The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Another thing, because there is such a shortage of decent downgrade targets, I am contemplating downgrading Lumumba to Lever

Means I go back to having to field 3 def rookies (Ox, Saad, Lever and Tosh all options) but then I can get a prem mid instead, and still have money left over to do another upgrade the week after too possibly

Jay

Might just jump on Shag early.

batt

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 18, 2015, 01:41:29 PM
McInnes as a forward for 160k is also interesting me, but again I don't get a good return on my rookie downgrade if I have to spend an extra 30-40k on guys like Lever and McInnes

Can anyone familiar with the Eagles elaborate on McInnes and why it's taken him 4 years to get a crack in the 22?  Looks OK to stay around till his bye but don't know if he's worth the dough.

PICCOLLO

Lever is the only guy I'm considering of the current playing rookies.  I think it's pretty risky to jump on anyone who hasn't played yet, with the byes not far away.

I can get Rocky without downgrading this week, so that's a lock. Just got to decide on Lever.  ATM I'm 70/30 against

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Jayman on May 18, 2015, 05:33:30 PM
Might just jump on Shag early.

thinking about it but probably be the sub

ants

how is steele going in the 2s or is he injured? do you think he will get games this year? need a mid/fwd rookie!!

colmullet

Quote from: ants on May 18, 2015, 06:21:07 PM
how is steele going in the 2s or is he injured? do you think he will get games this year? need a mid/fwd rookie!!

He's been killing it but tough to break into that Giants team at the moment

kilbluff1985

Quote from: colmullet on May 18, 2015, 06:22:42 PM
Quote from: ants on May 18, 2015, 06:21:07 PM

He's been killing it but tough to break into that Giants team at the moment

and Josh Kelly would be ahead of him

jfitty

I'm at the stage where I'm considering trading Kane Lambert in..

At the moment I have Vandenberg, McKenzie and Nelson on the midfield bench, and a Vandenberg downgrade scares me a little bit since there is no decent rookies. He has been pretty good this year, and his round 13 bye makes him handy during the bye rounds.

Lonie is going to start losing money (BE of 101) and a trade to Lambert opens up a link with Krakouer in the mids, and gives me a little extra since he's only 102k..

This is what it's come to!  :-\

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jfitty on May 18, 2015, 06:50:12 PM

At the moment I have Vandenberg, McKenzie and Nelson on the midfield bench, and a Vandenberg downgrade scares me a little bit since there is no decent rookies. He has been pretty good this year, and his round 13 bye makes him handy during the bye rounds.

Lonie is going to start losing money (BE of 101) and a trade to Lambert opens up a link with Krakouer in the mids, and gives me a little extra since he's only 102k..

I'm thinking about Lambert too

I could downgrade Clark to Lambert, meaning I can swing Lambert and Krak between mids and forwards, and I have Belly at R3 who could be forward coverage in the meantime too

If I did this, I could upgrade Vanders to a premo, then have Krak as Mid E and Belly as Fwd E, with the option of swinging Krak into forwards and Belly to rucks if need be

Tempting...

enzedder

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 18, 2015, 06:52:31 PM
Quote from: jfitty on May 18, 2015, 06:50:12 PM

I'm thinking about Lambert too

I could downgrade Clark to Lambert, meaning I can swing Lambert and Krak between mids and forwards, and I have Belly at R3 who could be forward coverage in the meantime too

If I did this, I could upgrade Vanders to a premo, then have Krak as Mid E and Belly as Fwd E, with the option of swinging Krak into forwards and Belly to rucks if need be

Tempting...
I've thought about Lambert too. Not for this week but with lack of rookies on horizon and so many fwd mid dpp players in my team at 102 k in mids with loophole possibilities he screams pick me.

The_Captain

Do Richmond supporters think he will come straight back in once he is Fit?? Or is he now done for year?

Jroo

Wouldn't come straight back in, he'd have to go back to the VFL first. But I do think he'll be in the team at some stage this season.

Grufflez

Picking up guys like Lambert is pure desperation, maybe you'll get anyway with carrying him and using as loophole until he gets games, but he is so far away you wouldn't want to be carrying to many non playing/cash generating rookies at this point in the season.

Desired7

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 18, 2015, 04:31:32 PM
Another thing, because there is such a shortage of decent downgrade targets, I am contemplating downgrading Lumumba to Lever

Means I go back to having to field 3 def rookies (Ox, Saad, Lever and Tosh all options) but then I can get a prem mid instead, and still have money left over to do another upgrade the week after too possibly

Thought I was the only one who has done that.... I think it's a good move because it allows me to keep oxley for a bit more and hopefully he can score good and also allows me to go mcintosh to selwood leaving me with another 130k. I also think vandenburg could be very usefull in the coming weeks