The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 08, 2015, 12:28:12 PM
I've come up with my plan of attack over the next few weeks

Will be going a week early on McKenzie, and don't really mind if he eventually turns into a floating donut

Grabbing a mid this week, then upgrading Tosh next week
Saints next 3 games are all early Saturday games mate. He won't be much use to you as a floating donut, you'd want to back him in to hold his spot

RaisyDaisy

McKenzie and Glenn are the obvious options this week, but do we have any other options over the next few weeks?

Stretch and Lever are the only 2 that come to mind, and I'm not exactly thrilled by their JS

Struggling to find options to milk some cows  :(

Gigantor

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 10, 2015, 10:49:27 PM
McKenzie and Glenn are the obvious options this week, but do we have any other options over the next few weeks?

Stretch and Lever are the only 2 that come to mind, and I'm not exactly thrilled by their JS

Struggling to find options to milk some cows  :(
Below is a list of players under 200k that have played 1 or 2 games. The ones in bold played last round, as you can see its not looking good for downgrade targets in the next couple of weeks! (thanks FF Genie for the info!)

RaisyDaisy

I'm going to need to do a cheap downgrade next week, so it's either going to be Stretch or a floating donut I think  :-\

Chrispy75

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 10, 2015, 11:11:35 PM
I'm going to need to do a cheap downgrade next week, so it's either going to be Stretch or a floating donut I think  :-\

Floating donuts before the bye rounds are a recipe for disaster.  All it takes is a couple of injuries and getting 18 players each round becomes difficult.  Ideally I want 29-30 playing members in my squad.  Not like we are starved of loophole options in those rounds.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Chrispy75 on May 10, 2015, 11:16:45 PM

Floating donuts before the bye rounds are a recipe for disaster.  All it takes is a couple of injuries and getting 18 players each round becomes difficult.  Ideally I want 29-30 playing members in my squad.  Not like we are starved of loophole options in those rounds.

Exactly

I highly doubt I will be going down the path of getting a floating donut

Gigantor

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 10, 2015, 11:21:57 PM
Quote from: Chrispy75 on May 10, 2015, 11:16:45 PM

Exactly

I highly doubt I will be going down the path of getting a floating donut
I don't want to either but I also don't want to have a number of guys like Miller, Krak, Tarrant, Clark sitting on my bench worth 350K+ for long periods of time.

If I were to get a donut in, it would be Steele or Lambert at F8. They are both a chance to play later in the year and leaving Krak at M10/11 offsets the donut a bit

LordSneeze

Lever will be a solid downgrade next week. He will hold his spot for atleast 5-6 weeks.

The problem here is that there are no obvious downgrades that will provide enough cash to do much with
Saad - Still has about 90k to make and wont max out until round 9-10
Oxley -Depending on his score this week will depend if he has more cash to make, A score of 90 will get him to $400k and have about 50k left to make. If he hits 70ish his break even will be 80+. He is tempting to hold in any case as he is scoring better than most premiums in defence.
Mcintosh - Similar to Oxley where what to do will be determined by how well he scores. If he throws in a decent game around the 70 mark he could easily make another 50k over the next 3 weeks. Anything nearer to 50 he will need to be traded. The problem is he will only make $100k as a downgrade to Lever.

batt

Oxley -> Lever will be popular next week if Ox doesn't pull a tonne.  Although I imagine those playing 2 rooks in defense would probably want to keep him, understandably so.

Gigantor

Yeah Lever is worth a look but 157K is probably a bit too much. Brown or Tosh to Lever doesn't give me enough to do anything worth while.

LordSneeze

Quote from: batt on May 11, 2015, 09:56:54 PM
Oxley -> Lever will be popular next week if Ox doesn't pull a tonne.  Although I imagine those playing 2 rooks in defense would probably want to keep him, understandably so.
For me if I was downgrading him, I would be upgrading either Brown to Mcintosh to a premium.
Really wouldn't be wanting to still play 2 rookies on the field if dropping one of the 2 rookie locks.

Woppa15

Chances of Glenn keeping his spot this week? Lots of quality players to come back into the Suns side this week

batt

Quote from: Woppa15 on May 11, 2015, 10:06:15 PM
Chances of Glenn keeping his spot this week? Lots of quality players to come back into the Suns side this week
Fairly decent.  He showed plenty on debut and last week was a down week for the entire team.

Big Mac

Quote from: Woppa15 on May 11, 2015, 10:06:15 PM

68%

_wato

I'm wondering why no more people are thinking of Jed Anderson as a legitimate downgrade option?
Only $166k and has played 3/6 games, with Lewis out for another week and Hodge another 2 weeks away, should be locked in to play the next two weeks, and should get plenty of opportunities, as they will look to rest their other guns such as Mitchell, Langford etc soon enough

Only problem is that he's a sub risk, and as Hawks are 3/3 he may not play until later on in the year when the others come back.. Thoughts?