The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 22, 2015, 09:50:36 AM
Quote from: Nige on March 22, 2015, 09:47:06 AM
Don't need Brown at all, not when I've got Saad and McIntosh on the bench.  8)

I've got those two on my bench currently too, with Brown at D6 (Rotate the 3 for D6) but I want depth I can rely on, which is why I'm thinking it might be better to have Brown on the bench and ditch one of those rookies
Have fun with Brown at D6 scoring 40 while H scores me 100 every week.  ;)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on March 22, 2015, 09:52:29 AM

I've got those two on my bench currently too, with Brown at D6 (Rotate the 3 for D6) but I want depth I can rely on, which is why I'm thinking it might be better to have Brown on the bench and ditch one of those rookies

If you have H scoring you 100 each week at D6, then I've clearly got a stronger line elsewhere making up that difference :D

RaisyDaisy

Toying around with the idea of having Goodes at D6 with Brown and McIntosh on the bench, and moved Saad to mid bench to open up DPP

Also, I guess we can assume Krakouer wont be playing rd1 after not getting a go yesterday?

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 22, 2015, 09:56:15 AM
Quote from: Nige on March 22, 2015, 09:52:29 AM

If you have H scoring you 100 each week at D6, then I've clearly got a stronger line elsewhere making up that difference :D
You've probably got 5 premo mids as opposed to my 4 premo mids, but given all the drama and lack of security in the cheaper options down back, I've loaded up there to make up the difference since I'm confident all 6 of my defenders can average around 90 give or take.

Happy to rely on 4 premo mids and 2 200k lads in the mids, as well as 3 premo and 3 cheaper options in the forward line.

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 22, 2015, 10:04:18 AM
Also, I guess we can assume Krakouer wont be playing rd1 after not getting a go yesterday?
Yep have to take him out now

RaisyDaisy

OK, so with the NAB coming to an end and most of us getting close to finally settling on a side for rd1 I thought it would be handy to have a look at the rookies who we think will actually play rd1, and be good selections

Defence:
Brown, McIntosh and Saad seem like the most likely, with Hamling, Edwards, Oxley and Goddard an outside chance

Mids:
200k rookies: Acres, NVB, Newton and Cripps all seem likely
Cheaper rookies: Cockatoo, Boekhorst, Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen and Miller all seem likely, with Lang, Anderson, Heeney, Steele and Lambert a chance

Forwards:
Salem, Membrey, Clark, Saad, Tarrant and Hogan all seem likely, with Lennon, Karnezis, Newman, Daniel, Lamb and Lonie a chance

I think that pretty much covers off our options, and what stands out to me is the lack of cheap mids

Have I got it right?

Ricochet

reckon Lamb is more likely than not man.

RaisyDaisy

I agree, but just put him in the maybe section only because the return of Darling could see him get dropped, and although unlikely, Darling could be back in the early rounds

After putting together that list the one thing that has stood out for me is that I think I need to bat deep in the mids because there aint many good cheap options

I think Cockatoo will get the vest a few times and Boekhorst hasn't showed me he will be a good scorer

Vandenberg and Yolmen are the only two I am comfortable fielding, meaning I might need to look at 200k options or even a *shudder* mid pricer like Rich

Ricochet

I think we have to have one fwd/mid rookie on our mid bench. Should still be able to get away with field 3-4 mid rookies

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on March 22, 2015, 10:53:24 AM
I think we have to have one fwd/mid rookie on our mid bench. Should still be able to get away with field 3-4 mid rookies

Yeah, I've got Lambert plonked at M9. Currently looking at 5 prem mids with Cripps, Vandenberg and Yolmen on field

cortez

Quote from: Ricochet on March 22, 2015, 10:53:24 AM

I think you're right currently got both Lambert and Steele in my team, one in the mids and one in the forwards.

Gigantor

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 22, 2015, 10:43:07 AM
OK, so with the NAB coming to an end and most of us getting close to finally settling on a side for rd1 I thought it would be handy to have a look at the rookies who we think will actually play rd1, and be good selections

Defence:
Brown, McIntosh and Saad seem like the most likely, with Hamling, Edwards, Oxley and Goddard an outside chance

Mids:
200k rookies: Acres, NVB, Newton and Cripps all seem likely
Cheaper rookies: Cockatoo, Boekhorst, Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen and Miller all seem likely, with Lang, Anderson, Heeney, Steele and Lambert a chance

Forwards:
Salem, Membrey, Clark, Saad, Tarrant and Hogan all seem likely, with Lennon, Karnezis, Newman, Daniel, Lamb and Lonie a chance

I think that pretty much covers off our options, and what stands out to me is the lack of cheap mids

Have I got it right?
Yeah with Krak,Lambert, Steele, Miller and Freeman looking unlikely or having poor JS I've been looking at contingency plans to cover having expensive mid rookies.
Worst case you mid line could look something like this:

Premo x 4 NVB Newton Crisp Cockie (Boekhorst CEY VandenBerg)

eaglesman

Brown has been a certainty to any top 50 supercoachers side for the last few months now

Holz

Quote from: eaglesman on March 22, 2015, 11:34:35 AM
Brown has been a certainty to any top 50 supercoachers side for the last few months now

looks like i might drop outside the 50 this year.

havent had him

Torpedo10