The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on April 08, 2015, 04:39:52 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on April 07, 2015, 05:19:22 PM
@fantasyfooty: Angus Brayshaw to be managed in 2015: http://t.co/rRnWRFATov. Bernie Vince may take his spot as early as this week. #AFLFantasy #SuperCoach

Think I dodged a bullet, was very close to picking him.

Told you to take it easy on him. Will be a jet, but Roosy doesn't play kids all year making him too risky to pick IMO

justaverage

For those of us that dont have Brayshaw, if he is managed (sub or given a spell every now and then) is he worth getting when on the bubble? Anybody thinking Vandenberg could get the same treatment? I also dont have him thanks to easter camping :P

enzedder

Quote from: justaverage on April 08, 2015, 06:51:14 PM
For those of us that dont have Brayshaw, if he is managed (sub or given a spell every now and then) is he worth getting when on the bubble? Anybody thinking Vandenberg could get the same treatment? I also dont have him thanks to easter camping :P
Vandenberg is 188 cm and solid. Tough as nails debut. I was impressed. No need to manage him based on what I saw.

Big Mac

I think it might be best to avoid Brayshaw for now

VandenBerg on the other hand - I'm confident he will play almost every game. He really set the tone for the pressure on the weekend and having another big body around the contest was great. Really throws his weight around and is a competitive beast. Apparently was heard giving Daniel Cross a blast for taking the wrong option

justaverage

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 08, 2015, 06:58:19 PM

I think it might be best to avoid Brayshaw for now

VandenBerg on the other hand - I'm confident he will play almost every game. He really set the tone for the pressure on the weekend and having another big body around the contest was great. Really throws his weight around and is a competitive beast. Apparently was heard giving Daniel Cross a blast for taking the wrong option
Hmmm gotta decide if I bring him in this week or not. At the moment my mid rookies are Cripps, Cockatoo, Heeney, Touk, Jed and CEY. I would feel more comfortable having 2 trades available for round 3. Hopefully Cripps is dropped or sub to make my decision easy!

ryanbob0357

do we get rid of brayshaw this week if he is dropped? And if so, who do we bring in?

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 08, 2015, 06:44:13 PM
Quote from: Bully on April 08, 2015, 04:39:52 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on April 07, 2015, 05:19:22 PM
@fantasyfooty: Angus Brayshaw to be managed in 2015: http://t.co/rRnWRFATov. Bernie Vince may take his spot as early as this week. #AFLFantasy #SuperCoach

Think I dodged a bullet, was very close to picking him.

Told you to take it easy on him. Will be a jet, but Roosy doesn't play kids all year making him too risky to pick IMO

Yes it does appear that way, thought a strong performance would change the mindset but Roos hasn't deviated from the Swans inspired conservatism. If Cripps goes I think I will just proceed with my Daniel Rich plan, don't see too much sense in picking up Newton or NVB at this stage.

kilbluff1985

Cripps wont go with Thomas out also

Bully

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 08, 2015, 08:28:01 PM

Probably not, happy to wait a week and see how things unfold.

Money Shot

I see Cripps starting as sub so just watch out.

krk004

Quote from: Money Shot on April 09, 2015, 07:43:01 AM

Not the type of player that starts as the sub.

Ricochet

Quote from: krk004 on April 09, 2015, 08:23:41 AM

There arent really sub 'types' any more. Clubs choose subs to suit their needs at that time
Lamb was WCE sub on the wkend, hes not a speedy outside player that would normally be considered a sub type
de Boer was sub for Freo
Smith was sub for Carlton
Howlett for Essendon
de Goey for Pies
Grant for Bullies

etc

krk004

Quote from: Ricochet on April 09, 2015, 09:10:01 AM

There arent really sub 'types' any more. Clubs choose subs to suit their needs at that time
Lamb was WCE sub on the wkend, hes not a speedy outside player that would normally be considered a sub type
de Boer was sub for Freo
Howlett for Essendon
de Goey for Pies
Grant for Bullies

etc

Lamb is an athletic running player - ideal for sub role.

Pure 'inside' midfielder/extractor in Cripps, unlikely to be IMO.

kilbluff1985

Cripps is playing Friday anyway so we can at least bench him if sub and take our chances with Heeney

Ricochet

Quote from: krk004 on April 09, 2015, 09:39:05 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 09, 2015, 09:10:01 AM

de Boer was sub for Freo
Howlett for Essendon
de Goey for Pies
Grant for Bullies

etc

Lamb is an athletic running player - ideal for sub role.

Pure 'inside' midfielder/extractor in Cripps, unlikely to be IMO.
Unlikely because he may not seem as the typical sub 'type'... clubs don't pick them based on type. It's based on needs and team structure. Anything could happen