The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 22, 2015, 06:47:55 PM
I had Tarrant in my side at F6 leading up to rd1 and had to take him out on the Friday night of rd1 when he didn't make the final 22, which I was gutted about, because based off his pre-season numbers based on minimal TOG he can average 70+ quite easily I think

As long as he gets named this week and next, he is a lock for me when on the bubble

As for Krak, I might be getting on this week. I know it's early, but it's calculated for me. He will be sitting at M11, and with DPP that's fine for me. Can use him to loophole if he eventually gets dropped too

Who are you trading out?

RaisyDaisy

If I get Krak this week, I am getting rid of Lonie

I have Bartel to trade, but with no additional funds I need to cull Lonie for Krak early so I can turn Bartel into Goldy

If I don't, and just use the 1 trade on Bartel, then Buddy or Roughy are my only real options (No mids 550k or less that interest me), but my forward line is already stacked and I don't really want either of them right now. Goldy or Sloane are the two I am deciding between, and that requires 2 trades this week to get either of them

Will cull Salem to Tarrant next week if Tarrant looks to have cemented a spot too

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 22, 2015, 07:22:02 PM
If I get Krak this week, I am getting rid of Lonie

I have Bartel to trade, but with no additional funds I need to cull Lonie for Krak early so I can turn Bartel into Goldy

If I don't, and just use the 1 trade on Bartel, then Buddy or Roughy are my only real options (No mids 550k or less that interest me), but my forward line is already stacked and I don't really want either of them right now. Goldy or Sloane are the two I am deciding between, and that requires 2 trades this week to get either of them

Will cull Salem to Tarrant next week if Tarrant looks to have cemented a spot too

Sounds sensible to me, I'm still torn on Goldy vs Bont & Smith.

roti

Think i'll hold this week, might look at

Anderson>Krak if Anderson is still sub/dropped
McGrath> Tarrant if Tarrant can back up his first game

If Anderson can get a starting gig or Tarrant looks like a one off i'll probably just go McGrath > Krak

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on April 22, 2015, 07:24:15 PM

Goldy, Sloane and Smith are the only 3 I would consider

I've decided to go with Goldy for the simple reason that as much I want Sloane, and I really want him, but if I get him it means I will have 6 premo mids, meaning I can only field 2 mid rookies each week, but with CEY, Vanders, Cripps and Heeney all scoring well I actually prefer to field that 3rd mid rookie as they can score better than forward rookies so by moving Belly from R2 to F5 and bringing in Goldy it means I get Belly as cover now, plus can now bench Salem or Clark and field a mid rookie instead

As for Smith, I just think Saad, Tosh and Oxley are all doing good enough to start on field, so I wont get Smith yet

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 22, 2015, 09:37:53 PM
Quote from: Bully on April 22, 2015, 07:24:15 PM

Goldy, Sloane and Smith are the only 3 I would consider

I've decided to go with Goldy for the simple reason that as much I want Sloane, and I really want him, but if I get him it means I will have 6 premo mids, meaning I can only field 2 mid rookies each week, but with CEY, Vanders, Cripps and Heeney all scoring well I actually prefer to field that 3rd mid rookie as they can score better than forward rookies so by moving Belly from R2 to F5 and bringing in Goldy it means I get Belly as cover now, plus can now bench Salem or Clark and field a mid rookie instead

As for Smith, I just think Saad, Tosh and Oxley are all doing good enough to start on field, so I wont get Smith yet

It just occured to me that Krak was upgraded to the list based on a LTI to Frampton who is 3-5 weeks away, a bit risky perhaps?

kilbluff1985

are people going to play Heeney if named? just thinking i rather bench him vs Freo and play Cripps, Netwon and Vandenberg instead

Miller and them all play before Heeney

after the hit i'm just worried he will be sub or late out and playing FReo

tor01doc

I think he is all class. Sure hands, seems to cope with close checking, Rising Star favourite already - on field for me.

Big Mac

Quote from: tor01doc on April 23, 2015, 07:00:14 AM
I think he is all class. Sure hands, seems to cope with close checking, Rising Star favourite already - on field for me.

I can't see him kicking 4 again though...

tor01doc

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 23, 2015, 08:01:27 AM
Quote from: tor01doc on April 23, 2015, 07:00:14 AM

I can't see him kicking 4 again though...

Given the final score will be 3.6.24 to 2.8.20, he'll only need to kick 2.1 and one OOB to ton up.

sammy123

Was just reading that boekhurst aka tweet. His WAFL coach is pushing malthouse for him to be unleashed could be a good downgrade option soon. If he gets his hands on the footy

Ricochet

Quote from: sammy123 on April 23, 2015, 08:59:01 AM
Was just reading that boekhurst aka tweet. His WAFL coach is pushing malthouse for him to be unleashed could be a good downgrade option soon. If he gets his hands on the footy
Would love them to give him a decent crack at it, he can seriously play

RaisyDaisy

Harris Andrews (DEF) named at Full Forward this week and Jake Kelly (DEF) named on ground too

Is anyone considering downgrading Goodes to either of these?

My scenario is that I either trade Lonie to Krakouer, or Goodes to one of these two. If Goodes makes the cut he will continue to lose cash. Lonie has a negative BE so seems silly to trade him, but he isn't projected to make a lot and will most likely be a slow generator, like Jake Neade was.

sammy123

Does anyone have anderson? Will you be trading if you do?

BomberSam

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 23, 2015, 07:00:51 PM
Harris Andrews (DEF) named at Full Forward this week and Jake Kelly (DEF) named on ground too

Is anyone considering downgrading Goodes to either of these?

My scenario is that I either trade Lonie to Krakouer, or Goodes to one of these two. If Goodes makes the cut he will continue to lose cash. Lonie has a negative BE so seems silly to trade him, but he isn't projected to make a lot and will most likely be a slow generator, like Jake Neade was.

Definitely considering a move like that! But which one? We can only hope Goodes is cut tomorrow, then we can loophole him this week with McIntosh while we have a look at Andrews and Kelly.