The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

I wouldn't say that Vandenberg is doubtful, but I think Brayshaw's performance on the weekend didn't exactly help

We'll just have to wait to see what team Roo's puts up on Thursday night

Heeney will play for Sydney, we all know that, but I wouldn't say he is a certainty for this week just yet, although it's looking promising

bottlemart

Thanks Rico and RD.  So if VDB starts for the Dees, whet are your thoughts on putting VDBerg in front of Newton and using $95k on an upgrade elsewhere, or is Newton a much better option.

RaisyDaisy

With so many potential cheap/rookie forwards being a strong possibility to line up rd1, I'm considering moving Swan to M6 (due to the lack of good mid rookies) which would move Salem from F4 to F3  :o

Guys like Boekhorst, Smith etc could line up, but I don't want them and if guys like Cripps and Vandenberg don't even play then that makes it even a stronger possibility

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: bottlemart on March 30, 2015, 12:28:49 PM
Thanks Rico and RD.  So if VDB starts for the Dees, whet are your thoughts on putting VDBerg in front of Newton and using $95k on an upgrade elsewhere, or is Newton a much better option.

I'd wait til teams first before I make a call on that

Newton concerns me because he really could be the Viv Michie of 2015

Just have to wait and see the team sheet

Ricochet

If both start without a vest, then grab both mate.

bottlemart

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 30, 2015, 12:33:18 PM

Yeah I got burned by Viv last year, had to corrective trade him out early, so waste of trade.

Cheers, will wait for teams

Bully

I think I would pick Cocky ahead of Newton, it certainly smells of Viv Michie and is just too big of an investment to take such a  risk. 

bottlemart

Quote from: Ricochet on March 30, 2015, 12:38:28 PM
If both start without a vest, then grab both mate.
Cheers Rico, will do

bottlemart

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2015, 12:39:06 PM

Fair point bully.  Cockatoo looks good, and good JS.  The only reason I haven't got him atm is he while he looks great with his pace, his overall numbers may be lower, potentially meaning lower scores, but having said that, he may be like Cyril where he can score well from fewer possessions.

I think I would pick Cocky ahead of Newton, it certainly smells of Viv Michie and is just too big of an investment to take such a  risk.

Bully

Cocky will be fine given he's a tackling machine, in 2013 he finished third at the carnival for tackles (5.9 avg.), he also has a contested possession ratio of 60%, these are truly elite numbers and puts him into the realms of a Patrick Dangerfield. If Scott wants to play him in the midfield then that's a real positive, he may get the vest from time to time but we have 3 on the bench now so that can be covered. 

_wato

How many people are not going with NVB?

Rusty00

Quote from: _wato on March 30, 2015, 01:06:55 PM
Very unlikely I'll be starting with him.

nperera95

Me. Ive gone with Cripps, Sheed, Newton and Cockatoo as my mid 'premo' rookies

eaglesman

Haven't looked at his name for 2 months

honza