The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: Spite on March 24, 2015, 02:18:15 AM
Quote from: meow meow on March 24, 2015, 02:13:42 AM
Quote from: Bully on March 24, 2015, 01:50:29 AM
Big day tomorrow, could be the answer to many back line woes.

What's so special about tomorrow?

Final day for rookie upgrades, so hes hoping goodes gets the nod

Just like players scoring less because their team loses, this one is another myth.

Tomorrow (today) might be the final day for nominated rookies to be upgraded, but not rookies upgraded due to a LTI spot opening up on the senior list. That can happen any time up until the team is named on the thursday of that week.

Mat0369

And since Libba will be a long term injury it means anyone can get that spot

meow meow

Teams without their full quota of 40 senior listed players can upgrade one rookie for the entire season as a nominated rookie. Collingwood will do this with Frost. Goodes can be upgraded as late as thursday next week since he is a LTI upgrade. If Libba makes a miraculous recovery in 6 weeks Goodes would be back on the rookie list. Frost doesn't have to deal with this.

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 24, 2015, 01:37:11 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 24, 2015, 01:25:04 AM
Yeh but are there even enough rookies to do it? Excluding Goodes, there's McIntosh who has vest written all over him if he even makes their 22, NBrown locked in for JS reasons, Saad locked, and then who else? Could you really field Hamling?

Lets look at it this way, I am picking Brown to play when someone like McIntosh gets the vest (which I think will go to Lloyd early). I will take the 40-50 from Brown and also field Hamling when I have to for roughly the same. I think I would prefer those scores which would be 20-30 points less then Macmillan and I can use the cash (147k from Macmillan to Hamling) which I can use elsewhere to maybe turn NVB into Wells who I trust more
yeh definitely take MacMillan out, he's not a good pick. But I guess it depends what you do. For me its a rookie at D5 vs a rookie in the fwd line and I definitely won't be trusting a rookie at D5.  There's also the issue of cash generation. Since they'll struggle to make much of their own, you'll need others do to it elsewhere for, for two spots rather than one. Add in js concerns and it's too risky for me

eaglesman

Byrne any chance ?

I am considering fielding 2 rookies myself -

sammy123

Defence has been hard to choose but i went with 5 guys i reckon can average close to 100 in

Shaw,gibbo,taylor,newnes and lumumba

With saad taking D6

With brown at D7 and hamling at D8.

But whoever is named at rd 1 out of hamling mcintosh or goddard will be my d8

If they play 1 game then are dropped they can be my loophole

sammy123

What about matthew dick from carlton.

Played every NAB game. Might not average a heap.

But playing every NAB game is a sign he is in contention

RaisyDaisy

Everyone would love to field rookies at D5 and D6, but honestly it's just wishful thinking

Saad and N Brown are the only two who should have solid JS, then like Sammy said put one of McIntosh, Hamling, Goddard etc at D8

We are going to have to spent 245k+ on D5

The_Captain

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 24, 2015, 10:36:31 AM
Everyone would love to field rookies at D5 and D6, but honestly it's just wishful thinking

Saad and N Brown are the only two who should have solid JS, then like Sammy said put one of McIntosh, Hamling, Goddard etc at D8

or 450 k  8)

Drak

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 24, 2015, 10:36:31 AM

Thats what Ive had to go with Daisy. sub 300k at both D4 and D5. Both with new found job security thanks to injuries and the like. Im sure most others are on them too. Both capable of 80-100 scores. Especially if kept to their NAB roles. Which is entirely likely with current team set up. Both will earn enough that by the time their spots are in jeopardy, they will have made enough for an upgrade. Im fingers crossing to hold on to them until the bye rounds.... but tbh if they pull out the scores they are capable of, they will hold their spots regardless.

Jroo

Quote from: eaglesman on March 24, 2015, 09:14:19 AM
Byrne any chance ?
Sneaky chance to line up in round on, he's looked okay so far.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on March 24, 2015, 08:53:36 AM
yeh definitely take MacMillan out, he's not a good pick. But I guess it depends what you do. For me its a rookie at D5 vs a rookie in the fwd line and I definitely won't be trusting a rookie at D5.  There's also the issue of cash generation. Since they'll struggle to make much of their own, you'll need others do to it elsewhere for, for two spots rather than one. Add in js concerns and it's too risky for me

The thing is it could also be the difference between say Wells and NVB at M6. If we aren't starting with Gaz we want to make him as affordable as possible, so if Wells can make a quick 150k it means I might not have to struggle as much to bring Gaz into my side where as the defender premiums will be a lot cheaper.

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 24, 2015, 04:59:09 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 24, 2015, 08:53:36 AM

The thing is it could also be the difference between say Wells and NVB at M6. If we aren't starting with Gaz we want to make him as affordable as possible, so if Wells can make a quick 150k it means I might not have to struggle as much to bring Gaz into my side where as the defender premiums will be a lot cheaper.
If your going NVB to Wells who are your 4 def rookies? JS is the main concern for me

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on March 24, 2015, 05:02:02 PM
If your going NVB to Wells who are your 4 def rookies? JS is the main concern for me

Saad, McIntosh, Brown and Hamling. Hamlin is the key, I am not touching guys like Clurey and Oxley

So I am getting maybe 30 points less starting Brown/Hamling if McIntosh gets vested over someone like Macmillan, but I could very well make it back in NVB to Wells. Now I am going to have to turn Macmillian into a 90-100 point per game player at some point where I can turn Wells into Gaz for probably the same amount of cash if Gaz drops to say 600k after 5 rounds and Wells gets to under a tick under 500k. The point differential between Gaz and a defender premium will be probably around 30 points the other way.

Again, it hinges on all 4 of those guys getting named and if Talia and Hamling are named in the same side with Roughy I will be tempted to pull the trigger. It probably doesn't look likely but I think it is the best way to spend my cash

Bully

Question re. Ahmed Saad, worthy of F6 or F7?

Just went through his 2012 stats and there were some good scores. From 13 matches he recorded a 105, 91, 82, 81, 80, 76 & 75, included in that were 2 sub affected scores which distorts his average.

Better than Hogan?