The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackross10

Quote from: YoungGun on March 30, 2015, 03:55:51 PM
Given that McIntosh doesnt seem to have great JS, does Keefe going out suspended make Oxley all of a sudden the better pick for backline bench? I think it might

Would certainly boost his chances. But Reid/Brown/Frost are all ahead of him still I would think.

YoungGun

Quote from: Jackross10 on March 30, 2015, 03:57:15 PM
Given that McIntosh doesnt seem to have great JS, does Keefe going out suspended make Oxley all of a sudden the better pick for backline bench? I think it might

Would certainly boost his chances. But Reid/Brown/Frost are all ahead of him still I would think.

is Reid fit?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: YoungGun on March 30, 2015, 03:59:52 PM
is Reid fit?

Doesn't really matter. If he is, it wont be too long before he isn't again :P

Bully

Both Oxley and Karnezis must come into the frame now, I'm tempted to pick the burnman if he's selected.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 04:06:13 PM

Both Oxley and Karnezis must come into the frame now, I'm tempted to pick the burnman if he's selected.
I actually think they need to play Karny. He might not play great every week but he gives them something different in that poor forward line.

Bully

Quote from: Bones Bombers on March 30, 2015, 04:08:59 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 04:06:13 PM

I actually think they need to play Karny. He might not play great every week but he gives them something different in that poor forward line.

Agree, his preseason hasn't been too shabby either. He played a good game against Richmond reserves and kicked 3 goals in a NAB challenge match (then got dropped after one average showing). Surely now with Thomas gone he gets a gig.

Jroo

@FantasyFreako: Ben McGlynn has suffered a hamstring injury and is out for Round 1. Heeney a lock to debut now. via @neilcordy #AFLFantasy #SuperCoach

YoungGun

Karny was also named in the best in their VFL match last thursday, was a pretty one sided win for them but still has to mean something. Bucks also said after the dogs match that for that coming game would mean a lot in regards to the fringe spots left in the 22

Quote from: JROO8 on March 30, 2015, 04:14:53 PM
@FantasyFreako: Ben McGlynn has suffered a hamstring injury and is out for Round 1. Heeney a lock to debut now. via @neilcordy #AFLFantasy #SuperCoach

hmm that spices things up, hammy could only be a 3 -5 weeker though

Samsturmfels

just wondering, whats the situation with Gault?
any way he can be upgraded off the rookie list, surely he should be upgraded for one of thomas or keefe (even though its a suspension)

Ricochet

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 30, 2015, 05:11:04 PM
any way he can be upgraded off the rookie list, surely he should be upgraded for one of thomas or keefe (even though its a suspension)
Think Pies already have a spot open with Macaffer on the LTI list

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on March 30, 2015, 05:16:42 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 30, 2015, 05:11:04 PM
Think Pies already have a spot open with Macaffer on the LTI list

Yep, and Gault is a near lock to get it

H1bb3i2d

What do people think Tarrant could realistically average playing in defence? Such a poor sample to look at, did well when green vested, did well full game, did poorly then copped a red vest... ahh.

I really don't like Lambert's new defensive forward role, he'll struggle to score too well.

Bully

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 30, 2015, 06:56:05 PM
What do people think Tarrant could realistically average playing in defence? Such a poor sample to look at, did well when green vested, did well full game, did poorly then copped a red vest... ahh.

I really don't like Lambert's new defensive forward role, he'll struggle to score too well.

I have my doubts as to whether Lambert gets a game this week, McIntosh looks odds on but I suspect the only other new addition will be Taylor Hunt. This team would be pretty close to the mark.

Morris    Rance     Grimes
Houli    Chaplin    Vlastuin
Ellis      Cotchin    Grigg
Lennon Griffiths   Deledio
Edwards Reiwoldt Knights
Maric, Martin, Miles
Int- Hunt, Conca, McIntosh Lloyd

The only hope for Lambert would be Knights, Lloyd or Lennon making way, it's a line-ball call at this stage.

Jroo

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 07:11:24 PM

I have my doubts as to whether Lambert gets a game this week, McIntosh looks odds on but I suspect the only other new addition will be Taylor Hunt. This team would be pretty close to the mark.

Edwards Reiwoldt Knights
Maric, Martin, Miles

The only hope for Lambert would be Knights, Lloyd or Lennon making way, it's a line-ball call at this stage.
I reckon he's in for Knights. I've got no idea what's happening with him  :-\

Bully

Quote from: JROO8 on March 30, 2015, 07:24:51 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 07:11:24 PM

Edwards Reiwoldt Knights
Maric, Martin, Miles

I reckon he's in for Knights. I've got no idea what's happening with him  :-\

Knights only played one NAB match but to my knowledge he's injury free. He scored 71 in that match from 77% game time. He may well be eased into the action however his time will come soon enough.