The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: nperera95 on March 29, 2015, 10:29:50 AM
Thoughts on Dom Sheed? Priced at $214. Played 10 games last year but the vest restricted this scoring ability. Will he be able to avoid the vest this season?

I think he should get more game time this year, and could be in the team from rd1, but I'd be pretty confident that he is still going to get his fair share of vests

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 29, 2015, 10:38:00 AM
Quote from: nperera95 on March 29, 2015, 10:29:50 AM
Thoughts on Dom Sheed? Priced at $214. Played 10 games last year but the vest restricted this scoring ability. Will he be able to avoid the vest this season?

I think he should get more game time this year, and could be in the team from rd1, but I'd be pretty confident that he is still going to get his fair share of vests

Currently in my side

RaisyDaisy

Not worried about him being sub bait?

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-29/eagles-set-for-early-debut

WEST Coast draftees Liam Duggan, Tom Lamb and Jackson Nelson could all make their AFL debuts in the first month of the season, according to Eagles coach Adam Simpson.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on March 29, 2015, 02:35:33 PM

WEST Coast draftees Liam Duggan, Tom Lamb and Jackson Nelson could all make their AFL debuts in the first month of the season, according to Eagles coach Adam Simpson.

Lamb will line up rd1

Can only see Duggan getting a game if Sheed spuds up and cant see Nelson fitting in yet

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 29, 2015, 02:37:05 PM

Lamb will line up rd1

Can only see Duggan getting a game if Sheed spuds up and cant see Nelson fitting in yet

Can't see Duggan getting a game myself, neither Nelson - although  the suggestion of this must mean that Schofield isnt quite right

... And no I am not worried about sheed for the sub ... Absolutely loved how he looked in nab 3, looks so fit and used it well ... I like how the coach and Priddis have come out and spoke really highly of him and he delivered in nab 3

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: eaglesman on March 29, 2015, 02:58:25 PM
... And no I am not worried about sheed for the sub ... Absolutely loved how he looked in nab 3, looks so fit and used it well ... I like how the coach and Priddis have come out and spoke really highly of him and he delivered in nab 3

I agree Eman, but who do we think will start sub and get the red vest most weeks?

That's where I cant seem to find many players after Sheed

LF

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 29, 2015, 02:37:05 PM

Lamb will line up rd1

Can't see Duggan getting a game myself, neither Nelson - although  the suggestion of this must mean that Schofield isnt quite right

Yeah I reckon Sheed won't be sub,looked great in NAB and hasn't put a foot wrong all preseason,should get a decent run this year.

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 29, 2015, 03:01:08 PM

I agree Eman, but who do we think will start sub and get the red vest most weeks?

That's where I cant seem to find many players after Sheed

Ok I could see a lamb(although he is a darling replacement think he is a patch player), sheppard or Bennell or Ellis when he is back, Cripps Rosa ... Potentially Selwood interrupted preseason ... Wellingham(I would rather sheed). Ruckman ?

Might be talking myself into it but I am
Kinda thinking sheed is a chance to break into our top 4 midfielders

frenzy

imo. McInnes is the best of these and don't getta mention? Maybe 2nd best behind Lamb.

honza

Quote from: frenzy on March 29, 2015, 03:40:20 PM
imo. McInnes is the best of these and don't getta mention? Maybe 2nd best behind Lamb.

It's all role. If another big man goes down then McInnes is a lock, don't even need to think about it.

Ricochet

Ben Guthrie ‏saying that he expects Vince and Howe to play RD1 after training strongly this morning. And then also said Brayshaw and VandenBerg are in the mix

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-30/finally-hogan-to-debut

Demons confirm Jesse Hogan will debut against Gold Coast

batt

Damn, VB is exactly the type of player I'd have penned in if I was Roos.  Really hope he gets a gig R1.

Rusty00

The discussion has been had about Cripps and Newton being named as sub for Rd.1 and the consensus is you wouldn't pay over 200k for a rookie who is named sub Rd.1

What about Vandenburg though? I'm not sure there is going to be enough of the cheap midfield rookies to pass him up even if he is named sub Round 1?

Thoughts?

kilbluff1985

based on price would still pick Vandeberg