The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 22, 2015, 08:20:20 PM
If you guys think Cripps isn't best 22 and wont play each week, then I am having serious concerns about what mid rookies will actually be best 22 and play each week

With that in mind, I'm now playing around with my team with Swan at M6  :o 8)
With Gray at M5?

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: Gigantor on March 22, 2015, 08:39:31 PM
If you guys think Cripps isn't best 22 and wont play each week, then I am having serious concerns about what mid rookies will actually be best 22 and play each week

With Gray at M5?

Probably to get BARTEL at F1? I just did the same  ;)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Gigantor on March 22, 2015, 08:39:31 PM

With Gray at M5?

Have had Gray at M5 for quite a while now :)

I'm thinking that Swan at M6 just means I don't need to rely on many mid rookies, and if he goes 100+ I'll eventually switch him to the forwards, and if he doesn't he will be easy to upgrade to a mid premium

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Southstorm on March 22, 2015, 07:56:54 PM
If the bans are long, the rookie priced Essendon player to pick is Elliot Kavanagh.

Shhh

PICCOLLO

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 22, 2015, 08:47:18 PM
If the bans are long, the rookie priced Essendon player to pick is Elliot Kavanagh.

Shhh

If Ess players get banned as expected. There will be plenty of Bombers picked. Kavanagh wont be the only one.
We wont have to worry about rookies. There will be a plethora of them. As long as they fatten by Round 6

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: PICCOLLO on March 22, 2015, 08:53:51 PM
Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 22, 2015, 08:47:18 PM

Shhh

If Ess players get banned as expected. There will be plenty of Bombers picked. Kavanagh wont be the only one.
We wont have to worry about rookies. There will be a plethora of them. As long as they fatten by Round 6

Yes, but not a lot have mentioned Kav. Guys like Edwards, Laverde and Langford have been spoken about, but Kav is much more likely to hold a spot in the team even after round 2 if Ess players miss.

YoungGun

ive noticed an increased number of people with Heeney in their teams, I know he has posted some good scores but surely he cant break into Sydneys team first year? I currently dont have anderson even though I want him for the same reason, fearing he cant possibly stay in the 22

hawkboy80

Quote from: Doggoneit on March 22, 2015, 06:23:12 PM
Quote from: muggle25 on March 22, 2015, 06:18:08 PM
Yes he is (hamstring) but the injury report indicates he should be thereabouts for round 1 and the club suggests he is being managed to be ready for the season - you don't stay injured forever and need to be mindful of all options - I think Biggs may turn out to be an option and many have forgotten about him.  Keep money in the kitty just in case - he will score well when he plays.

hard to see him making the rd 1 side as he has had no match practice through the NAB

I could be wrong but I think he will start in the magoos first
bone bruising 2weeks ago as well, can't be match ready surely

The_Captain

Quote from: hawkboy80 on March 23, 2015, 06:03:19 PM
Quote from: Doggoneit on March 22, 2015, 06:23:12 PM
Quote from: muggle25 on March 22, 2015, 06:18:08 PM
Yes he is (hamstring) but the injury report indicates he should be thereabouts for round 1 and the club suggests he is being managed to be ready for the season - you don't stay injured forever and need to be mindful of all options - I think Biggs may turn out to be an option and many have forgotten about him.  Keep money in the kitty just in case - he will score well when he plays.

hard to see him making the rd 1 side as he has had no match practice through the NAB

I could be wrong but I think he will start in the magoos first
bone bruising 2weeks ago as well, can't be match ready surely

I had in last pre season. Depends where it is. Could still play with it. Can't see him stealing a game unless he slaughters vfl this week. If it's on?. Not sure when there season starts.

nrich102

What are the thoughts on Touk Miller? He's played all 3 NAB challenge games scoring 71, 71 and 77.

The Coast are saying that he's a good hance of playing round 1 in the last paragraph of this article.

QuoteWith less than two weeks until Gold Coast begins its campaign against the Demons at the MCG, Eade has strongly indicated that Miller will be making the journey south for his maiden AFL appearance. You get the sense a decorated voyage might be departing the harbour.

Can he average enough to be worth it, at $117k he is one of the cheaper options.

ben_020285

If he lines up round 1 and doesn't wear the green vest then he is a lock for me.

Spite

Quote from: nrich102 on March 23, 2015, 09:25:02 PM
What are the thoughts on Touk Miller? He's played all 3 NAB challenge games scoring 71, 71 and 77.

The Coast are saying that he's a good hance of playing round 1 in the last paragraph of this article.

QuoteWith less than two weeks until Gold Coast begins its campaign against the Demons at the MCG, Eade has strongly indicated that Miller will be making the journey south for his maiden AFL appearance. You get the sense a decorated voyage might be departing the harbour.

Can he average enough to be worth it, at $117k he is one of the cheaper options.

I'm certain he will play round 1, but if gaz and JOM miss, then miller could make way for them in round 2-3. I fear he will be a short term cow only

nrich102

Any word on how long O'Mearas out for? Could be what defines whether I pick him or not.

Spite

Quote from: nrich102 on March 23, 2015, 09:43:07 PM
Any word on how long O'Mearas out for? Could be what defines whether I pick him or not.

According to Mr google, he will miss round 1 but is nearly ready - So I can't imagine it being much longer

nrich102

Quote from: Spite on March 23, 2015, 09:47:49 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on March 23, 2015, 09:43:07 PM

According to Mr google, he will miss round 1 but is nearly ready - So I can't imagine it being much longer
Damn. Hopefully he gets a longer run than just 1 game, I can't really see them giving him a debut then dropping him the next game, but who knows.