The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fid

Quote from: eaglesman on March 31, 2015, 01:04:50 PM
Lamb is a lock for west coast

Lonie/lambert up forward

Simpson and now kennedy have suggested Liam Duggan big chance to debut this week for the Eagles - will be sub but good news for those interested in sheed who is tipped to have a massive year

So we have saad and brown as confirmed rookie backs ... With a bit of luck Mcintosh/hamling/Oxley/Dalgeish/Edwards get up

COME ON ROOKIE RUCK haha

I'm tossing up between lamb or tarrant atm. tarrant has a better JS

Bully

This is quite a predicament for me, can move Lambert forward or back, so it's out of Miller or Lamb, which one would you take?

eaglesman

Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2015, 01:15:05 PM
This is quite a predicament for me, can move Lambert forward or back, so it's out of Miller or Lamb, which one would you take?

I am not convinced on lambert getting a gig yet :/ ... I personally think lamb will be in our eagles side for at least 6 games to start the season but I can't say that about miller with omeara in the wings

kilbluff1985

Miller will average much more then Lamb

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on March 31, 2015, 01:30:46 PM

I am not convinced on lambert getting a gig yet :/ ... I personally think lamb will be in our eagles side for at least 6 games to start the season but I can't say that about miller with omeara in the wings

6 weeks is good, that's 4 prices rises so would gladly accept that.

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 31, 2015, 01:32:42 PM

Miller will average much more then Lamb

Agree but who gets dropped for O'Meara?

RaisyDaisy

Great to get confirmation that Saad and Miller are playing

Saad is a lock. I've got Miller at the moment because I really like what he brings, but he is not a lock just yet - depends on how many other mid rookies get named, but I wont be too upset if I have Miller on the bench

As eaglesman said Lamb is a lock, and if Duggan gets a game then all of a sudden my interest levels in Sheed really spike up

I'm seriously considering Salem at F3 to get all these forward rookies. Will see how things go over the next couple of days

I've had Lambert at M11 all year, and might even keep him there even if he doesn't get named

All comes down to how many mid rookies line up

I'm pretty sure I don't want NVB, and there's something about Newton that has me nervous. Cripps and Sheed are the two 200k rookies I am now interest in. Brayshaw worries me that he could be in and out due to Roos

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 31, 2015, 01:58:30 PM

Saad is a lock. I've got Miller at the moment because I really like what he brings, but he is not a lock just yet - depends on how many other mid rookies get named, but I wont be too upset if I have Miller on the bench

As eaglesman said Lamb is a lock, and if Duggan gets a game then all of a sudden my interest levels in Sheed really spike up

I'm seriously considering Salem at F3 to get all these forward rookies. Will see how things go over the next couple of days

I've had Lambert at M11 all year, and might even keep him there even if he doesn't get named

I'm pretty sure I don't want NVB, and there's something about Newton that has me nervous. Cripps and Sheed are the two 200k rookies I am now interest in. Brayshaw worries me that he could be in and out due to Roos

Brayshaw won't get dropped if he performs, which I fully expect him to do. I see him as having an Ollie Wines impact, he's big bodied and can hit the scoreboard. With so many vanilla types like Michie, Vandenberg & Newton, Brayshaw will stand out like dogs balls. I really hope he slips by unnoticed because at the moment he presents as a real POD.

Toga

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 30, 2015, 08:00:09 PM
Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 30, 2015, 07:56:10 PM
If McIntosh plays, does Astbury knock him straight out in a couple of weeks?

Different player. One is a HBF/wing and the other is a key defender

But Grimes will play KPD behind Rance and Chaplin while Astbury is out, and given his versatility can play on smaller forwards as well once Astbury returns, likely at the expense of someone like Kamdyn.

Chances Lamb could be a sub if he plays?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Toga on March 31, 2015, 02:16:55 PM
Chances Lamb could be a sub if he plays?

I would think very slim

LF

Wouldn't think Lamb would be sub since he is taking Darlings spot down forward.

knighter33

If Lamb is a lock in the forwards,
Who do you guys recommend in regards to Lambert or Steele.

Or do i take both, and ditch Hogan. KPP, struggling side, may struggle to produce. Especially considering how stacked the fwd's are with rookies this year

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: knighter33 on March 31, 2015, 02:35:29 PM

Or do i take both, and ditch Hogan. KPP, struggling side, may struggle to produce. Especially considering how stacked the fwd's are with rookies this year

Cant see Steele playing just yet

The_Captain

Quote from: knighter33 on March 31, 2015, 02:35:29 PM

Which ever one gets a game. Dont think steele will. Lambert should. May not. But Hogan has betetr job security than both!

bowyanger

Quote from: jeesh on March 31, 2015, 06:44:30 AM
Quote from: bottlemart on March 30, 2015, 09:33:00 PM
Waiting to see if Lambert is in Richmond's best 22.  Will know in 2 days.

What about Hawthorn's best 22 taking into account any injuries.  Does Jed Anderson make it, or is he a downgrade target for when and if the Hawks do get injuries.

2014 GF lineup
B Josh Gibson, Brian Lake, Grant Birchall
HB Matt Spangher, Ben Stratton, Luke Hodge
C Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell, Isaac Smith
HF Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Cyril Rioli
F Ben McEvoy, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo
FOL David Hale, Liam Shiels, Shaun Burgoyne
I/C Matt Suckling, Bradley Hill, Will Langford
SUB Taylor Duryea

The only players missing from NAB 3 were Birchall, Spangher, Shiels and Hale so assuming none of the 4 get up for round 1 there should be a spot for Anderson as the sub I fear. Get promoted already Vandenberg!
Frawley comes in for Birchall or Spangher
Duryea is no longer the sub and takes up the other spot in the back line
Ceglar comes in for Hale
Anderson or possibly O'Rourke comes in for Shiels and gets the vest

It will be a bit of a revolving door for 2 or 3 spots for the 1st half of the season at Hawthorn - they have that luxury.

Anderson, Hartung, Litherland, ORourke, Woodward, Simpkin, Scheonmakers, Whitecross, Sicily, Ceglar even Kurt Heatherly could all be walk up starters in most other teams.

Tim OBrien has gone MIA - no idea what the go with him is

These blokes will be no doubt rotating will the old boys (fake injuries inc. - again), getting the young blokes keen with a few games to push the rest of the side.

Anderson would be most likely to be 1st in as a permanent if a mid type player went down with an injury - that's what Im banking on by starting him anyway.

Its a big risk but ya gotta risk it in this game

Big Mac

Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2015, 02:14:24 PM

Brayshaw won't get dropped if he performs, which I fully expect him to do. I see him as having an Ollie Wines impact, he's big bodied and can hit the scoreboard. With so many vanilla types like Michie, Vandenberg & Newton, Brayshaw will stand out like dogs balls. I really hope he slips by unnoticed because at the moment he presents as a real POD.

Vanilla types? Brayshaw and VandenBerg play the same role. Both big bodied mids, both can hit the scoreboard. Vanders NAB performances won't be forgotten. They're fighting for the last spot in the team imo - It will be a line ball call.