The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

Quote from: Judd Magic on April 26, 2015, 02:24:10 PM
Better to cull around round 7-8 for when upgrades start.

That is a late start for upgrades. I will be making an upgrade this week after assessing the options after today's games.

Judd Magic

Quote from: AaronKirk on April 26, 2015, 02:41:09 PM

That is a late start for upgrades. I will be making an upgrade this week after assessing the options after today's games.

Not really.

All the guys on Bigfooty traditionally always start upgrades at round 7 when the first lot of cows have fully mooed.

RaisyDaisy

LOL

I guess if that's what BigFooty does, then it has to be right :P

js19

Problem if you have ten cows mooing in unison. Once they start it's hard to shut them up with only two slaughter knives each week...

Judd Magic

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 26, 2015, 02:58:42 PM
LOL

I guess if that's what BigFooty does, then it has to be right :P

Alot of the guys on Bigfooty are damn good supercoachers.

I reckon they would have a better record than most here.

Just saying.....

sammy123

I started upgrading round 4ish last year. Finished 155. So it really doesn't matter how late.

And as for bigfooty. That may be there stratergy. There is top SC'rs on this website too

kilbluff1985

it's never to late or to early for an upgrade

if a solid premo is at a irressistable price why not jump on

it's all about selling rookies high and buying premos low

honza

Give Rocky a few weeks to hit the 500s. It aint always about when your cow is ready. Know your target.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Judd Magic on April 26, 2015, 02:57:21 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on April 26, 2015, 02:41:09 PM

Not really.

All the guys on Bigfooty traditionally always start upgrades at round 7 when the first lot of cows have fully mooed.

Its all relative. Mooing is good and needed but getting premo output ASAP is more critical long term.

Cotch-9

Are than any defenders worth looking at other than whitex

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Cotch-9 on April 26, 2015, 04:09:37 PM

WhiteX, Kelly and Andrews all on the bubble this week

WhiteX hasn't scored well, Andrews doesn't look worthy and Kelly has dodgy JS

I think it's best to upgrade in the backs, not downgrade

Mat0369

Quote from: Cotch-9 on April 26, 2015, 04:09:37 PM

Depending how serious the injury is to Byrne he might be one to look at in a couple of weeks. He was really impressive and I would be bringing him in ahead of Dick. The only issue with that is Yaz will be back from suspension and Buckley is playing really well so that could change that. Sheehan has an injury as well and has been listed 1-2 weeks for the last 5 so who know what is happeneing there.

Personally as a supporter I wouldn't mind Byrne in at HB and you give Docherty, Yaz, Simmo and Bucks more of a run on the wing as it will add some pace and depth to the unit. It would also be great in terms of fantasy with a downgrade target.

doogz

Wait till that 170 is out of cripps system and rocky has gone to a new low.  Will almost be a straight swap in 3 weeks.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: doogz on April 26, 2015, 04:16:27 PM
Wait till that 170 is out of cripps system and rocky has gone to a new low.  Will almost be a straight swap in 3 weeks.

8)

frenzy

can't tell me you guys won't be all over Tarrant this week... rookie priced averaging 120 odd.. yep try and resist Lol.