Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drak

Quote from: barlowlove on March 21, 2015, 04:04:27 PM
N.Brown will play
Saad should play
Mcintosh and Hamling could be a chance
Not looking good for Goddard at this stage
Edwards and dalgleish if Essendon get suspensions will both play but for how long

I can see Dalgliesh hold his spot. Does more than Melksham, and proved he can go forward over the NAB challenge.

Southstorm

Quote from: Drak on March 21, 2015, 08:38:32 PM
N.Brown will play
Saad should play
Edwards and dalgleish if Essendon get suspensions will both play but for how long

I can see Dalgliesh hold his spot. Does more than Melksham, and proved he can go forward over the NAB challenge.
There's too many other players ahead of him, mate. The only way he'll play is if bans are laid down.

Drak

Quote from: Southstorm on March 21, 2015, 08:44:38 PM
N.Brown will play
Saad should play

There's too many other players ahead of him, mate. The only way he'll play is if bans are laid down.

Who in your opinion Southstorm?

Southstorm

Quote from: Drak on March 21, 2015, 08:47:37 PM
Quote from: Southstorm on March 21, 2015, 08:44:38 PM
N.Brown will play
Saad should play

Who in your opinion Southstorm?
As a half back; Hibberd, Dempsey, Cooney depending where he starts, Myers and Gleeson. I can't see Gleeson starting either.

Nige

Rocket's said Touk and Saad will play Round 1.

Mat0369

Quote from: Southstorm on March 21, 2015, 08:52:41 PM
As a half back; Hibberd, Dempsey, Cooney depending where he starts, Myers and Gleeson. I can't see Gleeson starting either.

I reckon Cooney would be more wing HF, but didn't Winderlich play along half back last season as well?

Southstorm

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 21, 2015, 09:11:42 PM
Quote from: Southstorm on March 21, 2015, 08:52:41 PM

I reckon Cooney would be more wing HF, but didn't Winderlich play along half back last season as well?
He did, but Hird played him exclusively as a forward. Given Ryder's departure and that Langford isn't quite AFL calibre yet, he'll be down forward again.

I reckon Cooney will be playing forward and back through the year.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on March 21, 2015, 08:56:34 PM

Yeah I mentioned that a few pages ago :P

Mat0369

Quote from: Southstorm on March 21, 2015, 09:17:30 PM
He did, but Hird played him exclusively as a forward. Given Ryder's departure and that Langford isn't quite AFL calibre yet, he'll be down forward again.

I reckon Cooney will be playing forward and back through the year.

I would have thought the Merrett's, Ambrose, Chappy and even guys like BJ and Zaha could provide some other scoring options next to Hurley/Carlisle and Daniher allowing Winderlich when fit to play pretty much anywhere as a pinch hitter

RaisyDaisy

Walsh on CEY

"I've been happy with Cam Ellis-Yolmen's three games, today I thought he kicked the ball when he needed to kick the ball whereas in the previous weeks he's tended to handball," Walsh said.

"He had a really strong pre-season, we've given him an opportunity to play through the midfield and right at this point in time he's ticked a lot of boxes.

"Without going back over the game he'd be challenging for a round one spot I would think."

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 21, 2015, 09:26:40 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 21, 2015, 08:56:34 PM

Yeah I mentioned that a few pages ago :P
You know I only visit this place every now and then.  :P

RaisyDaisy

What are peoples current thought's on Nathan Brown?

I've felt like he is nearly a must due to the limited options down back, and he seems to be scoring 60's plus a 97 in the NAB

Brett Goodes has however popped up and played the last 2 games for WB, looking a near certainty to play a lot for the Doggies this year, and we all know Goodes can push a 90 average

Saad and McIntosh seem like the two def rookies at this stage who could get games. Goddard, Hamling and the others don't exactly scream out to me

So my question is, what are peoples thoughts on Brown? I kind of feel like I must have him on the bench

colmullet

yeah i think he's a must for a bench spot, he will make money and has the JS

Nige

Don't need Brown at all, not when I've got Saad and McIntosh on the bench.  8)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on March 22, 2015, 09:47:06 AM
Don't need Brown at all, not when I've got Saad and McIntosh on the bench.  8)

I've got those two on my bench currently too, with Brown at D6 (Rotate the 3 for D6) but I want depth I can rely on, which is why I'm thinking it might be better to have Brown on the bench and ditch one of those rookies