The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Any Port supporters or anyone in the know have any insight as to who they will elevate?

Port have 1 spot after putting Frampton on the LTI. Has to be out of Krakouer and Sam Gray right?

ADEZ

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 11, 2015, 12:24:17 AM
Any Port supporters or anyone in the know have any insight as to who they will elevate?

Port have 1 spot after putting Frampton on the LTI. Has to be out of Krakouer and Sam Gray right?

Yeah, personally I think Krak may get the nod ahead of Gray, Krak has much more versatility...

Drak

Agreed, Krakour has way more upside.

I went over the match footage from the other day. What is everyones thoughts on Amon. I reckon he looked fantastic for a 117k rookie.

Thoughts?

ADEZ

KAmon will be the GOAT w/o a doubt but will not play consistent footy this year, In my eyes there are 2 places up for grabs in our best 22 and it's out of O'Shae, Impey, Neade, Moore, Young, Krak and Amon. I expect one of the defensive types in O'Shae/Impey/Krak to get one of the spots, there's great competition at the moment. Amon is still a teenager anyway

Drak

Quote from: ADEZ on March 11, 2015, 11:05:18 AM
KAmon will be the GOAT w/o a doubt but will not play consistent footy this year, In my eyes there are 2 places up for grabs in our best 22 and it's out of O'Shae, Impey, Neade, Moore, Young, Krak and Amon. I expect one of the defensive types in O'Shae/Impey/Krak to get one of the spots, there's great competition at the moment. Amon is still a teenager anyway

Yeah that was my feeling.... but I don't know man. Something about him just made me think he could pull a Z Merrett and force his way in.

Any knowledge on his fitness? Its the only thing I could think of to hinder cementing a spot.

honza

Quote from: Drak on March 11, 2015, 11:13:16 AM

Yeah that was my feeling.... but I don't know man. Something about him just made me think he could pull a Z Merrett and force his way in.

Any knowledge on his fitness? Its the only thing I could think of to hinder cementing a spot.
Fitness is what Amon has. One of the best at the club.

Drak

Quote from: honza on March 11, 2015, 11:16:25 AM
Quote from: Drak on March 11, 2015, 11:13:16 AM

Fitness is what Amon has. One of the best at the club.

Gahhhhhhhh honza.... you're meant to say... nah mate its your typical teen fitness base that needs another year. Oh well, might have to put my money where my mouth is and put him on my bench.

Nige

I've been following Amon all pre-season and if he can slot into the Port 22, he's definitely worth a look.

I feel like he'll be in the 25 pretty much every week, but might not get a gig every week.

Ricochet

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-03-11/forward-thinking-our-attacking-options-?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

QuoteTouk Miller: Super impressive pre-season after being taken by the SUNS at No.30 in last year's draft. Miller is a coach's dream, chasing anything that moves in the forward 50, and is firmly in the picture to play in round one.

shaker

That's good news with him and Saad the Gold Coast look like helping us SCer's  :)

RaisyDaisy

I've had Miller on my bench for a long time now. Reckon he will play a lot this year

AaronKirk

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 12, 2015, 04:41:49 PM
I've had Miller on my bench for a long time now. Reckon he will play a lot this year

He and Saad likely to play round one. Both in my team.

Money Shot

Quote from: AaronKirk on March 12, 2015, 05:00:11 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 12, 2015, 04:41:49 PM

He and Saad likely to play round one. Both in my team.
+1
Going 5 premiums and then cheaper rookies (Anderson my most expensive at 140k)

honza

I've had Miller since a month before SC opened. I remember seeing the name Touk Miller at the draft and thinking to myself it sounded like a yank name for a nuke.

honza

Quote from: Drak on March 11, 2015, 11:46:48 AM
Gahhhhhhhh honza.... you're meant to say... nah mate its your typical teen fitness base that needs another year. Oh well, might have to put my money where my mouth is and put him on my bench.
Sorry champ. He was amongst the leading runners in their Dubai training camp. Pushed Kane Cornes and overtook him on one of the drills which was a bit of a boilover.