The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 19, 2015, 04:07:44 PM
lol he scored 69 last week hows that killing it

I thought he hit the ton but I noticed it was his total score on the season is 113. Still 69 is pretty good for a rookie and he has been realllly good with his control in the wet right now

Samsturmfels

As soon as u trade out a player they score better (Miller).

Gigantor

Quote from: Samsturmfels on April 19, 2015, 04:32:07 PM
As soon as u trade out a player they score better (Miller).
Not Cocky :)

ryanbob0357

Was at the game today and Miller played so well. Unlucky not to break 100 with his two behinds which could have easily been goals with a bit more composure. Definitely not getting rid of him for a bit!

Bully

Quote from: ryanbob0357 on April 19, 2015, 08:05:54 PM
Was at the game today and Miller played so well. Unlucky not to break 100 with his two behinds which could have easily been goals with a bit more composure. Definitely not getting rid of him for a bit!

I watched it on the box and was impressed, glad I hung on.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: ryanbob0357 on April 19, 2015, 08:05:54 PM

This. Scored well in the perfect round to score well in! Could have been even more, a 3 goal game would have been nice.

Will watch Tarrant and Krakouer closely. One will probably come in for Lamb. Not keen on trading out a rookie with cash to make after just 2 games, so if they look good and Lamb doesn't come back in soon, that's the way I'll go.

Got rid of Cockatoo this week and Miller scored well, so my only other cashcow worry is Goodes. Will probably just go to WhiteX, happy to play 2 of Oxley/Saad/McIntosh for another week to get another look.

H1bb3i2d

Just noticed the new points/minute feature in SC. Also noticed that Brayshaw is currently doing better than the likes of Jordan Lewis.

Now, I know that it's easier to have a better ppm with less game time due to fresher legs etc, however, I think he could be a seriously good slow-burn prospect for those that have him and don't need to rely on him playing on the field!

RaisyDaisy

I knew Miller would turn things around :)

He wasn't worth trading, and considering he never got a vest he was worth leaving at M11 to see if things would turn around

All rookies with -BE's and plenty of cash to come

Just Clark with a BE above 0 which is fine

Mat0369

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 19, 2015, 02:52:36 PM
Yeah, Impey seems to be the key here. From what I gather Krak has been pretty determined to make it back to the elite level and has ticked the box with every challenge they set him. I think if he plays well enough they will find a spot for him somewhere.

So the 3 trades I will be considering in a few weeks are Miller to Krak when Krak is on the bubble.

Lonie to Tarrant when Tarrant is on the bubble

Brown to Whitecross if WhiteX is named next week and Brown's injury looks serious.

The downside is I will be down to 24 trades but I will have a bit of cash in the bank and 14 potential keepers with some decent scoring rookies (Ox, Saad, McIntosh, NVB, Heeney, Vanders, Cripps, CEY) and some guys who will be hopefully good to the byes (Salem, Clark, Bellchambers, Hogan)

So I made this post before Bartel got injured. Change in plans. I will only end up grabbing 2 of Tarrant, Krak and WhiteX. I think Tarrant is the one I will miss out on and then I will hopefully make 0 trades for a few weeks

RaisyDaisy

Jake Kelly, Harris Andrews and Ciaran Byrne

3 cheap def rookies who played their first games this week

Do we reckon any of them are a chance to string a few games together and replace Goodes at D7/8?

I know WhiteX is the ideal option, but these guys get me much needed cash

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 19, 2015, 09:15:36 PM

Do we reckon any of them are a chance to string a few games together and replace Goodes at D7/8?

Hamling will be named next week I think, he's the pick of the bunch. I'm holding Goodes 1 more week because I expect him to be dropped, I'll then have a good look and make a decision.

eaglesman

I have 550k in the bank ... How did whitecross actually play?

kilbluff1985

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on April 19, 2015, 09:20:14 PM

I have 550k in the bank ... How did whitecross actually play?

Just ok, but first game back in 2 years so he deserves some slack. I'll be grabbing him next week.

Mat0369

Of those guys this is my thoughts on each

Kelly was in because Cheney was injured, he is probably gone when Cheney is fit again

Andrews was apparently a defender but it looked like he played forward on the weekend. I figured he might be in because Sauce is out, but no Berger and Close and LTI saw him get a gig as the secondary ruck looking at his HO numbers. If Berger comes back in it will be for Andrews so there is too much risk

Byrne has been extremely impressive. He came on as the sub late and was extremely good. With Yaz out I would expect him to start on the field next week and Sheehan will need a few in the VFL, however I wouldn't say he has rock solid JS. I would really like him to play as a Carlton supporter but I don't trust Malthouse. I actually forgot he would be on the bubble but he might be a vest candidate since he actually has some pace and good disposal.

Hamling might be the pick of the cheapies if Morris misses an extended period of time