The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 11, 2015, 11:51:16 PM
Quote from: Woppa15 on May 11, 2015, 10:06:15 PM
Chances of Glenn keeping his spot this week? Lots of quality players to come back into the Suns side this week

68%
Harsh. I say 71.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: _wato on May 12, 2015, 12:03:32 AM
I'm wondering why no more people are thinking of Jed Anderson as a legitimate downgrade option?
Only $166k and has played 3/6 games, with Lewis out for another week and Hodge another 2 weeks away, should be locked in to play the next two weeks, and should get plenty of opportunities, as they will look to rest their other guns such as Mitchell, Langford etc soon enough

Only problem is that he's a sub risk, and as Hawks are 3/3 he may not play until later on in the year when the others come back.. Thoughts?

I think Boekhorst might be a better pick

At 156k he is 10k cheaper, has played 3 games in a row now and with Carlton being pathetic "should" continue to get games put into him.

RaisyDaisy

Ok, so everyone is jumping on McKenzie, and Glenn is an option this week too

After this week, things are looking very bleak in terms of downgrade options, and I need to milk some cows

Lever could be an option next week, but 157k is a hell of a lot for a defender with shaky JS. Stretch is the only other option

I am really starting to wonder if I should do a double downgrade this week (Already have Glenn) and in addition to McKenzie I am thinking Boekhorst

At 156k, he still seems like a better option that Lever - I think he should have better JS and could be handy to have on the mid bench for most of the season

If I do one down and one up this week, which I would like to do I am just concerned that next week when I need to do one down and one up again there wont be anyone I'm confident enough to pick, hence the Boekhorst query

Thoughts?

Capper

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 12, 2015, 03:56:55 PM

After this week, things are looking very bleak in terms of downgrade options, and I need to milk some cows

Lever could be an option next week, but 157k is a hell of a lot for a defender with shaky JS. Stretch is the only other option

I am really starting to wonder if I should do a double downgrade this week (Already have Glenn) and in addition to McKenzie I am thinking Boekhorst

At 156k, he still seems like a better option that Lever - I think he should have better JS and could be handy to have on the mid bench for most of the season

If I do one down and one up this week, which I would like to do I am just concerned that next week when I need to do one down and one up again there wont be anyone I'm confident enough to pick, hence the Boekhorst query

Thoughts?
When is Lambert due back??

He is one i will be looking at when he recovers from his injury. Still $102k and a M/F

FactHunt

Thoughts?

Have been contemplating what to do here... maybe pick the guys that we expect will come on for games later (e.g. Scharenberg types) provided there is sufficient cover (and now that Saad is out, this weakens this move). I might be riding some non-scoring players through the bye rounds.
Or hold off on the upgrades... which I think is a weaker move (points scoring wise) even though it's safer.
I will be busting a gut to field 18 players each bye round, but I don't foresee this being at the expense of my planned upgrades- and with weak/non-existent downgrade options, it's heading towards crunch-time.

MontyJnr

Thoughts?

Are downgrade options really looking that bleak though? You could've said things were looking bleak after Krakouer & Tarrant before Round 5, but then McKenzie & Glenn popped out of nowhere and now everyone has downgrade options again.
For all we know, another kid could come out of nowhere and debut this weekend, score 60-90 and suddenly we have another downgrade option.

I think you might be overthinking things a little. I'd at least wait for teams to see if there are any new players before making a call on Boekhorst.

Bully

There are also many ways to skin a cat, I'll probably be using my Sloane misfortune by grabbing at Stevie J or K.Jack, at least that will enable a Vandenberg to Rocky trade next week.

H1bb3i2d

I'm wondering why no more people are thinking of Jed Anderson as a legitimate downgrade option?
Only $166k and has played 3/6 games, with Lewis out for another week and Hodge another 2 weeks away, should be locked in to play the next two weeks, and should get plenty of opportunities, as they will look to rest their other guns such as Mitchell, Langford etc soon enough

Only problem is that he's a sub risk, and as Hawks are 3/3 he may not play until later on in the year when the others come back.. Thoughts?

Absolutely looking at him. Only raised $20k or so. Wouldn't rely on him to make cash, but you'd think he'll get more games as the year goes on and the Hawks look to rest their older blokes (not so much Langford). Also, during the byes is when teams gives their injured blokes that extra one week off that turns into 2

Jroo

Quote from: Capper on May 12, 2015, 04:09:02 PM

Thoughts?
When is Lambert due back??

He is one i will be looking at when he recovers from his injury. Still $102k and a M/F
Still a while away. Might be back around the byes.

hawkboy80

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 12, 2015, 05:52:08 AM

I think Boekhorst might be a better pick

At 156k he is 10k cheaper, has played 3 games in a row now and with Carlton being pathetic "should" continue to get games put into him.
still not sold on Boekhorst making any real $$

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: hawkboy80 on May 12, 2015, 09:52:43 PM

Not really concerned about his cash generating, but he will clearly make cash as long as he keeps playing

The reason I am interested in him now is that there appears to be a lack of downgrade options over the next couple of weeks, and he might just have good enough JS to be bench coverage and slowly increase in value

Asparagus

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 12, 2015, 10:38:47 PM
Quote from: hawkboy80 on May 12, 2015, 09:52:43 PM

Not really concerned about his cash generating, but he will clearly make cash as long as he keeps playing

The reason I am interested in him now is that there appears to be a lack of downgrade options over the next couple of weeks, and he might just have good enough JS to be bench coverage and slowly increase in value
Slow burner and as you say 'Who else is there?'

Ricochet

redfield

Good news for those who started with him!

tor01doc

Quote from: redfield on May 15, 2015, 02:19:31 PM
Good news for those who started with him!

Not really.

Lose loophole for captain.

OK - if you don't have R/F F/R to swing, it could be a valuable source of 24 1/2 points.