The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

Brown should be a lock if no one gets up but pretty much anyone even rookies can out score him don't think he is a lock by any means.

eaglesman

Quote from: Holz on March 22, 2015, 11:47:19 AM
Quote from: eaglesman on March 22, 2015, 11:34:35 AM
Brown has been a certainty to any top 50 supercoachers side for the last few months now

looks like i might drop outside the 50 this year.

havent had him

That's crazy ... Unless u have lumumba or something at d6

For security alone he is needed. Otherwise u must be willing to play a floating donut

muggle25

Nathan J aka Collingwood's current "Presti" (but more injury prone)

RaisyDaisy

The reason I am keen on keeping Brown is because I think Saad will have decent JS, but all the others (McIntosh, Hamling, Goddard) could easily get dropped after a game or two and then it's Georgiou all over again clogging up a spot and not making me any money

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 22, 2015, 01:49:52 PM
The reason I am keen on keeping Brown is because I think Saad will have decent JS, but all the others (McIntosh, Hamling, Goddard) could easily get dropped after a game or two and then it's Georgiou all over again clogging up a spot and not making me any money

Agreeing with u a lot lately haha

Holz

Quote from: eaglesman on March 22, 2015, 01:15:42 PM
Brown has been a certainty to any top 50 supercoachers side for the last few months now

havent had him

For security alone he is needed. Otherwise u must be willing to play a floating donut

I have Geary as d6

Brown on history will go sub 50 i can't ever have him on the field. At 140k he is worse than a floating donut as at least the donut let's you use emergency loophole.

If I see three  rookies who will play round 1 I might drop Ingo and play one of the three each week.

YoungGun

even though we all know Brown is probably gonna score 50 most weeks, I think he is still a great option because atm the only rookies i am happy to have are Saad and McIntosh and im not 100% on McIntosh. Fielding these 3 allows you to go stronger elsewhere which is a luxury given our original thoughts about zero back rookies

secondly, all it takes is for Brown to get lucky at some point and get a few 70's back to back and all of a sudden he has produced a decent amount of cash. Extremely low risk, reliable and could (if we are lucky) be an okay cash cow

eaglesman

Quote from: Holz on March 22, 2015, 02:19:47 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on March 22, 2015, 01:15:42 PM

havent had him

I have Geary as d6

Brown on history will go sub 50 i can't ever have him on the field. At 140k he is worse than a floating donut as at least the donut let's you use emergency loophole.

If I see three  rookies who will play round 1 I might drop Ingo and play one of the three each week.

Fair enough will agree to disagree ...

Personally think he will go 50 ... Think more ball will be in pies backline than years gone by .... The security of knowing I'll have a player on bench scoring Something covering late outs nd making even a small amount of cash is good enough reason for me to bench him .:: I agree he is not a field worthy option tho

Bully

Brown will be needed over the bye period too, that 50 or 60 points could be critical.

muggle25

I reckon Biggs is still a chance to make his way into the Bulldogs side for Round 1.  They recruited him for a reason and if he's fit to play he will.  I'm keeping some cash back in my planning just in case he comes up!  What about you guys?

Pkbaldy

Pretty sure Biggs is injured mate.

muggle25

Yes he is (hamstring) but the injury report indicates he should be thereabouts for round 1 and the club suggests he is being managed to be ready for the season - you don't stay injured forever and need to be mindful of all options - I think Biggs may turn out to be an option and many have forgotten about him.  Keep money in the kitty just in case - he will score well when he plays.

Bully

Boekhorst aint much chop, could be another cheapie falling by the wayside.

Doggoneit

Quote from: muggle25 on March 22, 2015, 06:18:08 PM
Yes he is (hamstring) but the injury report indicates he should be thereabouts for round 1 and the club suggests he is being managed to be ready for the season - you don't stay injured forever and need to be mindful of all options - I think Biggs may turn out to be an option and many have forgotten about him.  Keep money in the kitty just in case - he will score well when he plays.

hard to see him making the rd 1 side as he has had no match practice through the NAB

I could be wrong but I think he will start in the magoos first

YoungGun

Where did you see biggs may get up for round 1 muggle? From what I know unfortunately he wont be right for rnd 1