The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

Quote from: LF on March 15, 2015, 12:52:42 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on March 15, 2015, 12:49:35 PM
Quote from: LF on March 15, 2015, 11:46:58 AM
He needs to be elevated first

Not even worried about him getting elevated ... He is a monty to get it ... As if we are going to upgrade hacks like Lucas ?

I beg to differ we need tall defenders rather than another forward,Powell is likely to get upgraded because he is  a player we may  actually need to use at some point during the season.

I hope not cos that would be a massive mistake ... He isn't much chop

Drak

Quote from: eaglesman on March 15, 2015, 01:43:42 PM

Not even worried about him getting elevated ... He is a monty to get it ... As if we are going to upgrade hacks like Lucas ?

I beg to differ we need tall defenders rather than another forward,Powell is likely to get upgraded because he is  a player we may  actually need to use at some point during the season.

Whether he aint much chop or not, Simpsons priority will be covering the loss of his best defender. If someone else filled the role that is already in the side, like ... I don't know... hypothetically...  Josh Kennedy (far stretch I know but bare with me, agile and tall enough to make my point) then that would be the only way to get Newman the spot.

Now that I write it down, putting an experienced unit that is in the starting 22 would make more sense. But I don't know Powell very well. He might have the chops to be a stopper... i.e. Zac Dawson.

Whats Powells m.o?

LF

According to you maybe
I don't really think you know much about him to comment like that.
He can play either end,can play as a KPP defender or a rebounding one,is great overhead and strong one on one.
He bulked up by 12kgs
He is obviously rated at the club because he was cotton balled last season so he could fully recover from a shoulder injury and be ready for a full preseason and for long term management

tbh I don't think they will be too hasty in upgrading anyone atm

honza

I reckon 12 months in the slammer would turn any forward in to a gun back

Drak

Quote from: LF on March 15, 2015, 02:02:05 PM

According to you maybe
He can play either end,can play as a KPP defender or a rebounding one,is great overhead and strong one on one.
He bulked up by 12kgs
He is obviously rated at the club because he was cotton balled last season so he could fully recover from a shoulder injury and be ready for a full preseason and for long term management

Well there you go. Thanks for that LF. Any chance you reckon of an NAB appearance?

eg6914

According to you maybe
He bulked up by 12kgs

this, couldn't have said it better myself

LF

Quote from: Drak on March 15, 2015, 02:10:21 PM

According to you maybe
He bulked up by 12kgs

Well there you go. Thanks for that LF. Any chance you reckon of an NAB appearance?

He played in the indigenous match for us and was one of best on ground
Couldn't say if he will play next match for sure or not,he was named in the squad for Port match but was one of the late outs.

eaglesman

Quote from: eg6914 on March 15, 2015, 02:11:23 PM

According to you maybe
He bulked up by 12kgs

this, couldn't have said it better myself

I don't think you understand just how obsessed I am with the Eagles  but anyways .. I will be so shocked if we do not have Newman upgraded ... Next week I fully expect him to show us all why he is streaks above the other rookie candidates. He shredded in the east Perth scratch match and has a hunger for the contest.

And as for Powell ... Did u go to the east perth practice match to watch our boys play? I suspect u didn't because If you did you would of seen a player that requires much more time in the system, it will be another developmental year for him he didn't do much at all, was beaten by his opponents and might have touched the ball 5 times 8 disposals max

Heck Corey adamson the baseball convert would be ahead of Powell for an upgrade

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: honza on March 15, 2015, 02:06:54 PM
I reckon 12 months in the slammer would turn any forward in to a gun back

AHAHAHAHAHAHA I see what you did there!  ;D ;D ;D

LF

No I don't go to the scratch matches because I do have other things in life to do and I am not a supporter of East Perth anyway so will never go to their matches regardless of them being the Eagles reserves team.
I support the WAFL team I have supported since I was a child,I am not a turn coat like some people are.(Not saying you are just generalising)

Eagles won't upgrade anyone yet like I said.And I do not see a real need for anyone to be upgraded at this point either.
We have a plethora of forwards available as is.

Drak

Anyone watch Richmond v Port? Where was Kamdyn Macintosh playing?

LF

Quote from: Drak on March 15, 2015, 03:14:24 PM

Down in defence

Drak

Quote from: LF on March 15, 2015, 03:14:51 PM

Down in defence

Must have gone fwd at some stage. Kicked 2 points.

LF

Quote from: Drak on March 15, 2015, 03:18:08 PM
Quote from: LF on March 15, 2015, 03:14:51 PM

Down in defence

Must have gone fwd at some stage. Kicked 2 points.

Yeah he did

RaisyDaisy

Scratch Daniel Nielson off the list

Did his ACL and is out for the year