The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 07:32:14 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on March 30, 2015, 07:24:51 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 07:11:24 PM
Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 30, 2015, 06:56:05 PM
What do people think Tarrant could realistically average playing in defence? Such a poor sample to look at, did well when green vested, did well full game, did poorly then copped a red vest... ahh.

I really don't like Lambert's new defensive forward role, he'll struggle to score too well.

I have my doubts as to whether Lambert gets a game this week, McIntosh looks odds on but I suspect the only other new addition will be Taylor Hunt. This team would be pretty close to the mark.

Morris    Rance     Grimes
Houli    Chaplin    Vlastuin
Ellis      Cotchin    Grigg
Lennon Griffiths   Deledio
Edwards Reiwoldt Knights
Maric, Martin, Miles
Int- Hunt, Conca, McIntosh Lloyd

The only hope for Lambert would be Knights, Lloyd or Lennon making way, it's a line-ball call at this stage.
I reckon he's in for Knights. I've got no idea what's happening with him  :-\

Knights only played one NAB match but to my knowledge he's injury free. He scored 71 in that match from 77% game time. He may well be eased into the action however his time will come soon enough.

Watching the round table on Fox Footy the other night they were saying that Morris could well play as a defensive forward.

If this is the case does this change the likely best 22 for Richmond?

Jroo

Oh yeah must've missed Morris.
Bully may not think he's best 22, but Dimma will play him.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: AaronKirk on March 30, 2015, 07:38:32 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 07:32:14 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on March 30, 2015, 07:24:51 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 07:11:24 PM
Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 30, 2015, 06:56:05 PM
What do people think Tarrant could realistically average playing in defence? Such a poor sample to look at, did well when green vested, did well full game, did poorly then copped a red vest... ahh.

I really don't like Lambert's new defensive forward role, he'll struggle to score too well.

I have my doubts as to whether Lambert gets a game this week, McIntosh looks odds on but I suspect the only other new addition will be Taylor Hunt. This team would be pretty close to the mark.

Morris    Rance     Grimes
Houli    Chaplin    Vlastuin
Ellis      Cotchin    Grigg
Lennon Griffiths   Deledio
Edwards Reiwoldt Knights
Maric, Martin, Miles
Int- Hunt, Conca, McIntosh Lloyd

The only hope for Lambert would be Knights, Lloyd or Lennon making way, it's a line-ball call at this stage.
I reckon he's in for Knights. I've got no idea what's happening with him  :-\

Knights only played one NAB match but to my knowledge he's injury free. He scored 71 in that match from 77% game time. He may well be eased into the action however his time will come soon enough.

Watching the round table on Fox Footy the other night they were saying that Morris could well play as a defensive forward.

If this is the case does this change the likely best 22 for Richmond?

It would really open up a spot for McIntosh. However, you really need your defensive forwards to be able to hit the scoreboard, and I don't really see Moz being able to do that. If you're just being 100% tagged as a defender you can just do as you want and not even worry about defending your man, which really makes your life easier.

Bully

Quote from: JROO8 on March 30, 2015, 07:40:10 PM

Morris is in the back pocket, no chance he plays as a forward, that's just NAB shenanigans. We don't have anyone else to do that job either. 

H1bb3i2d

If McIntosh plays, does Astbury knock him straight out in a couple of weeks?

Mat0369

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 30, 2015, 07:56:10 PM

Different player. One is a HBF/wing and the other is a key defender

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 30, 2015, 08:00:09 PM

Different player. One is a HBF/wing and the other is a key defender

Cheers. Thought he was more a 3rd tall type.

Bully

Don't know to be honest, they're different types but you never know how the match-ups will be viewed. Astbury is definitely best 22, no question in my mind. The fall guy will probably be one of Lennon or McIntosh, both players have performed strongly in the preseason and both bring a decent amount of run and carry. This of course discounts injury and poor form from all the others selected, so he may well hold his place. There's also Petterd waiting in the wings and Dimma loves him, therefore the pressure is on all these guys to perform from the get go.

Mat0369

I came up for this as the best 22 after the North game in the NAB as an outsider.

Vlastuin      Rance     Grimes/Astbury
Houli        Chaplin       Ellis
Hunt (tag)   Miles        Grigg
Lids           JRoo         Edwards
Morris         Vickery     Griffiths
Maric          Cotchin     Martin

Conca Petterd One of six guys Lloyd (sub)

With Astbury injured he is out, I wasn't sure if both Ricky Bobby and Hunt play but you would think there might be one or two spots up for grabs. Ellis to the wing and McIntosh to HB would make the most sense and if Petterd is out you would think Lennon/Lambert gets that spot.

eaglesman

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 03:53:30 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 30, 2015, 03:50:24 PM
I know the kid is all class, but we also know that Roosy eases kids in, so I'd be worried that he could get rested and be in and out

If he gets picked he's in my side, I honestly can't see him getting dropped if gets the opportunity. Forget your Newton's, this lad is the real deal.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 30, 2015, 08:10:31 PM
I came up for this as the best 22 after the North game in the NAB as an outsider.

Vlastuin      Rance     Grimes/Astbury
Houli        Chaplin       Ellis
Hunt (tag)   Miles        Grigg
Lids           JRoo         Edwards
Morris         Vickery     Griffiths
Maric          Cotchin     Martin

Conca Petterd One of six guys Lloyd (sub)

With Astbury injured he is out, I wasn't sure if both Ricky Bobby and Hunt play but you would think there might be one or two spots up for grabs. Ellis to the wing and McIntosh to HB would make the most sense and if Petterd is out you would think Lennon/Lambert gets that spot.

When Astbury returns I think Chappy will play the back flank role, he's pretty versatile where that's concerned. Grimes potentially still has a role in the side unless he has a nightmare game, I think he's earned enough credits so far in his career. So it really comes down to the new batch, Lennon, McIntosh, Hunt, Lloyd and potentially Lambert. To my mind none of those players have cemented positions and anyone could be dropped when Dave recovers from his stingray wounds.

RaisyDaisy

Surely Chris Knights isn't a walk up starter?

I'd have a few fringe guys ahead of him

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 30, 2015, 08:49:57 PM
Surely Chris Knights isn't a walk up starter?

I'd have a few fringe guys ahead of him

Knights brings a fair amount of class to the side when fit, the big question is whether he's had enough match practice and it may well be decided that he spends a week or two in the reserves. I was surprised he only played 1 match in the NAB cup, haven't heard anything untoward. In any case, there's a fair amount of pressure on these blokes to perform and I would say that any could get the chop over the next few rounds.

Jroo

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 07:51:03 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on March 30, 2015, 07:40:10 PM

Morris is in the back pocket, no chance he plays as a forward, that's just NAB shenanigans. We don't have anyone else to do that job either.
Oh yeah, my bad.
I hope so, can't stand to see him there. But Dimma will play him there, he'll got to Yaz IMO.

bottlemart

Waiting to see if Lambert is in Richmond's best 22.  Will know in 2 days.

What about Hawthorn's best 22 taking into account any injuries.  Does Jed Anderson make it, or is he a downgrade target for when and if the Hawks do get injuries.