The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogan2014

Im going Brown to Lever.
Yes last week was no good but first week promising and their aint much on horizon.
Lambert probably 6 weeks away.
Goddard surely should play soon.
DeGoey looks a good option and I see him getting good game time.
Next week there may be less options also.

Mat0369

Lambert 3-4 away with the shoulder, but I wouldn't say the Tiges small forward stocks are setting the world on fire. Being a shoulder he will be fit, but will need at least a game or two for touch and fitness. That would put him about 6 weeks away which is why I am not looking at it now, but he is locked when he is back in

_wato

Surely Jack Steele gets a gig this week? He has been absolutely killing it in the last few weeks, got another BOG on the weekend too and arguably his best game so far - 33 touches, 11 tackles, 9 clearances
I know the ones are doing well but this man has been in the best nearly every week

And Josh Kelly is a jet, 36 and 39 in the last two weeks with 3/4 goals hahaha, too good for neafl these blokes

FactHunt

Quote from: _wato on May 18, 2015, 09:39:06 PM
Surely Jack Steele gets a gig this week? He has been absolutely killing it in the last few weeks, got another BOG on the weekend too and arguably his best game so far - 33 touches, 11 tackles, 9 clearances
I know the ones are doing well but this man has been in the best nearly every week

And Josh Kelly is a jet, 36 and 39 in the last two weeks with 3/4 goals hahaha, too good for neafl these blokes
Depth is starting to get scary...

The_Captain

Quote from: _wato on May 18, 2015, 09:39:06 PM

That neafl Comp is an actual joke but. Tom Mitchell did get 60 possessions in a game.... dont take any of the stats from that serious. Seen guys rack up 30s play afl next week and struggle to muster 10 posies for game!

_wato

Quote from: The_Captain on May 18, 2015, 09:50:17 PM
That neafl Comp is an actual joke but. Tom Mitchell did get 60 possessions in a game.... dont take any of the stats from that serious. Seen guys rack up 30s play afl next week and struggle to muster 10 posies for game!

I know but that Giants team are 5-1 and locked with 2/3 other teams including Sydney reserves, NT and stuff and the GC and Brisbane teams when fit are handy sides with top heavy talent so there's always a handful of gun players in there

The Giants team itself in the reserves are scary too mate, depth is definitely unreal at this stage.. Will be a force

The_Captain

Quote from: _wato on May 18, 2015, 09:54:23 PM

I know but that Giants team are 5-1 and locked with 2/3 other teams including Sydney reserves, NT and stuff and the GC and Brisbane teams when fit are handy sides with top heavy talent so there's always a handful of gun players in there

The Giants team itself in the reserves are scary too mate, depth is definitely unreal at this stage.. Will be a force

Yeah rate their depth for sure. 2 years time maybe 3, there is going to be some salary cap dramas with people requesting more $$$

Big Mac

Quote from: The_Captain on May 18, 2015, 10:01:58 PM
Quote from: _wato on May 18, 2015, 09:54:23 PM

Yeah rate their depth for sure. 2 years time maybe 3, there is going to be some salary cap dramas with people requesting more $$$

They'll just trade them for draft picks and continue the cycle

_wato

I think that's why I rate Steele's disposal numbers more than I would with Titch's because when I look at GWS reserves, they have an unbelievable list.. Just to name a few who played this week - Kelly, Hampton, Steele, Addison, Lobb, Lamb, Wilson, Phillips, McKenna, Barrett, Golds, (Pickett, Marchbank and Ahern who are all top 15 picks) and blokes like Mohr, WHE have played just the last few weeks, whereas Sydney have Mitchell, Jack, Jones and that's about it

I don't think hey will to be honest, GWS seem to have a great culture up there and I think they consider themselves as a carbon copy of Hawthorn with their talent, and we all know how easily they can fit their gun players under the cap.. Think they will chase success over $$$ but that's just my opinion (they may lose a gun forward or mid in their pursuing of a flag, but nothing drastic)

Ricochet

Quote from: Grufflez on May 18, 2015, 07:23:25 PM
Picking up guys like Lambert is pure desperation, maybe you'll get anyway with carrying him and using as loophole until he gets games, but he is so far away you wouldn't want to be carrying to many non playing/cash generating rookies at this point in the season.
agree mate

The_Captain

Quote from: _wato on May 18, 2015, 10:11:45 PM

I think that's why I rate Steele's disposal numbers more than I would with Titch's because when I look at GWS reserves, they have an unbelievable list.. Just to name a few who played this week - Kelly, Hampton, Steele, Addison, Lobb, Lamb, Wilson, Phillips, McKenna, Barrett, Golds, (Pickett, Marchbank and Ahern who are all top 15 picks) and blokes like Mohr, WHE have played just the last few weeks, whereas Sydney have Mitchell, Jack, Jones and that's about it

I don't think hey will to be honest, GWS seem to have a great culture up there and I think they consider themselves as a carbon copy of Hawthorn with their talent, and we all know how easily they can fit their gun players under the cap.. Think they will chase success over $$$ but that's just my opinion (they may lose a gun forward or mid in their pursuing of a flag, but nothing drastic)

Rare to find a bloke who wants success over $$$$. These are people's livelyhood and futures they have to lookout for themselves. And a 5 year deal at 4 million at an average club,  is going to be more enticing then a 3 year deal worth 1.5 million at a club with a possibility of success.

They do have more depth than Sydney. But that's what happens when they get every decent draft pick for 2 years straight. Sydney best 25-30 is better than gws for now, and that's what wins a flag.

Southstorm

When will Scharenberg get a gig? He's been doing alright in the VFL.

Raiden

Quote from: Southstorm on May 19, 2015, 03:53:20 AM
When will Scharenberg get a gig? He's been doing alright in the VFL.

Yeah I'm waiting on him, Hamling & Hugh Goddard to eventually be picked for a game.

Ringo

Quote from: _wato on May 18, 2015, 10:11:45 PM

Agree with you watto and they were playing a very handy Brisbane side that included Bewick, Harwood, Maguire, Dawson, Hammelman to name a few

jfitty

Steele in this week would be perfect, perhaps for Griffen?

Although I could see him being the sub for a game or two.