The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Don't think Brown can be any higher than D8. Have seen some with him at D6 and think you'll lose out far too much

RaisyDaisy

I'd like to get peoples thoughts on the expensive mid rookies?

With the first week of NAB now playing out, I just don't think we need these expensive rookies

In years gone past I've never started or picked a 200k ish priced mid rookie, but most of us seemed to be doing it this year because it didn't look like their would be too many good cheap options, but I think that is changing now

NVB is a hard one to gauge. He is not a rookie, but will just score like one however it's his JS that attracts us

Acres, Newton, NVB, Sexton, Brayshaw, Cripps, Biggs, De Goey etc do we really need to be spending 200k+ on these guys?

Anderson, Boekhorst, Freeman, Miller, Lambert, Vandenberg, Heeney, Lang, Cockatoo and the likes - is it best we save the cash and go with these sort of guys instead?

Ricochet

Think you'll need to keep them handy man, not a lot of the basement rookies will be there come RD1

Gigantor

I'll start with NVB and Biggs for the job security, though Biggs could be a 80-85 player this year.
I'm not convinced the sub 200k players you named could string enough games together even if they are named RD1

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 03, 2015, 10:13:46 AM

With the first week of NAB now playing out, I just don't think we need these expensive rookies

In years gone past I've never started or picked a 200k ish priced mid rookie, but most of us seemed to be doing it this year because it didn't look like their would be too many good cheap options, but I think that is changing now

NVB is a hard one to gauge. He is not a rookie, but will just score like one however it's his JS that attracts us

Acres, Newton, NVB, Sexton, Brayshaw, Cripps, Biggs, De Goey etc do we really need to be spending 200k+ on these guys?

Anderson, Boekhorst, Freeman, Miller, Lambert, Vandenberg, Heeney, Lang, Cockatoo and the likes - is it best we save the cash and go with these sort of guys instead?
I am naming them atm RD as it will give my wriigle room to adjust come Round 1. Much rather have the option of downgrading than trying to find cash to get playing rooks.

hawkboy80

Quote from: The_Captain on March 02, 2015, 05:24:17 PM
Quote from: hawkboy80 on March 02, 2015, 04:19:20 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on March 02, 2015, 04:09:43 PM
Quote from: hawkboy80 on March 02, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on March 02, 2015, 12:25:03 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on March 02, 2015, 12:04:34 PM
Based on this ... And given his job security is 100% ... Surely Nathan brown must be picked even for a bench spot ... Surely 50-60s would be good enough as that would be all we would be likely for from a cheap defence rookie ? Thoughts

yeah i'm locking him in, not much point in picking a guy who gets a couple of 70's then gets dropped
Brown a definite lock at D7, just don't expect anything over 60avg

60... Can't see him getting even 50.... Anything that comes up will be better than him!
while i agree with u that he has always been irrelevant from a supercoach point of view, given what we've got atm even 45-50 "guaranteed" from a D7 sounds good till things settle a bit

Yeah also issue is that he is so injury prone also.. Which doesn't help us unfortunately!
so he's a potato, he's injury prone, 1 more and you might convince me to dump him completely  ;)

sammy123

eaglesman

At this stage ... Out of the players you have listed can you confidently say that any of them will definitely line up round 1?

My evaluations.

The 200k+ players.
Acres - will line up
Newton - will line up
NVB - will line up
Sexton - will line up
Brayshaw - don't think so not certain
Cripps - don't think so not certain
Biggs - will line up
De goey - think he will but not certain

Under 150k
Anderson - think he will but not certain but if named lock
Boekhorst - don't think he will and if he does hve a feeling will get dropped
Freeman - degoey definitely ahead I don't have the faith based on how he looked
Miller - think he is a good chance but perhaps in similar battle to Garlett?
Lambert - think he definitely is there round 1
Vandenberg - not sure yet obviously but with a few Injuries at dees thibk he might squeeze in but still could be dropped easily in a few weeks
Heeney - would wanna be really good
Lang - looked great on weekend and I think he makes it
Cockatoo - think he also looked well on weekend but looks sub perhaps 

GCSkiwi

Quote from: eaglesman on March 03, 2015, 06:40:40 PM

At this stage ... Out of the players you have listed can you confidently say that any of them will definitely line up round 1?

My evaluations.

The 200k+ players.
Acres - will line up
Newton - will line up
NVB - will line up
Sexton - will line up
Brayshaw - don't think so not certain
Cripps - don't think so not certain
Biggs - will line up
De goey - think he will but not certain

Under 150k
Anderson - think he will but not certain but if named lock
Boekhorst - don't think he will and if he does hve a feeling will get dropped
Freeman - degoey definitely ahead I don't have the faith based on how he looked
Miller - think he is a good chance but perhaps in similar battle to Garlett?
Lambert - think he definitely is there round 1
Vandenberg - not sure yet obviously but with a few Injuries at dees thibk he might squeeze in but still could be dropped easily in a few weeks
Heeney - would wanna be really good
Lang - looked great on weekend and I think he makes it
Cockatoo - think he also looked well on weekend but looks sub perhaps

Largely agree eagles, apart from Cripps, I reckon if he keeps on performing as he did against the Weagles then he's a good chance. Also I don't like chances of Anderson or Heeney breaking into their sides, if they did they surely won't hold spots.

sammy123

Biggs is injured to anyone wondering. Has bruising in his knee

Sabretooth Tigers

::)

Shower, what a flowering shame !!   And that is actually what I typed. Cheers.    ;D

Woppa15

Quote from: sammy123 on March 04, 2015, 09:48:54 PM

Well tell him to un bruise and get out in the next couple of NAB games! Doesn't he know there's 200 odd thousand SC'ers wanting to gauge his performances.....

sammy123

Quote from: Woppa15 on March 04, 2015, 11:25:03 PM
Quote from: sammy123 on March 04, 2015, 09:48:54 PM

Well tell him to un bruise and get out in the next couple of NAB games! Doesn't he know there's 200 odd thousand SC'ers wanting to gauge his performances.....

They reckon he will be up for nab 3 maybe nab 2 if he's lucky

muggle25

No Zak Jones in the Swans squad.  Anyone know why he hasn't got a start?

Ricochet

Quote from: muggle25 on March 05, 2015, 10:12:35 AM
No Zak Jones in the Swans squad.  Anyone know why he hasn't got a start?
Not sure man, but would be surprised if he forced his way into that side anyway