The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 02, 2015, 03:55:51 PM
Western Bulldogs youngster Caleb Daniel will miss around a month of footy with a torn meniscus

Don't mind this as he becomes a downgrade option, it's not like there's a shortage of forward rookies.

LF

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 02, 2015, 03:55:51 PM
Western Bulldogs youngster Caleb Daniel will miss around a month of footy with a torn meniscus

Damn  :(
Plus side plenty of other forward options

dosstheboss

Lamb & Nelson (WCE) boarded plane to Melbourne

Cam McCarthy, Heeney and Jarrod Garlett (GC midfielder $152K) will all play

Vandenberg and Ahmed Saad elevated from rookie list

RaisyDaisy

Now that McIntosh is clearly going to get a few games, and most of us think Saad should hang around, I am for the first time thinking about rolling the dice with 4 rookies down back

3 Premo's, Goodes at D4 and McIntosh, Saad, Brown and Oxley

It's a little risky, but being able to really bolster up all other lines would be a big advantage I think, and I think we might be able to get away with having all 4 of them for a while

Thoughts?

RaisyDaisy

Even if Oxley or Saad did get dropped, guys like Goddard and Hamling could pop up in a couple of weeks time too. Even WhiteX if you have the cash

I think I'm convincing myself to do it I think lol

Fid

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 03, 2015, 09:49:54 AM
Now that McIntosh is clearly going to get a few games, and most of us think Saad should hang around, I am for the first time thinking about rolling the dice with 4 rookies down back

3 Premo's, Goodes at D4 and McIntosh, Saad, Brown and Oxley

It's a little risky, but being able to really bolster up all other lines would be a big advantage I think, and I think we might be able to get away with having all 4 of them for a while

Thoughts?

Seeing that McIntosh is a gem, I was considering oxley for brown. 

GCSkiwi

I may have issues up front, I seriously thought Titchell was going to get in this year and I'm amazed that he can't get a gig, and Karny also doesn't appear in the best 22. What are peoples thoughts on Tom Lamb? I did a quick search and there's been a little bit of chatter but not a great deal, however he's named in the Weagles team So if I've already got Hogan, Clarke and Salem, who's the next best bet? Membrey and Saad also named but I'll be honest I didn't pay too much attention to any of them during NAB (foolish I know).

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: GCSkiwi on April 03, 2015, 10:25:06 AM
I may have issues up front, I seriously thought Titchell was going to get in this year and I'm amazed that he can't get a gig, and Karny also doesn't appear in the best 22. What are peoples thoughts on Tom Lamb? I did a quick search and there's been a little bit of chatter but not a great deal, however he's named in the Weagles team So if I've already got Hogan, Clarke and Salem, who's the next best bet? Membrey and Saad also named but I'll be honest I didn't pay too much attention to any of them during NAB (foolish I know).

Lamb should play while Darling is out, so should play at least 5-6 games unless he totally stuffs it up, so he's a safe bet for the bench

Saad or Tarrant you can consider too. Membrey's a spud for SC

colmullet

Who would get the nod between Saad or Tarrant up forward guys?

Ricochet

colmullet

Jackross10

Do we all think Miller will get dropped for O'Meara. Not worth starting? Or can he cement his spot?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Jackross10 on April 03, 2015, 10:37:37 AM
Do we all think Miller will get dropped for O'Meara. Not worth starting? Or can he cement his spot?

Locked on my bench. Even if he gets dropped, he cant sit at M11 and I'm confident he wont get dropped and never return again. If he gets dropped he could be back

With the 4 def rookie option, I think I am going to go with it. Goodes at D4 then MicIntosh, Saad, Brown Oxley. I'll take the risk and if one of them get dropped hope that Goddard and Hamling emerge soon anyway, or even WhiteX

I currently have Premo D4, 200k mid M6 and Belly R2

The options I have are

Premo D4/200k mid/Belly vs Oxley/Beams or Danger/Belly vs Oxley/Newton/Goldy and 120k

Bringing in Danger to M6, and already having Cripps locked at M7 means I don't need to spend big on any other expensive 200k mids because Heeney, Vanders, CEY and Miller can fill out M8-11, only needing to field one each week

I can get Beams instead of Danger, but think it would be better to bank the 55k just incase I need it down back

Pretty sure I'm going to do this. Just need to essentially decide if I want Goldy and set and forget rucks, or Danger with a deep mid and no expensive rookies but Belly at R2

RaisyDaisy

I guess one of the things to consider is that the two def rookies could score 40-60 some/most weeks, while the mid rookies could score 70-90 or so and be sitting on my bench, but then again the added premo mid should make up that difference to balance it out I guess?

Pro's and Con's for all options  :-\

DaveElNacho

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 03, 2015, 10:57:29 AM
I guess one of the things to consider is that the two def rookies could score 40-60 some/most weeks, while the mid rookies could score 70-90 or so and be sitting on my bench, but then again the added premo mid should make up that difference to balance it out I guess?

Pro's and Con's for all options  :-\

Haha are those scores based off of Cripps and Mckintosh? ;)
But yeah, you have to take into account the extra points of danger vs goodes.
Backline JS should prob be the biggest concern tbh.

Pro's and con's.