The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammy123

I reckon he will play need more players like him

H1bb3i2d

The only reason he wouldn't play for Casey is if a) he's injured or b) he's in the Dees' plans for round 1. Haven't heard any injury concerns, so that leaves the latter. :)

Jackross10

Any chance Dalgleish gets games? Even if there are no bans?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Jackross10 on March 28, 2015, 12:18:21 PM
Any chance Dalgleish gets games? Even if there are no bans?

Would have to have pretty dodgy JS if he did you'd assume

Big Mac

Just thought i'd mention that VandenBerg is playing in the VFL right now

The_Captain

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 28, 2015, 02:21:52 PM

Any idea as to how is he going?

Big Mac

Quote from: The_Captain on March 28, 2015, 02:28:27 PM

Not a standout performance - done some nice things but has gone under the radar a bit. Missed a goal from right out in front too

Brayshaw is BOG so far - kicked 2 already

Torpedo10

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 28, 2015, 02:49:48 PM

Not a standout performance - done some nice things but has gone under the radar a bit. Missed a goal from right out in front too

The VFL season has started already?

Bully

Brayshaw is a gun, would seriously consider picking him if he gets a surprise call-up.

Big Mac

Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 28, 2015, 02:54:35 PM

The VFL season has started already?

Just a practice match

The_Captain

Brayshaw  better player... But he costs that extra 100k. Could go both if it warrants it but !

Bully

Quote from: The_Captain on March 28, 2015, 03:09:42 PM
Brayshaw  better player... But he costs that extra 100k. Could go both if it warrants it but !

I currently have Steven at M4 & Wells at M5, would be happy enough to go with JPK & Brayshaw if he makes the cut. For my money he's good for an 80 average, watched him play some outstanding footy for the AIS early last year against a very strong Collingwood reserves side and he dominated. It's rare to get a player of Brayshaw's size being able to run a 2.82sec/20m sprint, not to mention he's a brilliant player on both sides of his body. I mentioned at draft time he was my clear number 1 pick so I would back him to make an impact if he gets a call-up.   

Big Mac

iirc it took Salem about 6 solid performances before he got the call up to AFL - I'm guessing Roos will make Brayshaw do the same

The_Captain

Quote from: Bully on March 28, 2015, 03:21:32 PM

I currently have Steven at M4 & Wells at M5, would be happy enough to go with JPK & Brayshaw if he makes the cut. For my money he's good for an 80 average, watched him play some outstanding footy for the AIS early last year against a very strong Collingwood reserves side and he dominated. It's rare to get a player of Brayshaw's size being able to run a 2.82sec/20m sprint, not to mention he's a brilliant player on both sides of his body. I mentioned at draft time he was my clear number 1 pick so I would back him to make an impact if he gets a call-up.

He's in the right side to get early game ;)

nperera95

Thoughts on Dom Sheed? Priced at $214. Played 10 games last year but the vest restricted this scoring ability. Will he be able to avoid the vest this season?