The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

I keep hearing that there are a heap more fwd rookies to choose from, yet I'm struggling to see where these are?

Salem, Clark, Hogan, Lambert. That's 4 that I expect everyone to have, but what next? Do Lamb and Lonie score well enough to be considered at F8, because Lambert is M/F so I was thinking of having him at M11 which opens up another rookie spot.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Ricochet

Quote from: PowerBug on March 25, 2015, 02:05:58 PM
I keep hearing that there are a heap more fwd rookies to choose from, yet I'm struggling to see where these are?

Salem, Clark, Hogan, Lambert. That's 4 that I expect everyone to have, but what next? Do Lamb and Lonie score well enough to be considered at F8, because Lambert is M/F so I was thinking of having him at M11 which opens up another rookie spot.
I reckon Lamb is worthy of D8, and we'll see Karny there RD1. He missed NAB3 with a bit of soreness

But the fwd rookies have dropped off a bit. Kraks still needs to be upgraded and didn't play NAB3 which is a concern. Steele also missed NAB3. So wouldn't expect those two to be named. There's also CDaniel, Saad and Membrey but not sold on the last two with their scoring ability

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: PowerBug on March 25, 2015, 02:05:58 PM

People see a cheap guy playing NAB and flock all over them.

Many of them are fringe at best, which means they'll be in and out when they're not copping vests.

Have the 4 you mentioned in my forward line and that's it. Think there are plenty of great premiums in the forward line and better rookies in the midfield.

nperera95

Any update on Shane Biggs? Was injured last time i heard but wasn't too sure what injury it was and how long he was/is out for

sammy123

Quote from: nperera95 on March 25, 2015, 08:01:32 PM
Any update on Shane Biggs? Was injured last time i heard but wasn't too sure what injury it was and how long he was/is out for

Bone bruising in his knee. Then a hammy problem. Will be eased in mate. Round 3-4

nperera95

Quote from: sammy123 on March 25, 2015, 08:29:37 PM
Bone bruising in his knee. Then a hammy problem. Will be eased in mate. Round 3-4

Ahh bugger!

Bones Bombers

Quote from: nperera95 on March 25, 2015, 08:34:54 PM
Quote from: sammy123 on March 25, 2015, 08:29:37 PM

Ahh bugger!
A downgrade after 2 good games will be handy around Rd6/7.

nperera95

SydneyRox

dicko_

What do people reckon about Dom Sheed? Haven't really seen any mention of him in relation to the 200k rookie mids, so does that mean that he is miles behind NvB as the fourth best option in there?

Averaged 72 through the NAB, which seems solid enough for that sort of price. I know he was sub a lot last year, so is that the reason he isn't being considered? Is he still a fringe player at the eagles?

YoungGun

Quote from: dicko_ on March 25, 2015, 10:13:33 PM
What do people reckon about Dom Sheed? Haven't really seen any mention of him in relation to the 200k rookie mids, so does that mean that he is miles behind NvB as the fourth best option in there?

Averaged 72 through the NAB, which seems solid enough for that sort of price. I know he was sub a lot last year, so is that the reason he isn't being considered? Is he still a fringe player at the eagles?

worse JS than NVB and hasnt pulled as good a scores as others in that range probably why

Ricochet

Quote from: YoungGun on March 25, 2015, 10:24:22 PM
Quote from: dicko_ on March 25, 2015, 10:13:33 PM

worse JS than NVB and hasnt pulled as good a scores as others in that range probably why
Reckon his JS is pretty decent. Just a poor DT/SC ratio when it comes to scoring

eaglesman

I think sheed is in for a big year ... Been talked up by Priddis and since then Simpson has come out and declared he is a certain starter for round 1 ...

I have Cripps ATM but if he does t get named sheed will be in for mine

Bully

Just going over the stats from the NAB Cup and some interesting findings emerged.

Jack Lonie - 69 avg from 71% TOG (played 3 games)

He's not your sub type either and small forwards in weak teams generally hold their spot, I can't see too much competition down at the Saints.

Jesse Hogan - 50 avg from 74% TOG (played 3 games)

I don't think he's an absolute lock if Lonie is named, granted he has JS but let's not forget we don't have to hang onto these guys all year.

Rusty00

Quote from: Bully on March 26, 2015, 02:37:30 PM
Just going over the stats from the NAB Cup and some interesting findings emerged.

Jack Lonie - 69 avg from 71% TOG (played 3 games)

He's not your sub type either and small forwards in weak teams generally hold their spot, I can't see too much competition down at the Saints.

Jesse Hogan - 50 avg from 74% TOG (played 3 games)

I don't think he's an absolute lock if Lonie is named, granted he has JS but let's not forget we don't have to hang onto these guys all year.
The problem with Lonie is what happens when Billings returns from injury ???