The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redfield

Quote from: Southstorm on May 19, 2015, 03:53:20 AM
When will Scharenberg get a gig? He's been doing alright in the VFL.

Toovs is unlikely to get up for the game against the Gold Coast. Whilst Armstrong got the call up for Seedsman when he was out with a hip injury, I think that Scharenberg might be ready for action this time around.

MC

Quote from: hogan2014 on May 18, 2015, 07:48:46 PM
Im going Brown to Lever.
Yes last week was no good but first week promising and their aint much on horizon.
Lambert probably 6 weeks away.
Goddard surely should play soon.
DeGoey looks a good option and I see him getting good game time.
Next week there may be less options also.

Surely you keep brown as defensive cover for the whole year? Brown was never a cash cow, always picked to fill a hole. Could be useful towards the end of the season when players start dropping and you run low on trades. His 45-50 beats a donut every day of the week.

Elcapitano

Does Anyone have any info on Hugh Goddard?

Can we expect him to get games this year??

dicko_

I've been wondering about this Nathan brown situation myself, and considering keeping kamdyn instead of brown. Seems like he will average more for the season, and it doesn't look like the tiges plan on dropping him any time soon.

In any case he should at least gain some more cash, even if it's a slow burn, and is scoring better, whereas brown has basically peaked, as I think it's unlikely he will string another couple of solid games together like that 70 and 85.

Holz

Im hoping glenn can get up this week, feel if he does he is worth jumping on.

if not im just lobbing more defenders into the midfield with Vanderberg to Lever and now Saad and Mckenzie on the mid bench.

MontyJnr

Andrew Swallow ruled out this weekend, so Trent Dumont should get a second game now (hopefully not as sub!)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: MontyJnr on May 19, 2015, 05:14:33 PM
Andrew Swallow ruled out this weekend, so Trent Dumont should get a second game now (hopefully not as sub!)

Not really an option as he will be straight out again anyway  :-[

Of all the options this week, I think Glenn, Lever and McInnes are the only considerable ones

hogan2014

Quote from: MC on May 19, 2015, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: hogan2014 on May 18, 2015, 07:48:46 PM
Im going Brown to Lever.
Yes last week was no good but first week promising and their aint much on horizon.
Lambert probably 6 weeks away.
Goddard surely should play soon.
DeGoey looks a good option and I see him getting good game time.
Next week there may be less options also.

Surely you keep brown as defensive cover for the whole year? Brown was never a cash cow, always picked to fill a hole. Could be useful towards the end of the season when players start dropping and you run low on trades. His 45-50 beats a donut every day of the week.

I think there will be another "Brown" along the way and ain't having 2 on my bench all season.

YoungGun

doing a double upgrade this week, went early on lever so hoping glenn isnt named this week but in the coming weeks.

just looking at plans up to the byes, it is gonna be really hard to trade! what rookies are we getting on, looks like getting a zero might have to happen in the hope they get games, otherwise upgrading is gonna be impossible. not ideal having zeros during the byes. Not liking the rookie drought!

Gigantor

Will Stretch make the final cut?

If he does I will still wait as he won't go up much with that 14 in his cycle,  70 will cause him to jump 25-30k. If he is named for a 4th game I will jump on.

barlowlove

With the lack of options this week, is anyone considering Bailey Dale?
Played one game for a 50, is named in the starting 18 this week, looks to have a shot at cementing his place in the side?

Gigantor

Quote from: barlowlove on May 21, 2015, 08:19:15 PM
With the lack of options this week, is anyone considering Bailey Dale?
Played one game for a 50, is named in the starting 18 this week, looks to have a shot at cementing his place in the side?
If he is named for his 3rd game next week I'll probably trade him in for Clark

kilbluff1985

we're so screwed i need a decent downgrade target

batt

Mat0369

Biggs scored 70, he is pricey but if he is fit and in the Dogs 22 he is one I am looking at for Cripps/Touk