The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 31, 2015, 03:40:22 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2015, 02:14:24 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 31, 2015, 01:58:30 PM
Great to get confirmation that Saad and Miller are playing

Saad is a lock. I've got Miller at the moment because I really like what he brings, but he is not a lock just yet - depends on how many other mid rookies get named, but I wont be too upset if I have Miller on the bench

As eaglesman said Lamb is a lock, and if Duggan gets a game then all of a sudden my interest levels in Sheed really spike up

I'm seriously considering Salem at F3 to get all these forward rookies. Will see how things go over the next couple of days

I've had Lambert at M11 all year, and might even keep him there even if he doesn't get named

All comes down to how many mid rookies line up

I'm pretty sure I don't want NVB, and there's something about Newton that has me nervous. Cripps and Sheed are the two 200k rookies I am now interest in. Brayshaw worries me that he could be in and out due to Roos

Brayshaw won't get dropped if he performs, which I fully expect him to do. I see him as having an Ollie Wines impact, he's big bodied and can hit the scoreboard. With so many vanilla types like Michie, Vandenberg & Newton, Brayshaw will stand out like dogs balls. I really hope he slips by unnoticed because at the moment he presents as a real POD.

Vanilla types? Brayshaw and VandenBerg play the same role. Both big bodied mids, both can hit the scoreboard. Vanders NAB performances won't be forgotten. They're fighting for the last spot in the team imo - It will be a line ball call.

Brayshaw will be a very special player for Melbourne, I think many have forgotten or are unaware of the skill set he brings to the table. He's both inside & out, strong overhead, very quick and is a born leader. I think last week's VFL game settled the dispute and I would be shocked if Vanders gets the nod over Gus. 

T Dog

Does anyone have any news on Carlton's M.Dick? Has D/M DPP, potentially handy with Saad .

RaisyDaisy

Karnezis, Daniel, Lonie & Lamb

Let's say all 4 are named this week

What order do we rank them in? Because I would only be able to pick 1 or 2 max

Thinking Lamb and Karnezis, but Lonie and Karny very close and Daniel 4th

Thoughts?

Jackross10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 31, 2015, 04:35:58 PM

Thoughts?

Karnezis, Lamb, Lonie and Daniel I think

GoLions

Quote from: Jackross10 on March 31, 2015, 04:38:20 PM

Thoughts?

Karnezis, Lamb, Lonie and Daniel I think
Sir Daniel of Caleb is a future GOAT

bowyanger

Thoughts?

Lamb and Karnezis Im rolling with

Im expecting Ahmed Saad to be elevated in the next day or so also - havnt got him in yet - would most probably be at the expense of Salem

kilbluff1985

kind of liking the idea of Goodes on the field then Hamling on the bench thinking that one should play each week

makes sense?

Bully

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 31, 2015, 05:01:05 PM
kind of liking the idea of Goodes on the field then Hamling on the bench thinking that one should play each week

makes sense?

Slightly different players, Goodes has more play making ability and could even be positioned on a wing. Hamling is likely to be played in defence if he plays at all.

hawkboy80

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 31, 2015, 05:01:05 PM

makes sense?
+1

Ricochet

If these rumors about Bell are true, lock in Cripps

RaisyDaisy

Really struggling to complete my team now because I don't know what rookie set up to go with, and Carlton playing first followed by a break is making it even harder for me because of Cripps. Everything changes with him in or out of my team - it effects multiple positions for me

Cripps, Sheed, Cockatoo, Heeney, Vandenberg, CEY, Miller, Freeman and Lambert are the guys I cant decide between

Not to mention even Newton, Brayshaw, Anderson and Boekhorst could be options, but those 4 are probably less likely for me (Think Cripps and Sheed have better JS over Newton and Brayshaw, Anderson's JS too risky and Boekhorst doesn't look like a good scorer)

Deciding on where I field Bellchambers is also impacting what mid rookies I select/can afford

Just wish we knew for sure that Cripps was best 22 and would play a lot

Ricochet

lol that would make this game easy mate

just gotta wait and see with team announcements and then back yourself in

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on April 01, 2015, 12:13:10 AM
lol that would make this game easy mate

just gotta wait and see with team announcements and then back yourself in

I think 6:30-7:30 Thurs Night is going to be hectic for me!

Bluesman

RD...I'd be extremely surprised if crisps is not best 22 this year. He has been a summer standout and he will be given every opportunity to prove himself given his high draft pick last year. Pick him with confidence.

meow meow

Cam McCarthy is almost certain to get a gig now that WHE is out for 4-6 weeks. Slight sub risk but this lad is a gun and it could pay off handsomely for anyone willing to take the risk.