The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MontyJnr

When Astbury returns, Grimes is straight out. Grimes is rubbish.

Bully

Quote from: MontyJnr on March 30, 2015, 11:02:04 PM

Big call considering he played 18 matches last year plus an elimination final.

Drak

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 11:08:47 PM
Quote from: MontyJnr on March 30, 2015, 11:02:04 PM

Big call considering he played 18 matches last year plus an elimination final.

You beat me to it Bully

Jroo

Yeah, but harsh on   Grimes there!

jeesh

Quote from: bottlemart on March 30, 2015, 09:33:00 PM
Waiting to see if Lambert is in Richmond's best 22.  Will know in 2 days.

What about Hawthorn's best 22 taking into account any injuries.  Does Jed Anderson make it, or is he a downgrade target for when and if the Hawks do get injuries.

2014 GF lineup
B Josh Gibson, Brian Lake, Grant Birchall
HB Matt Spangher, Ben Stratton, Luke Hodge
C Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell, Isaac Smith
HF Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Cyril Rioli
F Ben McEvoy, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo
FOL David Hale, Liam Shiels, Shaun Burgoyne
I/C Matt Suckling, Bradley Hill, Will Langford
SUB Taylor Duryea

The only players missing from NAB 3 were Birchall, Spangher, Shiels and Hale so assuming none of the 4 get up for round 1 there should be a spot for Anderson as the sub I fear. Get promoted already Vandenberg!
Frawley comes in for Birchall or Spangher
Duryea is no longer the sub and takes up the other spot in the back line
Ceglar comes in for Hale
Anderson or possibly O'Rourke comes in for Shiels and gets the vest

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: jeesh on March 31, 2015, 06:44:30 AM
Quote from: bottlemart on March 30, 2015, 09:33:00 PM
Waiting to see if Lambert is in Richmond's best 22.  Will know in 2 days.

What about Hawthorn's best 22 taking into account any injuries.  Does Jed Anderson make it, or is he a downgrade target for when and if the Hawks do get injuries.

2014 GF lineup
B Josh Gibson, Brian Lake, Grant Birchall
HB Matt Spangher, Ben Stratton, Luke Hodge
C Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell, Isaac Smith
HF Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Cyril Rioli
F Ben McEvoy, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo
FOL David Hale, Liam Shiels, Shaun Burgoyne
I/C Matt Suckling, Bradley Hill, Will Langford
SUB Taylor Duryea

The only players missing from NAB 3 were Birchall, Spangher, Shiels and Hale so assuming none of the 4 get up for round 1 there should be a spot for Anderson as the sub I fear. Get promoted already Vandenberg!
Frawley comes in for Birchall or Spangher
Duryea is no longer the sub and takes up the other spot in the back line
Ceglar comes in for Hale
Anderson or possibly O'Rourke comes in for Shiels and gets the vest

He'll get a number of sub-free games during the year. Hawks won't be playing their premiership 22 every week. Just depends if he gets them early or you have to wait a while to get that good run to make some money.

bottlemart

Thanks for the response jeesh and Hibb.  It looks like Anderson will play some games this year and is right on the cusp of whether he's best 22, to avoid the sub in a full strength hawthorn team may be difficult.  If he's best 21 or even possibly best 22 I will look to start him as I think he has scoring potential.  Will know if he's playing by Saturday, wont know if he's sub until Monday so will have to make a decision by Saturday.  Cheers 

Woppa15

Is Jack Steele's JS more certain now with WHE set to miss 4-6 weeks of footy due to shoulder injury?

Ricochet

Quote from: Woppa15 on March 31, 2015, 12:04:39 PM
Is Jack Steele's JS more certain now with WHE set to miss 4-6 weeks of footy due to shoulder injury?
Steele didn't play NAB3 even with Hoskin-Elliot missing, so I wouldn't have thought so

AaronKirk

Hasn't been mentioned yet on this thread but at the press conference that Rocket had this morning, which confirm Ablett is playing this weekend, he also confirmed that both Miller and Saad will make their debuts against Melbourne.

Torpedo10

Quote from: AaronKirk on March 31, 2015, 12:44:56 PM
Hasn't been mentioned yet on this thread but at the press conference that Rocket had this morning, which confirm Ablett is playing this weekend, he also confirmed that both Miller and Saad will make their debuts against Melbourne.
Miller locked.

Ricochet

Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 31, 2015, 12:49:17 PM
Miller locked.
Also said Jaeger will be back around RD2 (was touch and go this week). I'd be careful with Miller

eaglesman

Quote from: Ricochet on March 31, 2015, 12:54:48 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 31, 2015, 12:49:17 PM
Miller locked.
Also said Jaeger will be back around RD2 (was touch and go this week). I'd be careful with Miller

Yup not convinced with miller

batt

I'm convinced by Miller simply because I like what he brings to the table and Eade probably will too.  Good defensive pressure always makes it easier to get a gig in the senior team.

eaglesman

Lamb is a lock for west coast

Lonie/lambert up forward

Simpson and now kennedy have suggested Liam Duggan big chance to debut this week for the Eagles - will be sub but good news for those interested in sheed who is tipped to have a massive year

So we have saad and brown as confirmed rookie backs ... With a bit of luck Mcintosh/hamling/Oxley/Dalgeish/Edwards get up

COME ON ROOKIE RUCK haha