenberg, Freeman, Kolodjashnij, Daniel, Goddard and Cavka. Those are just the ones that came to me off the top of my head.

Of course, I just wish some of those guys were going to be on the bubble in the next round or two  :-[

Dayze

Haven't seen him mentioned but any one considered Duggan at 220k?

Grazz

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2015, 07:55:28 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 26, 2015, 05:21:55 PM

At least they were kind enough to let us know

We sent him a text on Monday and he said only a 20% chance for this week but will be back the following. I'll get Casey to fire off another text Tues Weds of next week and post the reply.

honza

Barker has pretty much said the whole Carlton list will get a run this season to see whether they can find an AFL footballer in there.

Get ready for Walshy!

The_Captain

Quote from: honza on May 27, 2015, 09:16:12 PM
Barker has pretty much said the whole Carlton list will get a run this season to see whether they can find an AFL footballer in there.

Get ready for Walshy!

Who?

Spite

Quote from: The_Captain on May 27, 2015, 09:18:58 PM

Get ready for Walshy!

Who?

Walshy

The_Captain

Quote from: Spite on May 27, 2015, 10:21:55 PM

Get ready for Walshy!

Who?

Walshy

Who dat!

kilbluff1985

Toby Mclean put his hand up for a debut with five goals

Diesels Pups

Quote from: The_Captain on May 27, 2015, 10:41:30 PM
Quote from: Spite on May 27, 2015, 10:21:55 PM

Get ready for Walshy!

Who?

Brad Walsh. Rookie listed, played well last few weeks for the northern blues. Inside mid with a bit hardness about him. Captained W.A in the under 18's championships.