The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honza

Quote from: blackrose on April 01, 2015, 10:36:34 AM
Why is everyone so against Lennon? Best job security + scoring potential of anyone under $200K bar Mitch Clark imo

Pick him then.  8)

kilbluff1985

Money Shot

Is Robbie Tarrant being played down back by north this year?

Fid

Quote from: Money Shot on April 01, 2015, 11:12:32 AM

I believe so

Money Shot

Quote from: Fid on April 01, 2015, 11:13:57 AM

I believe so
Surely a KPD won't score well?
Salem, Clark, hogan, lamb, Karny are the ones for me
Lonie at saints won't get it much and Daniel doesn't even look best 21

Ricochet

Yep he will be mate

DPC

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 01, 2015, 10:23:09 AM
Quote from: Money Shot on April 01, 2015, 09:34:47 AM
Would you guys say the best 5 forwards under 200k are:
Salem, Clark, Hogan, Karny and Lamb?
Is there anyone that could easily be in there!?
Lonie/Daniel perhaps?

These are the forwards I am considering

Salem, Clark, Tarrant, Karny, Hogan, Lamb, Lonie and Daniel.

Membrey, Saad, Lennon, Langford and Laverde don't interest me and I don't think Steele and Krak will play just yet. Lambert in mids

Isn't the issue with Lamb how long he'll get to play before Darling gets back?  A lot will depend on whether Darling has any hiccups in recovery but, from what I understand, he's back training with the main group and he could be back quite a bit earlier than Rd 6 which would be too soon to make reasonable cash.

Ricochet

Quote from: DPC on April 01, 2015, 12:50:25 PM
Lonie/Daniel perhaps?

Membrey, Saad, Lennon, Langford and Laverde don't interest me and I don't think Steele and Krak will play just yet. Lambert in mids

Isn't the issue with Lamb how long he'll get to play before Darling gets back?  A lot will depend on whether Darling has any hiccups in recovery but, from what I understand, he's back training with the main group and he could be back quite a bit earlier than Rd 6 which would be too soon to make reasonable cash.
I wouldn't expect to see Darling earlier than RD6. They'll be super careful with him

honza

Quote from: DPC on April 01, 2015, 12:50:25 PM
Lonie/Daniel perhaps?

Lamb is a utility. If he's in form they'll find a place for him. Darling is irrelevant really. If Lamb doesn't show form over the first 6 weeks he'll get dropped with or without Darling.

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-01/two-cats-in-mix-for-debut?utm_medium=RSS

GEELONG is considering the possibility of unleashing two draftees in the Easter Monday blockbuster against Hawthorn at the MCG.

Coach Chris Scott said both exciting youngster Nakia Cockatoo â€" who thrilled supporters with his dash in the NAB Challenge â€" and South Australian youngster Cory Gregson were both "well and truly" in the selection mix for the season opener.

He said the prospect of having both play was tantalising.

"It would be exciting to have a couple of debutants for round one, I reckon," Scott said.

But he stopped short of confirming their inclusion given the game is five days away.

Scott said Cockatoo's inclusion would depend on his preparation and which combination they thought was needed to beat the Hawks.

But he said it was pretty easy to imagine him adding value to the team.

"We think he [Cockatoo] is going to suit our system pretty well," Scott said.

"We also have a pretty good record in recent history of showing faith in our young players, even if they are relatively unproven.

"He has not played much footy. He is going to be a much, much better player in the future than he is now, but he, along with a few others, we think can help us in the short term too."

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on April 01, 2015, 10:09:06 AM
Tom Bell is rumoured to be one of the two being caught with Clen in their system. If so he'll miss and it opens up a door for Cripps. He's a lock now

If the rumor is legit Cripps should be locked and loaded. I think Walker out this week means he will get a full game and like I said earlier I think Smith had edged out Boekhorst for the role of the sub. I am still pretty shocked that Levi was left out so hopefully Jones is out for Levi next week. White will play the Walker role in the meantime. The best thing for the JS of Cripps is Walker to be out for at least the first 3/4 rounds as it might give him enough time to push out someone else when an inevitable injury hits

The other issue is I only trust 2 rookies right now in terms of job security and they are Van Berlo and Cockatoo. Newton and Heeney are the level below (Heeney mainly due to the Sydney mdifield). Ellis-Yolmen the tier below that and then the rest are a crapshoot and I don't particularly want to start two 200k guys and Cockatoo at 170 odd

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 02, 2015, 02:17:53 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 01, 2015, 10:09:06 AM
Tom Bell is rumoured to be one of the two being caught with Clen in their system. If so he'll miss and it opens up a door for Cripps. He's a lock now

If the rumor is legit Cripps should be locked and loaded. I think Walker out this week means he will get a full game and like I said earlier I think Smith had edged out Boekhorst for the role of the sub. I am still pretty shocked that Levi was left out so hopefully Jones is out for Levi next week. White will play the Walker role in the meantime. The best thing for the JS of Cripps is Walker to be out for at least the first 3/4 rounds as it might give him enough time to push out someone else when an inevitable injury hits

The other issue is I only trust 2 rookies right now in terms of job security and they are Van Berlo and Cockatoo. Newton and Heeney are the level below (Heeney mainly due to the Sydney mdifield). Ellis-Yolmen the tier below that and then the rest are a crapshoot and I don't particularly want to start two 200k guys and Cockatoo at 170 odd
yeh I've resorted to this. I don't see any other way

honza

Quote from: Ricochet on April 02, 2015, 08:38:54 AM
yeh I've resorted to this. I don't see any other way
You have 3 benchies. I'm happy to go in basement price rooks in the mids. That's with 6 low to upper mid premos.

Ringo

Lions have announced Jaden McGrath will be making his debut on Saturday Night, Yet another forwrad option at $117k but suspect he may be wearing the vest,  Need to look at full team when announced later today.

McGrath played all 3 games in the NAB cup although subbed in one.

Money Shot

Quote from: Ringo on April 02, 2015, 09:01:33 AM
Lions have announced Jaden McGrath will be making his debut on Saturday Night, Yet another forwrad option at $117k but suspect he may be wearing the vest,  Need to look at full team when announced later today.

McGrath played all 3 games in the NAB cup although subbed in one.
Did he score well?