The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 27, 2015, 07:18:24 PM
I'm hoping 2-3 weeks ;D

Yeah would be great if it was only 2-3.. But will prob play at least 2-3 VFL then sub 1st or so..

5-6 would even be great ;)

Jackross10

I'm a pies supporter but don't know too much about him. Is he a lock to get games in the ones?

Ricochet

Quote from: Jackross10 on April 27, 2015, 08:07:13 PM
I'm a pies supporter but don't know too much about him. Is he a lock to get games in the ones?
If the season so far is anything to go on,  Pies will at least give him a shot

RaisyDaisy

Apparently Henry Schade is a near certainity to debut this week for GC

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 28, 2015, 02:41:07 PM
Apparently Henry Schade is a near certainity to debut this week for GC

Would be great for a nice defensive downgrade to come up soon!

Ricochet

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-05-01/walsh-impressed-patient-with-lever

Coach Phil Walsh believes Jake Lever is edging closer to an AFL debut, but says the developing defender won’t be rushed.

Capper

Quote from: Ricochet on May 01, 2015, 01:34:10 PM
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-05-01/walsh-impressed-patient-with-lever

Coach Phil Walsh believes Jake Lever is edging closer to an AFL debut, but says the developing defender won’t be rushed.
Good, hopefully he comes in around the byes

RaisyDaisy

Might need to go early on a rookie this week

Boekhorst is on the bubble but doesn't interest me at all

Glenn (MID) and McKenzie (DEF/MID) are the two guys I am looking at, and thinking I will grab one this week

McKenzie on the mid bench does interest me opening up DPP with Lumumba and Saad

Thoughts on their JS and would be worth risking a week early if both named this week?

I will look at getting the other one the following week on the bubble if they do well again too

Gigantor

I would take the punt on Glenn
Garlett is now injured
Lonergan, Lemmens didn't do much

Probably only GAJ and Malceski are walk up starters so his JS is looking good is he keeps it up.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Gigantor on May 03, 2015, 09:36:25 PM
Garlett is now injured

Probably only GAJ and Malceski are walk up starters so his JS is looking good is he keeps it up.

Garlett is injured?

RaisyDaisy

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 03, 2015, 09:40:03 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on May 03, 2015, 09:36:25 PM
Garlett is now injured

Garlett is injured?

Not that I read too much into what he says, but Damien Barratt (IDEK if I spelled that wrong) said on the footy show that he was borderline about to be dropped anyway!

Anyway, I'm bringing in Glenn early, because I'll probably want McKenzie too and I'm really keen to make some upgrades!

kilbluff1985

Gigantor

Just read this about GC players in the NEAFL

Aaron Hall responded well after being dropped from the Suns' AFL round five clash, amassing 31 disposals (22 kicks, nine handballs), five marks and a goal.

"He looked like he was the one that was going to break the game open," Fraser said.

Ex-Hawk Mitch Hallahan impressed with his clearance work, finishing with 22 touches (12 kicks, 10 handballs) and a goal.

Forgot about Hallahan but I still think Glenn will be around for a while

Mat0369

I am also looking at Glenn for Salem this week. I am just going to keep stockpiling cash because the guys I want haven't bottomed out in price yet (Gray for example) and my rookies are still making cash. Next week if McKenzie from the Saints looks to be going alright I might turn McIntosh into him.