The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: Bully on April 19, 2015, 09:19:06 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 19, 2015, 09:15:36 PM
Jake Kelly, Harris Andrews and Ciaran Byrne

3 cheap def rookies who played their first games this week

Do we reckon any of them are a chance to string a few games together and replace Goodes at D7/8?

I know WhiteX is the ideal option, but these guys get me much needed cash

Hamling will be named next week I think, he's the pick of the bunch. I'm holding Goodes 1 more week because I expect him to be dropped, I'll then have a good look and make a decision.
Would Fletcher Roberts come in ahead of him?

Asparagus

I would say Hamling is ahead of him.
Big wraps on him.

Asparagus

Kelly from the Crows as a $123k DEF looked ok also.

Jesty

think I will do Goodes to Krak this week if he is named via Saad in the mids. If he gets dropped after that then I have a 107K loophole on the bench which would come in handy. Then next week N Brown to whiteX if he is still around.

Jay

Quote from: Jesty on April 20, 2015, 12:13:09 PM
think I will do Goodes to Krak this week if he is named via Saad in the mids. If he gets dropped after that then I have a 107K loophole on the bench which would come in handy. Then next week N Brown to whiteX if he is still around.
Yep I'm the same as you mate. Considered Gregson, but Krak for 50k cheaper seems the way to go.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Asparagus on April 20, 2015, 11:11:49 AM

Think he was the first rookie debut to ever lay more than 10 tackles in a game!

JS would be dodgy though

frenzy

when is Fraser McInnes gunna get a game. With the injuries the coasters have and he's playing well in the WAFL, surely this is the week.

MontyJnr

Are Krakouer, Whitecross & Tarrant must-haves? They are all on the bubble next week, so would it be worthwhile bringing one of them in this week?

Big Mac

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 20, 2015, 12:31:14 PM
Quote from: Asparagus on April 20, 2015, 11:11:49 AM

Think he was the first rookie debut to ever lay more than 10 tackles in a game!

JS would be dodgy though

Brayshaw would've beaten that if he didn't get subbed off :(

Money Shot

Quote from: MontyJnr on April 21, 2015, 09:10:31 PM
Are Krakouer, Whitecross & Tarrant must-haves? They are all on the bubble next week, so would it be worthwhile bringing one of them in this week?
I'm not sold on any of them yet ... I will probably bring in 2 next week but I'm sure one will spud it up this week it's just trying to guess which one 8)

MontyJnr

Quote from: Money Shot on April 21, 2015, 09:14:56 PM
I'm not sold on any of them yet ... I will probably bring in 2 next week but I'm sure one will spud it up this week it's just trying to guess which one 8)
Yeah I agree, surely at least one will play poorly..

Hoggyz_a_legend

Quote from: MontyJnr on April 21, 2015, 09:22:51 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on April 21, 2015, 09:14:56 PM
Yeah I agree, surely at least one will play poorly..

If I was to choose two, it'd be Krakouer and Tarrant. Unless you have Goodes, Whitecross has played too early for us to downgrade McIntosh/Oxley/Saad.

Capper

I dont know if Whitecross will play full games for the next couple of weeks. He might get a full game now and then.

will be interesting to see if Krakouer holds his spot this weekend

frenzy

You could go a week early and grab Tazza and not miss out if you get other issues this week. Ave.59 from 50 % game time in the NAB and scored 108 ? in a red hot contested game last week. I will bring him in next week for Lamb. Resting the trade finger this week and taking the risk.

RaisyDaisy

I had Tarrant in my side at F6 leading up to rd1 and had to take him out on the Friday night of rd1 when he didn't make the final 22, which I was gutted about, because based off his pre-season numbers based on minimal TOG he can average 70+ quite easily I think

As long as he gets named this week and next, he is a lock for me when on the bubble

As for Krak, I might be getting on this week. I know it's early, but it's calculated for me. He will be sitting at M11, and with DPP that's fine for me. Can use him to loophole if he eventually gets dropped too