The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I would say put a line through Boekhorst for round 1. I think Byorn Pickett 2.0 will probably get the sub vest

Ricochet

If Cripps is named and avoids the tag then NVB-->Cripps is on the cards

Fid

Quote from: Ricochet on March 22, 2015, 06:46:57 PM

Agreed...

Never even looked at NVB at had Cripps/Newton for some time now...

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Fid on March 22, 2015, 06:52:33 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 22, 2015, 06:46:57 PM

Agreed...

Never even looked at NVB at had Cripps/Newton for some time now...

Agree, I'm not interested in NVB at all but I've had Cripps for a few weeks now and he just keeps killing it

I know Mat thinks he might not fit their structure, but his form has been too good to not be in I hope

If he doesn't make it (I'd be very surprised) I'll just change him to Newton I guess

Not touching Boekhorst

YoungGun

actually shattered Cripps did so well today, I will be more than happy if I have cripps against everyone else having NVB

Money Shot

Quote from: YoungGun on March 22, 2015, 07:03:35 PM
actually shattered Cripps did so well today, I will be more than happy if I have cripps against everyone else having NVB
+1

Bully

Boekhorst to Laverde could be on the cards if the suspension is lengthy. If not, it may be a case of two mid pricers like Steven & Wells for me.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on March 22, 2015, 07:05:23 PM
Boekhorst to Laverde could be on the cards if the suspension is lengthy. If not, it may be a case of two mid pricers like Steven & Wells for me.

Laverde hasn't shown anything to be picked

Just because rookies might get named, doesn't mean we need to pick them. There's every chance we are going to have spend big in the mids this year, unless you want cheap rookies who will get subbed, dropped and score 50 because it looks like a lot of them will be doing that

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 22, 2015, 07:08:46 PM

Just because rookies might get named, doesn't mean we need to pick them. There's every chance we are going to have spend big in the mids this year, unless you want cheap rookies who will get subbed, dropped and score 50 because it looks like a lot of them will be doing that

Laverde will get game time with half the team missing, will probably outscore Hogan if the truth be known.

Big Mac

Quote from: Bully on March 22, 2015, 07:23:48 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 22, 2015, 07:08:46 PM

Laverde will get game time with half the team missing, will probably outscore Hogan if the truth be known.

You leave Hogan out of this!

Southstorm

If the bans are long, the rookie priced Essendon player to pick is Elliot Kavanagh.

Bully

Quote from: Southstorm on March 22, 2015, 07:56:54 PM
If the bans are long, the rookie priced Essendon player to pick is Elliot Kavanagh.

Langford is another to consider.

Mat0369

Edwards in defense as well. He might only average 40 odd but he has looked alright in the small forward role and his pressure is pretty good

RaisyDaisy

If you guys think Cripps isn't best 22 and wont play each week, then I am having serious concerns about what mid rookies will actually be best 22 and play each week

With that in mind, I'm now playing around with my team with Swan at M6  :o 8)

Diesels Pups

Cripps will play, I too a bit disappointed he put in another good score, had him in my first team and he has remained there since. 22 game semi rookie, sold! at that price.